Tiger Woods ''penalty''

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can "Withdraw" himself, but "DQ" is a determination made by officials.

Quit picking nits. He could have withdrawn and said it was because of a rules violation. Commentators were using that exact term "DQ himself" if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me. (not advocating that Woods should have gone this route)

Quit picking nits. He could have withdrawn and said it was because of a rules violation. Commentators were using that exact term "DQ himself" if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me. (not advocating that Woods should have gone this route)

if its found that he actually ended up mistakenly in the same spot with his drop, and he signed off on the penalty, I hope he DQs himself. you know, integrity and all.

• 3 weeks later...

The person that turned him in is also a pro golfer and former tournament director...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/guy-told-tiger-woods-masters-champions-tour-player-163031201.html

David Eger, a 61-year-old Champions Tour player who has won four times in his career on the over-50 tour, was the man that rang a tournament official he knew working for the Masters to tell of the illegal drop he thought Woods took.

The funny thing about Eger is he isn't just a great golfer, but a former tournament director. He worked for the PGA Tour and the USGA and according to SI is "one of the most experienced tournament officials in U.S. golf and an expert on the rules."

I never understood that part............I've heard somebody called in, but I also heard that it was when Tiger said in the post round interview that he moved back a few feet is when they first realized he made an illegal drop??