Teen wears NRA T-Shirt to school, gets arrested

Teen refuses to remove shirt, after being told to do so

Teen serves one-day suspension from school

Teen shows up to school the next day wearing same t-shirt, and other students support him by wearing NRA t-shirts as well

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-suspended-arrested-nra-t-shirt-returns-school-shirt-article-1.1325252

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22041738/eighth-grader-suspended-over-t-shirt-returns-to-school-wv-logan-middle-school-jared-marcum

Teen refuses to remove shirt, after being told to do so

Teen serves one-day suspension from school

Teen shows up to school the next day wearing same t-shirt, and other students support him by wearing NRA t-shirts as well

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1325252

http://www.wowktv.co...ol-jared-marcum

Violating the students first amendment rights because you disagree with his stance on the second amendment.

Nice

PUNCHING BACK TWICE AS HARD: West Virginia teen returns to school with NRA shirt, classmates’ support.

A West Virginia teen who was arrested and suspended for wearing a National Rifle Association T-shirt to school returned to class Monday wearing the same shirt that got him into trouble.

Jared Marcum, 14, was joined by about 100 other students across Logan County who wore shirts with a similar gun rights theme in a show of support for free speech.

That’s how you respond to this sort of thing.

Also, I really do not have a problem with the school having a "non-message" (see - disruptive) policy for apparel

JUST enforce it equally..........No Earth day shirts, No Planned Parenthood, No Diversity

Arrested?!?! What the hell?

For disrupting an educational process and interfering with an officer of the law...

Okay, the second one I can see (if I squint really, really hard). The officer gave him a reasonable order, he responded like a punk, blathering about right to free speech. C'est la vie.

But disrupting an educational process? When he was standing in the cafeteria line? In other words, had already been wearing the shirt for half a day, and was outside the classroom? What education was going on in the lunch line? What the bloody !@#$?

Like Gene said...silly hill people. Inbreeding and white lightning....

Glory, glory hallelujah

Teacher hit me with a ruler

I came through the door with a smokin' 44

Now there ain't no teacher anymore

That would get a kid in big trouble these days.

We used to sing it all the time back in the day.

Glory, glory hallelujah

Teacher hit me with a ruler

I came through the door with a smokin' 44

Now there ain't no teacher anymore

Holy crap, our music teacher taught us that in 3rd grade near the end of the school year :w00t:

Can't believe I forgot about that.

If you wear a shirt with a weapon on it to a school, your're either asking for a tangle, or deliberatly doing to be a punk. There is zero tolerance for most anything in schools anymore whether we like it or not, I in the light recent school based violence, I am sure we will see more arrests that seem overreach in the future.

You made your point, we get it, take of the shirt and stop being a dickhead.

If you wear a shirt with a weapon on it to a school, your're either asking for a tangle, or deliberatly doing to be a punk. There is zero tolerance for most anything in schools anymore whether we like it or not, I in the light recent school based violence, I am sure we will see more arrests that seem overreach in the future.

You made your point, we get it, take of the shirt and stop being a dickhead.

What about a hibbity jibbity or whatever they call that thing the mormon chicks wear? Isn't that just making a point?

What about a hibbity jibbity or whatever they call that thing the mormon chicks wear? Isn't that just making a point?

What specifically is it they wear?

Look, I am not saying he did anything wrong by expressing his rights, but you have to consider the context of that shirt within a middle school setting these days. He could have worn any shirt, white shirt, tank top, etc. Just like B-man posted, keep it neutral and non controversal.

Look, I am not saying he did anything wrong by expressing his rights, but you have to consider the context of that shirt within a middle school setting these days. He could have worn any shirt, white shirt, tank top, etc. Just like B-man posted, keep it neutral and non controversal.

thats well and good - but if thats the policy the school needs to write a rule into the handbook defining that you cant wear graphic tees, or clothes with any weapons featured for instance.

You cant let any Joe Five Pack teacher go around demanding anything that doesnt fit with his political agenda be changed at his whim.

It's like the pictures chef posted but these mormon broads cover their faces and stuff. I think it is called a hibbity jibbity. Anyway it is totally cool they wear it as it is an expression of their religion and freedom of speech. Some of them might wear it to bother other people or make a political point. So what? This kid wore a gun t-shirt. That is totally cool as it is an expression of his belief in the 2nd amendment and freedom of speech. Maybe he wore it to bother someone. So what? If I want to weear a shirt about the fourth amendment because I honor my mother and father am I going to offend some orphan? Geez dude.

Edited by 4merper4mer

thats well and good - but if thats the policy the school needs to write a rule into the handbook defining that you cant wear graphic tees, or clothes with any weapons featured for instance.

You cant let any Joe Five Pack teacher go around demanding anything that doesnt fit with his political agenda be changed at his whim.

This pretty much sums it up. If there are some actual facts that could reasonably lead the administration to set an actual policy that says no gun tee shirts...that's fine. But absent that you can't just have teachers going rouge and dispensing justice as they see fit.

If the shirt were depicting gun violence, or something blatantly illegal...it would probably be a different story and not need a policy...although...I must admit despite my opinion there is a good chance the teacher did not violate the first amendment in demanding the kid take the shirt off or turn it inside out or whatever she did...

Edited by SameOldBills

I think he's referring to these:

Norwegian+traditional+dresses+designs..jpg

Those women need shorter skirts, lower cut tops, a beer stein in each hand and a polka band behind them.

First of all, LA nailed it

Second, I didn't see Ann wear anything near that sexy during the campaign....