3 For 3

Hey Bills fans first time poster long time reader here at TBD .

With looking at the needs we have at One Bills Drive & the players available in this years draft i tried to think of a scenario of picks with in the first 3 rounds that would make us satisfied with this draft .

This year the experts say the QB position isn't all that great, the WR position is very deep, & O line, D line prospects are the creme of the draft, but i personally don't see (given Buddies past of plugging in good O line personal) the O line being a consideration in the 1st round & D line per say i think we are pretty good.

But we are in need of a play makers at LB , WR & of coarse QB, of which i will give 3 picks per round for the first 3 rounds that you all can chew up & spit out as you all usually do, as from my experiences here has proven from what i have read here in the past .

Here is the layout in order by round of who i think given the parameters that i laid out above ...

Round 1 - J. Jones -- A. Ogaltree -- D. Jordon - would be my first round pick depending on which were past over & or there at our pick. The only thing i wouldn't be sure of is who i would pick if all were there at our pick, which i don't see happening.

Round 2 - J. Hunter -- D. Hopkins -- D. Rodgers - I can see any of these 3 being a upgrade (along with some others) as well as a complimentary player to SJ, not to mention taking some pressure off of SJ to be even more productive .

Round 3 - E.J. Manuel -- T Bray -- R Nassib - I don't invision Manuel falling this far, Nassib um maybe ? & i think some one may take a chance earlier than this on Bray due to his arm but i think either of these 3 in this round would be a really good pick for need verses value given what the so called experts say ..

After these 3 rounds it's a crap shoot .

Do you all think that given any of the players picked (if they are there) in these rounds at our picks, that you would be satisfied with these picks ?

Well in closing I know i'm no football guru, but like all of us fans i have my opinion & now you all know it as well & i'm putting it out there for you all to critique. Alls i ask is be gentle this is my first time break me in gently ...

Welcome to the board and posting.

I would not mind your theory or choice in the first two selections although they may not be my first choices.

IMO, there is not a chance in hell that Manuel or Nassib is available in round three. I would bet that neither is available at #41 in round two.

Welcome, BSN!

We might be set for LB after today.

The Bills are working out another LB today, so that means Lawson, Dowtin, and now Chavis Williams would be Bills.

None of them is an elite pass-rusher, but remember that Mario Williams and Anderson might be rushbackers as well.

#Bills working out former #Ravens LB Chavis Williams on Tuesday, per @drocksthaparty of @nomorelinks. #BillsMafia http://instagram.com/p/YFm3RnEF1j/

Edited by Astrobot

Welcome, man. I'd be real happy if it fell this way. I agree with Jboy though, I'm pretty sure EJ will be gone by then. It "might" work better switching your #2 and #3 picks ? Then, you might still have a shot at EJ. If we got EJ in the third I'd be dancin in the streets !!

Welcome, BSN!

The Bills are working out another LB today, so that means Lawson, Dowtin, and now Chavis Williams would be Bills.

None of them is an elite pass-rusher, but remember that Mario Williams and Anderson might be rushbackers as well.

#Bills working out former #Ravens LB Chavis Williams on Tuesday, per @drocksthaparty of @nomorelinks. #BillsMafia http://instagram.com/p/YFm3RnEF1j/

Hey Bot,

What can you tell us about Chavis? Depth or serious playing time?

Hey Bot,

What can you tell us about Chavis? Depth or serious playing time?

Camp fodder with slight chance to make roster I think. Barely started in college, although it was Alabama, who was loaded on D. 6'3" 240, good measurables.

UDFA who was on Ravens practice squad. Maybe played a couple games on special teams.

I think your priorities are right, but it just might not fit this draft. The good thing about the Bills having so many positions of need is they could pick any of 6 positions in the 1st three rounds and look to fill a need. More than ever, they need to take the best player available. Even if he is a Guard, CB or S. I know they MUST get a franchise QB, but if he's not there this year....don't pick another Kyle Boller or Akili Smith.

Camp fodder with slight chance to make roster I think. Barely started in college, although it was Alabama, who was loaded on D. 6'3" 240, good measurables.

UDFA who was on Ravens practice squad. Maybe played a couple games on special teams.

Thanks, sounds like our last LB signing. A signal they feel set at LB? I'm not feeling it with what I see on paper.

Thanks, sounds like our last LB signing. A signal they feel set at LB? I'm not feeling it with what I see on paper.

I see the first guy Marcus Dowtin as likely making the team although as a reserve. I don't at all think they feel set at LB. A guy like Dowtim, who played in a few games in this defense with the DC allows them to not HAVE to fill one spot on their linebacker corp with a top three round pick, but it does little to make them feel they are set there.

Welcome, BSN!

Nice job by Damond.

I tried posting his one-round mock draft at NFL Draft Zone which has the Bills trading down twice and picking up two additional 2nds and two additional 5ths but I got this message:

You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to

I see the first guy Marcus Dowtin as likely making the team although as a reserve. I don't at all think they feel set at LB. A guy like Dowtim, who played in a few games in this defense with the DC allows them to not HAVE to fill one spot on their linebacker corp with a top three round pick, but it does little to make them feel they are set there.

At the prospect of seeing another season of teams pounding us for 200 + yards rushing a game -- I sure hope you are right.

four seasons at Alabama, making 17 tackles.

late training camp cut with Ravens, later brought back in March 2011

More than ever, they need to take the best player available. Even if he is a Guard, CB or S.

If our choice at 8 includes Geno Smith, take Geno Smith.

If Geno Smith is gone, trade back, even if it includes a 2014 pick.

To get Vaccaro (assuming Cleveland doesn't take him at 6),we need to trade back to 14, right before NO and St.L pick, as they've both voiced interest in Vaccaro in RD1. Carolina, at 14, has no RD2 pick, so we trade spots with TBay at 13 for their RD3-#73.

