Has Westboro showed up for any of their protests lately?

Teamsters Local 25 will be out in full force tomorrow morning at St. Joseph’s Church in Medford to form a human shield and block the Westboro Baptist Church from protesting the funeral of Krystle Campbell.

On the upside, I noticed a union finally found a way to make itself useful, so that's something.

On the upside, I noticed a union finally found a way to make itself useful, so that's something.

Now consider that they're probably getting paid double-time, eight hours minimum, for standing around for an hour.

(Of course, now that I think of it, except for the double-time that's probably normal.)

Now consider that they're probably getting paid double-time, eight hours minimum, for standing around for an hour.

(Of course, now that I think of it, except for the double-time that's probably normal.)

My experience with union workers has gone both ways. (In my previous non-union job doing alarm installs we sometimes had to work with electrical and elevator union workers) Some workers will dive right in and do whatever they can to help get the job done. And there are others that if it wasn't for the local contract, we would have gladly done the work ourselves.

An example of a lovely wiring job done by a union worker (click on the thumbnail) You'll see missing wire nuts, and the equipment is just hanging out of the ceiling, the wires are the only thing keeping it from falling. ....

post-9-0-32555300-1366681542_thumb.jpg