Bills TE situation next year

I love our TE situation....I am a big fan of Mark Campbell and Timmy Euhus.........man Drew really missed them both after that Miami game.....Euhus was really becoming part of our offense his last few games....I expect big things out of him next year!!!! Any thoughts?

He is...but I dont think TE is that much of a priority, what with Campbell and Euhus hopefully continuing to develop.  Besides, I'd much rather see that money spent on O-Lineman in FA.

199376[/snapback]

TD has said they'll be addressing the TE situation in the offseason because both TEs had knee surgery & although the prognosis on both is good, they can't afford wait until next July if they don't both recover sufficiently. Euhus could be a great TE down the road but we need a #1 right now if we want to win it for Ralph in Detroit next year.

1. I also like the TEs. Look at how the Bills did w/o them.

2. There ain't crap for TEs in the entire draft that's an improvement over what is on the roster. I can tell everyone this several times and there are still calls for 'We need to draft a TE in the first!!' Umm. Anyone who's drafting a TE before the 4th round in April is going for position b/c they're desperate, rather than drafting according to talent.

3. Signing Free Agents is usually for areas where you need a stop-gap for the next one to three years. Franks is a prime example of this. The Bills sign him, and they can kiss away any chance of Euhus developing into an above average-to-good starter. The stats those players have had in the past do not immediately cross over w/o taking away from other players. Especially to an area that is less of a priority in this offense.

Edited by UConn James

1. I also like the TEs. Look at how the Bills did w/o them.

2. There ain't crap for TEs in the draft that's an improvement over what is on the roster.

3. Signing Free Agents is usually for areas where you need a stop-gap for the next one to three years. Franks is a prime example of this. The Bills sign him, and they can kiss away any chance of Euhus developing into an above average-to-good starter. The stats those players have had in the past do not immediately cross over w/o taking away from other players. Especially to an area that is less of a priority in this offense.

199428[/snapback]

UConn's ILB Alfred Fincher looked good last year.

What do you think?

UConn's ILB Alfred Fincher looked good last year.

What do you think?

199430[/snapback]

Yep.

Don't know if he'll be drafted. Depends on the Combine. But if not, he'll definitely be an UDFA who opens some eyes.

I was throwing some w/ a high school pal this past summer and he, the QB Orlovsky (slated for 2nd-3rd round) and another player were working on their footwork w/ ropeladders on the ground and cones. On a Sunday. After getting their butts kicked in practices all week. And in 90-degree weather. They're both in SCal right now doing some intense training. Can you say dedication?

Yep.

Don't know if he'll be drafted. Depends on the Combine. But if not, he'll definitely be an UDFA who opens some eyes.

I was throwing some w/ a high school pal this past summer and he, the QB Orlovsky (slated for 2nd-3rd round) and another player were working on their footwork w/ ropeladders on the ground and cones. On a Sunday. After getting their butts kicked in practices all week. And in 90-degree weather. They're both in SCal right now doing some intense training. Can you say dedication?

199438[/snapback]

I suspect Orslovsky will go mid 2nd. His reads are good. He could be a starter in a year or two, if he gains pro offense smarts.

I'm too a big fan of Euhus and Campbell. We have to hope that they recover from their surgeries to 100%. DB lost a true #3 receiver after that as Trafford and neufeld are not good receiver and no backup WR's were able to divert attention away from Lee Evans and Eric Moulds. I think that Euhus will develop into a good TE so i find that gettin a free agent TE will stunt his development.

I'm too a big fan of Euhus and Campbell. We have to hope that they recover from their surgeries to 100%. DB lost a true #3 receiver after that as Trafford and neufeld are not good receiver and no backup WR's were able to divert attention away from Lee Evans and Eric Moulds. I think that Euhus will develop into a good TE so i find that gettin a free agent TE will stunt his development.

199485[/snapback]

We really need to hope that they come through those injuries!!!! good point!

He is...but I dont think TE is that much of a priority, what with Campbell and Euhus hopefully continuing to develop.  Besides, I'd much rather see that money spent on O-Lineman in FA.

199376[/snapback]

I don't know how much we can expect of someone coming off an ACL. We're going to need some better depth there.

I don't know how much we can expect of someone coming off an ACL. We're going to need some better depth there.

203288[/snapback]

I think that you are rightto be concerned and unfortunately concern outweighs even a legitimate belief in Campbell or Euhus as players. I'm not saying that these two aren't the real deal as athletes, but one need only think about the conventional wisdom that it can take over a year for a player to truly recover to his old levels from an ACL tear and see that this was the case for athletes likes Edggerin James and WM and concern about whether we will have a hole to fill at TE is warranted.

How bad were the injuries to Campbell and Euhus. Amidst the playoff hubub once it was clear they were not going to play this year I didn't pay close attention to the severity of their injuries. I know there was some question as to how severe Euhus' injury was and I hope that adds up to his ACL injury being less severe and that he will take less than a year or more to heal. Campbell I believe was clearly done when he was hurt so who knows.

Though out friend ICE was pretty much wrong abou everything else involving the Bills he will be correct that TE is going to be a priority for this team (of course he made this proclamation prior to these injuries so his ending up correct was probably a coincidence but even a broken clock is right twice a day).

kiss away any chance of Euhus developing into an above average-to-good starter.

199428[/snapback]

It might take him that long to gain the size/strength he needs to play as an any down TE. His listing at 257 is one of those great smoke and mirrors NFL roster tricks. He blocks like he's 220.

My feeling is that we will pick up a FA Tight End as a stopgap until Euhus and Campbell are 100%. We may cut the FA if both Euhus and Campbell are ready to go by training camp.

Peters I think will be designated Super Special Teams player, arriving in a small orange bus each game.

A stop gap free agent tight end may be the answer. I too like Euhus and Campbell. I think when healthy they may be the answer, but I don't think the Bills can count on either of them, or at least not both of them being full speed come September.