Big Day for Rush fans...

Bump . . . Great day to be a Rush fan.

Yes it is! Induction is long overdue. Today is a great day for Rush and its fans everywhere. Thanks to Rush the Rock & Roll HOF has finally gained some credibility today. IMO Rush is the greatest band of all time with Led Zeppelin being a close second. Collectively Rush's level of musicianship is unmatched. Huge positive impact on my life with songs like Subdivisions, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, 2112, A Farewell To Kings, Working Man, Closer To The Heart, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, Natural Science, Malignant Narcissism, The Garden, and Headlong Flight just to name a few.

About time Rish got into the HOF great band. Their music is certainly standing the test of time.

The classic rock station in in ROC (WCMF) had a "March Bandness" tournament, and Rush beat Ozzy in the final this year. Prior winners were Led Zep & AC/DC.

The classic rock station in in ROC (WCMF) had a "March Bandness" tournament, and Rush beat Ozzy in the final this year. Prior winners were Led Zep & AC/DC.

Wow some tough choices there...

Rush and AC DC are my top two though very different music. AC DC is just hardcore rock. Rush has a thinking mans element in addition to great music..

Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins and Nick Raskulinecz don the kimonos for 2112. Awesome

Hawkins screws up at 2:49, but otherwise, this is really awesome!!!

Edited by Fig Newtons

Minutes after inducting Rush into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame late last night at L.A.'s Nokia Theatre, Dave Grohl stood outside his dressing room, still wearing the vintage white kimono he sported as the Foo Fighters nailed "Overture." "It's terrifying to play your favorite song in front of your favorite band," he said. "It's one thing to sit in the basement to sit in the basement and woodshed 2112, and it's another to stand in front of Rush in a !@#$ing kimono and a wig. Tonight was one of the most special nights of my life."

Grohl's biggest moment? "I met Neil Peart for the first time at rehearsal. This man was as influential to me as any religion. And he said, 'So nice to meet you, can I make you a coffee?' And he made me a coffee. Later on that night, I went to dinner and had a couple glasses of wine and I started !@#$ing crying, because my hero made me a coffee."

http://www.rollingst...9#ixzz2QvyF6o5g