mini- drones: the next weapon-ownership debate?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is citizen drone regulation not a legitimate question? In the face of emerging technology its a question that will increasingly need to be addressed. In the case of drones its not just weapons its also a surveillance/privacy matter.

So basically you want to ban remote control cars.

/golfclap

Your proposal is status quo/do nothing?

Don't you get tired of justifying more laws and regulations because of "the status quo?" The last time I heard the word "status quo" we ended up with the single most embarrassing and useless legislation every shoved down a country's throat by all Democrat congress that didn't even both to read, let alone understand, just how bad the law would be.

Doing something so you don't do nothing is a ridiculous reason to do something.

The last time I heard the word "status quo" we ended up with the single most embarrassing and useless legislation every shoved down a country's throat by all Democrat congress that didn't even both to read, let alone understand, just how bad the law would be.

Can you be more specific?

Can you be more specific?

This is where I normally do the line of emoticons that starts with a laughing guy, then a smiling guy, then a confused guy and then a crying guy. But I sold my emoticon quota to OC for a Padron 1964 Series Exclusivo Maduro and a box of HoHos.

Don't you get tired of justifying more laws and regulations because of "the status quo?" The last time I heard the word "status quo" we ended up with the single most embarrassing and useless legislation every shoved down a country's throat by all Democrat congress that didn't even both to read, let alone understand, just how bad the law would be.

Doing something so you don't do nothing is a ridiculous reason to do something.

But he's a self proclaimed libertarian. Aren't they for more regulations and laws?

Your proposal is status quo/do nothing?

So in your tiny mind that is your conclusion. I ask to hear someone's proposal and you conclude that I say we do nothing?? Once again I live in the hills above Oakland, one of the most gun violent cities in America. My wife rides her scooter though the war zone to and from BART every day. She could very easily get hit in the cross fire of some gang related shooting. This is were the true problem with guns lie. Not some white suburban school that gets shot up every few years. So I ask how are background checks and limiting the number of bullets one can buy going to change ANY of that? Yeah that's right. I't WON'T!!

This is where I normally do the line of emoticons that starts with a laughing guy, then a smiling guy, then a confused guy and then a crying guy. But I sold my emoticon quota to OC for a Padron 1964 Series Exclusivo Maduro and a box of HoHos.

So you sold your emoticon quota not for an asset that depreciates but one that literally disappears?? :wallbash:

Edited by Chef Jim

So in your tiny mind that is your conclusion. I ask to hear someone's proposal and you conclude that I say we do nothing?? Once again I live in the hills above Oakland, one of the most gun violent cities in America. My wife rides her scooter though the war zone to and from BART every day. She could very easily get hit in the cross fire of some gang related shooting. This is were the true problem with guns lie. Not some white suburban school that gets shot up every few years. So I ask how are background checks and limiting the number of bullets one can buy going to change ANY of that? Yeah that's right. I't WON'T!!

May I suggest a bullet proof scooter?

A BA-64? That hardly qualifies as bulletproof.

I just google imaged Bulletproof car and this came up.

Nope, you've never been to Fruitvale and International Blvd in Oakland I take it.

Maybe one day :D