RIP Lumpy Rutherford

Notice how they are explaining in the article how he was a harmless bully???

"...the bad real-life consequences of bullying were never addressed on “Beaver.”"

What's worse, they never even ACKNOWLEDGED cyber-bullying, the insensitive bastards.

"...the bad real-life consequences of bullying were never addressed on “Beaver.”"

What's worse, they never even ACKNOWLEDGED cyber-bullying, the insensitive bastards.

Yeah really. Did the person who wrote this article ever watch "Leave It To Beaver"?

The show dealt with real-life bullying plenty of times.

they just replayed that on stern show shuffle...really seemed like a very nice and very level headed guy...pretty cool to listen to him...

The Howard Stern Show recently replayed an interview he did in 2002 after his book came out. He claimed to have a genius IQ and to have bagged a lot of girls off of his Beaver fame. Made a lot of money in the stock market.

Seemed like a nice guy.

RIP

The real bully was his dad. I used to hate that guy. he was no ward cleaver.

Yeah, Richard Deacon who played Fred Rutherford was a real jerk of a dad.

He was not at all like Mel Cooley, the character he played on "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

according to the howard stern interview, he was one of the nicest guys...i loved both characters...

Yeah, Richard Deacon who played Fred Rutherford was a real jerk of a dad.

He was not at all like Mel Cooley, the character he played on "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

according to the howard stern interview, he was one of the nicest guys...i loved both characters...

I have heard the same stories about Deacon.

I also read that he was very saddened when "The Dick Van Dyke Show" ended, as he loved working with everyone on that show.