[closed]Dennis Shaw

Dennis Shaw was more like Matt Kofler as far as the beach ball throws go.

And both of them went to San Diego State.

I'm an old !@#$ too.

From what I recall Shaw had a rag arm, and wasn't any good when he was good. Not sure how he won the rookie of the year award. I actually remember Kofler as having a decent arm, but I could be mixing him up with other pitiful Bills QBs like Gary Marangi.

Dennis Shaw was more like Matt Kofler as far as the beach ball throws go.

And both of them went to San Diego State.

I'm an old !@#$ too.

Yeah I`ve seen a shitzload of Qbs over the years. And I`m sorry Nassib doesn`t grab me as a Franchise QB. Where has he been the other years. Weak ,Weak Schedule. I might find something else to do sundays after close to 50 years of watching this team. If Marrone wasn`t our coach, I don`t think he would get as much press as now.

From what I recall Shaw had a rag arm, and wasn't any good when he was good. Not sure how he won the rookie of the year award. I actually remember Kofler as having a decent arm, but I could be mixing him up with other pitiful Bills QBs like Gary Marangi.

IF nassib has such a strong arm,WHY does he throw balloon deep balls ? Watch Glennon ,Manuel and Bray throw deep balls. Glennon throws them on a rope. Not buying the Nasib arm strength. I remember reports from the senior bowl on how they were surprised how average his arm was.He guns the short stuff,making it seem as he has a strong arm.

Yeah I`ve seen a shitzload of Qbs over the years. And I`m sorry Nassib doesn`t grab me as a Franchise QB. Where has he been the other years. Weak ,Weak Schedule. I might find something else to do sundays after close to 50 years of watching this team. If Marrone wasn`t our coach, I don`t think he would get as much press as now.

IF nassib has such a strong arm,WHY does he throw balloon deep balls ? Watch Glennon ,Manuel and Bray throw deep balls. Glennon throws them on a rope. Not buying the Nasib arm strength. I remember reports from the senior bowl on how they were surprised how average his arm was.He guns the short stuff,making it seem as he has a strong arm.

Because arm strength has little to do with trajectory? I think throwing the deep ball and touch are Nassib's biggest issues, but it's not a matter of arm strength, he has plenty of it. It's a matter of touch. He will be coached out of that balloon ball over time. I imagine that they had twenty other things to worry about installing a new offense two weeks before the season and throughout the year to spend much time on that.

What we don't know, and what will kill him in the NFL, is if he doesn't develop the deep ball touch. Fitz never did and it killed him. The jury is completely open on Nassib, he hasn't been a pro yet. That stuff can be taught. Brady is a good example (although he is an aberration in a lot of ways so maybe not a good example).

We've had this same discussion before about throwing long versus throwing hard.

It's a weird thing but anyways for the record, Nassib threw the ball 61 yards at the Quicken Loans Skills Competition.

EJ Manuel won the overall event and had the long throw of 66 yards.

The other two QBs were Mike Glennon and Aaron Rodger's brother who played at Vanderbilt… can't remember his first name.

Don't recall how long their throws were.