Can the Bills trade with Jets?

I have read alot of trade scenarios with Niners, Minnesota, etc....with the latest developments, what about our friends down I-90???

The Jets lost both Landry and Bell at safety. Unlike CB (where they still have Cromartie), the safety position is wide open.

We have Byrd, and as much as I would love to sign him for a reasonable salary, it looks like he's none too happy with the franchise tag.

The Jets just received the 13th pick from TB. They may be looking at Mingo (according to alot of mock drafts) but my money says they are looking at Kenny Vacaro.

Why not dangle the carrot in front of them for their 13th pick?? That way, the Bills can grab their QB at 8 (whichever it is) and not feel like they reached because they have another pick at 13. If Jets are not willing to give the 13th pick, then this year's 2nd rounder and next year's first or second.

If Byrd is as much of a stud as he appears to be (based on our collective opinions on TSW), the Jets would be getting a starting safety (Top 5 in the League) at a reasonable salary (well under Revis' salary). Byrd is a known commodity and is worth the trade.

Please...just stop.

Crazy talk I know...but isn't that what this time of the season is all about. When we lose Byrd next year and he walks away...we can sit here and wonder why we didn't get anything for him. The Jets need a stud safety. Let's gitter done.

Interesting thought. Lots of rumors out there suggesting Byrd may be available via trade. I hope we don't trade him and I especially would hate to see him traded within the division. Can't you just picture him picking off passes against us for a decade?

Interesting thought. Lots of rumors out there suggesting Byrd may be available via trade. I hope we don't trade him and I especially would hate to see him traded within the division. Can't you just picture him picking off passes against us for a decade?

Why pass the ball when we can use Warmack with their 13th pick to run the ball at will?? :thumbsup:

It look like the Jets covet Milliner, so theoretically we could tempt them to trade our 1st's and we pick up additonal picks in the draft, since we need alot of bodies and competition at just about every position.

I wouldn't let Byrd go anywhere- you can't keep letting impact Vets walk, you need a core to the Defense and he is part of it. I wouldn't overpay, but I would certainly extend him a lucrative contract sooner rather than later....

It look like the Jets covet Milliner, so theoretically we could tempt them to trade our 1st's and we pick up additonal picks in the draft, since we need alot of bodies and competition at just about every position.

I wouldn't let Byrd go anywhere- you can't keep letting impact Vets walk, you need a core to the Defense and he is part of it. I wouldn't overpay, but I would certainly extend him a lucrative contract sooner rather than later....

I don't want Byrd to go anywhere either...but he can go wherever he wants next year (unless we franchise him again at 120% the salary of top safety). Hopefully, they get something worked out soon. If not, this may be an option for the Bills to keep their 8th pick and gain an extra first or second rounder (rather than facing the possibility of Byrd hitting the road next year and we get squat).

We have the money to keep byrd here long term. It is just a matter of contract details. I am not opposed to letting them give us another pick to move up, i doubt they will give us both of their firsts though. IMO there are more attractive trade partners.

Really? You think the Bills would trade their best player to the Jets?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here Captn - but if our best player is willing to wait until next year to score his big pay day, what makes us think we are going to pay that huge salary when CJ and others are looking for their contract to be renegotiated? In that case, he walks and we get nothing. All I'm saying is a trade with the Jets whereby they get Byrd (from us) and Mingo (pick 9) fills two big needs and we get our QB at 8 and another bite at the apple at 13 (Warmack, Austin, Eifert, Werner, Johnson, etc).

This wouldnt happen for so many reasons. First off, Buddy isnt perfect but hes not clueless. You dont trade your best player within the Division. You just dont.

If we are worried about Byrd contract demands, there is no way he will fit in with the Jets plans. The have 8 million, 5 million and 12 million tied to Sanchez, Holmes and Revis respectively.

The Jets are putting Rex Ryan out there as a sacrificial lamb to year one of their rebuild. He is going to get no help whatsoever, including getting one of the top young safeties in the game

Just playing Devil's Advocate here Captn - but if our best player is willing to wait until next year to score his big pay day, what makes us think we are going to pay that huge salary when CJ and others are looking for their contract to be renegotiated? In that case, he walks and we get nothing. All I'm saying is a trade with the Jets whereby they get Byrd (from us) and Mingo (pick 9) fills two big needs and we get our QB at 8 and another bite at the apple at 13 (Warmack, Austin, Eifert, Werner, Johnson, etc).

And create a huge hole at safety

would I trade Byrd to the Jets for the 13th pick?

I would if we get Milliner at 8, Jones at 13, and Barkley/Nassib at 41...

make that happen and you have yourself a deal :flirt:

As much as I would love to project Nassib at 41 and guarantee it - most of the talk is the Bills will need to take their QB at 8 (take your guy and don't look back)...if that is the case, would be nice to have another pick at 13 to make up for what will undoubtedly be considered a reach at 8.

While it's a nice thought, I have serious reservations that an organization that arguably traded their best player to another team for the 13th overall pick is not going to give that pick up (and to a division rival for that matter) for Byrd. This just smells of another "Madden game" trade and isn't rooted in much reasonable thought. The idea of San Francisco giving up 31 and 34 for the Bills at 8 isn't so far fetched. It makes sense from several perspectives. First, the 49ers still have a ton of talent on that team. They may perceive that they only need one difference maker to get back to the Superbowl. Second, from a pick value perspective, it makes sense. They could give those picks and maybe even another later pick or conditional pick next year. A trade here with the Jets just doesn't make sense.