Pre-game shows

My personal feeling towards pregame shows has changed. It may be due to my age (48), which seems to lead to other duties, interest, etc. But I only start watching televised games anymore at kick-off. Just out of general interest, who watches/doesn't watch pregame shows and I would be interested in general comments.

Thanks.

I used to watch the pre-game shows rather religiously, but in addition to age and responsibilities getting in the way of that extra hour, there really isn't anything of value as far as I'm concerned.

People can pick who they want to win, but more often than not they're just guessing. They may do an occasional story or two about some guy's battle over adversity, but they're all the same after all these years. I've already read any backstory to any game of interest online or in the paper. They've truly become nothing more than talking heads.

Frankly, pre-game shows haven't been the same since I was a kid watching Brett Munsberger, Jimmy The Greek and Phyllis George (who still looks pretty hot even today.)

I used to watch the pre-game shows rather religiously, but in addition to age and responsibilities getting in the way of that extra hour, there really isn't anything of value as far as I'm concerned.

People can pick who they want to win, but more often than not they're just guessing. They may do an occasional story or two about some guy's battle over adversity, but they're all the same after all these years. I've already read any backstory to any game of interest online or in the paper. They've truly become nothing more than talking heads.

Frankly, pre-game shows haven't been the same since I was a kid watching Brett Munsberger, Jimmy The Greek and Phyllis George (who still looks pretty hot even today.)

199164[/snapback]

Wow... sure does.

I can't stand the back slapping, trying to be TOO funny and SHOUTING over each other that goes on each and every week. CBS, FOX & ESPN are all guilty of this. How anyone can watch Bradshaw for more than 10 seconds without wanting to throw a brick through their TV is beyond me.

PS Thank god they tossed Stuart Scott off primetime a couple of years back. He is just brutal!