Barney Frank Making The Boston Marathon Tragedy Political

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/barney-frank-no-tax-cut-would-have-helped-us-deal_717921.html

"I'm glad you raised that, because it gives me a chance to make a point I've felt strongly about," said Frank. "In this terrible situation, let's be very grateful that we had a well-funded, functioning government. It is very fashionable in America, and has been for some time to criticize government, belittle public employees, talk about their pensions, talk about what people think ... of [their] health care. Here we saw government in two ways perform very well. ... I never was as a member of Congress one of the cheerleaders for less government, lower taxes. No tax cut would have helped us deal with this or will help us recover. This is very expensive."

I'm surprised he didn't find a way to also include the virtues of Fannie & Freddie somehow in his comments on the tragedy in Boston yesterday.

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.weeklysta...eal_717921.html

"I'm glad you raised that, because it gives me a chance to make a point I've felt strongly about," said Frank. "In this terrible situation, let's be very grateful that we had a well-funded, functioning government. It is very fashionable in America, and has been for some time to criticize government, belittle public employees, talk about their pensions, talk about what people think ... of [their] health care. Here we saw government in two ways perform very well. ... I never was as a member of Congress one of the cheerleaders for less government, lower taxes. No tax cut would have helped us deal with this or will help us recover. This is very expensive."

I'm surprised he didn't find a way to also include the virtues of Fannie & Freddie somehow in his comments on the tragedy in Boston yesterday.

What a blathering "idiot" (sorry to use DC Tom's trademark term)...what in the name of all that is holy does a government pension and health care have to do with a red blooded American running in to save people. So this knucklehead assumes that the trauma surgeon who worked on 15 people all night was mumbling to himself during the operation "thank God for the government, thank God for government pensions". As Rahm Emanuel says, "never let a good disaster go to waste"...this is right out of the leftist playbook.

(ps - is it possible to modify the quote to reflect the phonetic pronunciation of words by Barney Frank in his Elmer Fudd voice..."government penthonths"

What a blathering "idiot" (sorry to use DC Tom's trademark term)...what in the name of all that is holy does a government pension and health care have to do with a red blooded American running in to save people. So this knucklehead assumes that the trauma surgeon who worked on 15 people all night was mumbling to himself during the operation "thank God for the government, thank God for government pensions". As Rahm Emanuel says, "never let a good disaster go to waste"...this is right out of the leftist playbook.

(ps - is it possible to modify the quote to reflect the phonetic pronunciation of words by Barney Frank in his Elmer Fudd voice..."government penthonths"

Unfortunately we don't have a "lisp" emoticon here. At least when Henry Waxman mouths off I can spell out "oink, oink".

We can do this all day:

http://www.weeklysta...day_717924.html

Oh, look...the president's right hand man believes it was caused because it was Tax Day. And who hates to pay taxes? Extreme right wing gun-toting abortion-hating grandma-killing baby-starving tea baggers.

Jones is a crackpot, but you should listen closer to the WH. Remember the good old days when "Bin Laden's dead, GM is alive and Al Quaeda is on the run?"

Those were some good times times.

Sometimes I think people in the media get paid every time they use the phrase, "We don't like to speculate, but..."

Michael Moore yesterday tweeted, "Patriots day, Tax day".

I'm no gynecologist but I know a c**t when i see one.

http://http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-10-absolute-worst-media-reactions-to-the-boston-marathon-bombings/#9

Edited by meazza

Here is a column on Bergen's ridiculous statement................................the theory is his "self interest"

ROGER SIMON:

Peter Bergen: Who’s a ‘Terrorism Expert’?

“ Why then did Bergen have so little impulse control? Well, he was on CNN, but I think it’s more than that. Bergen is the man who — shortly after the death of Osama bin Laden — stated that ‘Killing bin Laden is end of the War on Terror. We can just sort of announce that right now.’ Whoa. No wonder he favors domestic terrorism. How inconvenient it would be for him if it turned out some Wahhabis were still running around Boston blowing people up. . . .

Being an expert is foolish. No one knows anything. Wait for the facts.”

This is a most excellent post!! And by most excellent I mean how it does and excellent job pointing out how !@#$ed up your thought processes are when it comes to politics and government. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

I couldn't even believe someone could make such an absurd post. It is by far, one of the dumbest things I have ever read on PPP.

I couldn't even believe someone could make such an absurd post. It is by far, one of the dumbest things I have ever read on PPP.

Well I wouldn't go that far it was just an very dumb comparison. It would almost be as bad as me comparing my cooking to any of yours......almost.

I'm pretty sure he's joking.

PTR's tends towards pants-wettingly emotional. But he usually doesn't go full-goose stupid.