Man traces stolen laptop to Iran, blogs photos of new owners

Dom Deltorto lives in London. In early February, he says, someone broke into his flat and made off with his MacBook Pro and his iPad.

Deltorto was prepared for just such an incident. He had installed Hidden App on his laptop, a program that tracks the laptop's location and sends back images of the thief. However, Hidden App still needs to be connected to the Internet to work. After more than a month of radio silence, Deltorto reports that his MacBook suddenly came online, but it wasn't in a place where he could just call the London police and have them recover it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57579119-1/man-traces-stolen-laptop-to-iran-blogs-photos-of-new-owners/

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

turns out the girl in the story is an innocent participant and the owner has apologized for associating her with the crime and has been in touch with the person and gave her the laptop as an apology

That's all very interesting, but the important question that still needs to be answered is wouldya?

Same thing happened to me in 2011. My laptop was stolen and I started getting these video streams (pic attached). I haven't reported it to the authorities yet. I've been able to monitor all of this thief's actions each day at 7:15am and again at 10:45pm when she goes to bed. I'm really broken up about it.

tumblr_m2fqvieLtv1r7m6xao1_500.jpg

Same thing happened to me in 2011. My laptop was stolen and I started getting these video streams (pic attached). I haven't reported it to the authorities yet. I've been able to monitor all of this thief's actions each day at 7:15am and again at 10:45pm when she goes to bed. I'm really broken up about it.

tumblr_m2fqvieLtv1r7m6xao1_500.jpg

I'll make sure I bring your laptop back. Those photos are embarrassing...

That's all very interesting, but the important question that still needs to be answered is wouldya?

so ummmm, everyones scared of a little Iranian would ya? She's definetly no Kate Upton but the answer is yes.

check out this link.http://www.dailydot....den-app-spying/..seems like pictures everywhere of this lady are being blurred with the new twist that the original laptop owner feels bad for posting her pictures now.

has a few unblurred photos.....and some great quotes.

"she apparently likes to wear bibs on her head"

Edited by Ryan L Billz

With my luck, if I decided to try and have a laptop stolen to see what type of person would it end up with, I'd get pictures like this....

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/a38/379/a38379b7-306b-4f16-905e-8d4643670a6c