Is it time to draft a kicker?

zow2

Seriously, what's with all the Lindell hate? Lindell never showed us any particular reason to consider him inaccurate. Maybe he doesn't quite have the leg to be elite, but he knows how to kick at the Ralph when things are windy.

Yes, Chan didn't trust Lindell to make field goals. He also didn't trust CJ Spiller to be able to touch the ball 20 times a game, and put an inordinate amount of faith in Fitz when everyone was screaming to pound the ball up the middle to help him. Why are we suddenly putting so much faith in what Chan thought?

You never know. Who’s to say that the kicker drafted in the 6th will turn out to be any good? At that point it’s mostly based on potential and is kind of a crap shoot. There are a bunch of guys in the league that were drafted in the 6th or lower. Maybe we find the next SJ13, Donald Driver or even Mr. Butt Chin. As of right now, compared to other positions, I just don’t think that a kicker is really high on the list of needs because I don’t know for certain that Lindell cannot hit from 50+. I’d rather find a position player with all the physical tools that needs some time to develop.

Totally different, you are drafting the top rated kicker in the 6th round and the 74th rated lineman. Like Casserly said 9% end up being players. That means 3 of the 32 (or more with compensatory) players picked in the 6th will be good. I would rather have a stud kicker than a 1 out of 10 chance that you find the next Stevie Johnson.