1 13 Buffalo Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

2 41 Buffalo Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

3 71 Buffalo Corey Lemonier OLB34 Auburn

3 73 Buffalo Tavarres King WRF Georgia

4 105 Buffalo Will Davis CB Utah State

5 143 Buffalo Kenny Stills WRF Oklahoma

6 6 177 Buffalo Matt Furstenburg TE Maryland

1.Ziggy Ansah , Lane Johnson , Star Lotulelei

If Ziggy Ansah then Larry Warford , Justin Hunter, Ryan Nassib

If Lane Johnson then Margus Hunt, Tank Carradine, Justin Hunter

if Star Lotulelei then Margus Hunt, Tank Carradine, Justin Hunter

3. Cornelius Washington LB/DE, Barrett Jones OG/OC, Justin Pugh OG

Welcome to the board and posting.

I would not mind your theory or choice in the first two selections although they may not be my first choices.

IMO, there is not a chance in hell that Manuel or Nassib is available in round three. I would bet that neither is available at #41 in round two.

agreed - if we want QB we'll have to take him at 8, or trade back up/down into the first round. There's just too many teams that could upgrade QB ahead of us in round 2, and even some at the bottom of round 1.

To get Vaccaro (assuming Cleveland doesn't take him at 6),we need to trade back to 14, right before NO and St.L pick, as they've both voiced interest in Vaccaro in RD1. Carolina, at 14, has no RD2 pick, so we trade spots with TBay at 13 for their RD3-#73.

I'd be fine with this draft. Wilson is growing on me a lot the more I read, and I was pretty high on him to begin with. If we're trying to get a starter at QB this year, I'd be okay with Geno, Barkley, Manuel, Nassib, or Wilson. I'm pretty comfortable that we get one of these guys.

On another note - I've been saying since Xmas that Barkley is my top choice in this draft at QB. That still holds true, but I've been very down on Geno Smith. I don't know why, other than there's something about him that seems system-ish. Anyway, after Astro posted that DesignQB thread with the charts, I started looking more closely at Geno Smith, and I've got to say, his stats are impressive. So - if ASTROBOT happens to read this, or anyone else who knows a bit on Smith, is Smith's excellent production a product of a system? I tried to research this but I couldn't really come up with any articles addressing this particularly. I'd appreciate the feedback, because if the system is not totally responsible for his stats, you've got to really credit him with some amazing play - and the fact that his team lost games in which he was putting up 35+ points a game does not necessarily reflect poorly on him.

agreed - if we want QB we'll have to take him at 8, or trade back up/down into the first round. There's just too many teams that could upgrade QB ahead of us in round 2, and even some at the bottom of round 1.

I'd be fine with this draft. Wilson is growing on me a lot the more I read, and I was pretty high on him to begin with. If we're trying to get a starter at QB this year, I'd be okay with Geno, Barkley, Manuel, Nassib, or Wilson. I'm pretty comfortable that we get one of these guys.

On another note - I've been saying since Xmas that Barkley is my top choice in this draft at QB. That still holds true, but I've been very down on Geno Smith. I don't know why, other than there's something about him that seems system-ish. Anyway, after Astro posted that DesignQB thread with the charts, I started looking more closely at Geno Smith, and I've got to say, his stats are impressive. So - if ASTROBOT happens to read this, or anyone else who knows a bit on Smith, is Smith's excellent production a product of a system? I tried to research this but I couldn't really come up with any articles addressing this particularly. I'd appreciate the feedback, because if the system is not totally responsible for his stats, you've got to really credit him with some amazing play - and the fact that his team lost games in which he was putting up 35+ points a game does not necessarily reflect poorly on him.

As far as stats go, I think that Geno's WRs got more YAC than any team's. And he threw an inordinate amount of screens, which led to his high percentage. On the surface, because of Austin's and Bailey's obviously talents and where they will be drafted, perhaps his stats are skewed. And maybe dramatically skewed. Sometimes of course, a very accurate passer who hits his guys perfectly on the run can make those numbers jump. I think it's probably a little of both but perhaps more about his WRs.

Think of what, for example, Glennon or Nassib could have done with Austin and Bailey, or what Geno might have done on Syracuse or NCS.

As far as stats go, I think that Geno's WRs got more YAC than any team's. And he threw an inordinate amount of screens, which led to his high percentage. On the surface, because of Austin's and Bailey's obviously talents and where they will be drafted, perhaps his stats are skewed. And maybe dramatically skewed. Sometimes of course, a very accurate passer who hits his guys perfectly on the run can make those numbers jump. I think it's probably a little of both but perhaps more about his WRs.

Think of what, for example, Glennon or Nassib could have done with Austin and Bailey, or what Geno might have done on Syracuse or NCS.

Yeah - it's the uncertainty of Geno that makes it hard for me to root for the Bills picking him. I'm certan Barkley will be good, especially in the Bills system. Likewise, Nassib no doubt would be fine, as he's already had success in this system. I like Wilson's mechanics, his production (despite losing all his recievers AND a bad O-Line), and Manuel just reminds me a lot of Cam Newton, has intelligence, and his skill set is just undeniable. This is why I leave it to the pros - if the Bills like Geno and draft him I'll trust that he'll work fine in their system; after all, Marrone should know Smith very well after having played against him, scouted him, for years.

I actually think the Bills are going to avoid drafting a QB in the first three rounds but go heavy on offense. I would like to see WR and TE be the Bills first two picks then draft a OL round 3. Not that Kolb/Jackson is at all a good QB combo but I think that this QB class is so bad that the Bills want no part of it and that they would rather get targets for a QB this year so that next year when they draft a QB he has good tools to work with.

One of your best drafts.....