Favre vs. Bledsoe

Fezmid

Last week I was told to never ever ever compare Brett Favre to Drew Bledsoe. I think I figured out why. Bledsoe doesn't play this poorly against the bad defenses... :)

Poor Favre.. I think this is going to be his last game in the NFL... He's hinted at retiring all season.

CW

Don't count the Packers out just yet.

199537[/snapback]

I'm not. But regardless of the outcome, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett retire.

Then again, if he loses to the Vikes he's probably less likely to retire.

CW

He looks alot like Kelly did right before he retired. He wants to make all the throws he did in his younger days but just can't do it anymore. I hope Brett hangs em up and doesn't tarnish his rep as a clutch QB because he has been anything but clutch in the last few years.

Favre is having a rough first half, but that second pick was his receiver showing one route and then running another.......The main difference between Favre and Drew in a situation like this is that with Favre, you have much more confidence that he can get the Pack back in it. If our Bills were down like this, I'd have faith that our D could get us a turnover or two, but I have very little faith that Drew could do what Favre is capable of.

As for Favre retiring........I hope not. But you're right, it's probably looming.

The main difference between Favre and Drew in a situation like this is that with Favre, you have much more confidence that he can get the Pack back in it.

Weird. I think the announcers said that Brett's never come back from 14 points down before. Puts things into perspective...

And Brett just threw the ball 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. That could be compared to the play that someone brought up a few times last week where Drew accidentally threw the ball away on 4th down.

Not looking good for the Packers, but they do get the ball in the 2nd half...

CW

And Brett just threw the ball 4 yards past the line of scrimmage.  That could be compared to the play that someone brought up a few times last week where Drew accidentally threw the ball away on 4th down.

199546[/snapback]

Could you imagine if Drew had done what Favre just did? :) This board would have Rosened so fast.

Last week I was told to never ever ever compare Brett Favre to Drew Bledsoe.  I think I figured out why.  Bledsoe doesn't play this poorly against the bad defenses... :)

Poor Favre..  I think this is going to be his last game in the NFL...  He's hinted at retiring all season.

CW

199536[/snapback]

Dont forget that Brett Farves wife is sick. Must be on his conscience.

Dont forget that Brett Farves wife is sick. Must be on his conscience.

199553[/snapback]

He's a professional, he has to put that out of his head. (look, we get to bring up two Bills, Bledsoe AND MW) in one thread. :)

CW

He's a professional, he has to put that out of his head.  (look, we get to bring up two Bills, Bledsoe AND MW) in one thread. :D

CW

199555[/snapback]

Amazing isnt it. :)

Farve & his wife were highschool sweethearts.

Could you imagine if Drew had done what Favre just did?  :)  This board would have Rosened so fast.

199550[/snapback]

Especially because Brett could've cut forward and probably gotten the first down.

CW

Last week I was told to never ever ever compare Brett Favre to Drew Bledsoe.  I think I figured out why.  Bledsoe doesn't play this poorly against the bad defenses... :)

Poor Favre..  I think this is going to be his last game in the NFL...  He's hinted at retiring all season.

CW

199536[/snapback]

Wow thats an astute observation seeing Favre debated retiring after last season. Favre is the only 3time MVP in the history of the NFL. He is a leader. Did you see him going after Vikes defenders after the cheap shot on Bubba Franks? Favre is a winner. He has the ring to show for it. I agree Favre best football is behind him but he is still great fun to watch. Dont ever compare Brett Favre to Bledsoe. As far as football ability, leadership, charisma, past achievments, team record, passion, history of big games, etc there is no comparison

Weird.  I think the announcers said that Brett's never come back from 14 points down before.  Puts things into perspective...

199546[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard that, too.........but still, if I had to pick between Drew or Brett to win a game being down by 14, it's an easy choice.

Yeah, I heard that, too.........but still, if I had to pick between Drew or Brett to win a game being down by 14, it's an easy choice.

199568[/snapback]

Favre probably has not been behind 14 points in too many games in his career. Thats what happens when you consistantly throw for TDs- you dont fall behind too far

Wow thats an astute observation seeing Favre debated retiring after last season.  Favre is the only 3time MVP in the history of the NFL.  He is a leader.  Did you see  him going after Vikes defenders after the cheap shot on Bubba Franks?  Favre is a winner.  He has the ring to show for it.  I agree Favre best football is behind him but he is still great fun to watch.  Dont ever compare Brett Favre to Bledsoe.  As far as football ability, leadership, charisma, past achievments, team record, passion, history of big games, etc there is no comparison

199564[/snapback]

right on.......Favre and Jimbo.......my two favorite QBs of all time. Favre is a winner......Drew has yet to be.

Amazing isnt it.  :)

Farve & his wife were highschool sweethearts.

199560[/snapback]

My post wasn't very clear - I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was making fun of the people who criticized Mike Williams for skipping some practices due to a death in his family, telling him that he needs to be a professional.

CW

Favre probably has not been behind 14 points in too many games in his career.  Thats what happens when you consistantly throw for TDs- you dont fall behind too far

199571[/snapback]

So you have no idea how many times Favre's been down by 14 points, but you just assume it rarely happens? In essence, your post is about nothing then, right?

CW