Oh Noes! The Internet is here! with a warning for liberals.

Your warning: Keep it up...and see what happens.

How many times have I said "there are already systems in place today that can make any internet taxation schema instantly irrelevant, most of them just need to be re-tasked/configured?

How many times have I said "people are just screwing around with these ideas, but if (insert dopey, newly elected Democrat here. Spitzer for example...remember that 2 day whimsy? :lol:) goes ahead with their plan, they will create an instant investment market and these ideas will go from experimental to deployed...overnight?

Well? Here you go, from my predictions(not really as they were actually inevitable) to your reality:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-05/bitcoin-really-is-an-existential-threat-to-the-modern-liberal-state.html

Now even Bloomberg knows about this, which is hysterical, because if there ever was a goup of finance ludites...they just come right out and say "liberal state". Yes, liberals, this means you. :lol:

However, apparently Bloomberg, given the hysterical tone of this article, doesn't understand the inherent flaws in Bitcoin, the software(don't bore me with "but it's open source" as that has no bearing on a: currency). Here's a well written, but overbearing, article that dances on the periphery of issue http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/10/why-bitcoin-is-a-bubble.html, but completely misses the point of Bitcoin, the idea.

First: The wirter is guilty of "point in time" thinking. Yes, at this point in time, some of what she says is true. However, OVER time, and especially if government spending continues as is/and or the Elliot Spitzers get their way, then the line between what is worth doing, and what isn't, will move, and Bitcoin will easily be put on the right side of it.

Internet Banking failed miserably...once, in late 80s/early 90s...too. How many here use it today? How many realize that the reason they use it today is: the idea was always sound, it was simply a matter of finding and applying the right technology? Apparently the writer doesn't realize that ALL of her objections are merely: change requests, to people like me. Apparently she also doesn't realize that her chief complaint: lack of a central exchange, is merely...a feature request.

Worst of all: she doesn't understand the technologies involved. P2p is anything but "centralized". :lol: She assumes there is only one approach to the requirements, i.e. "central bank", because she's looking at it from "what she knows/what we do today" perspective. Again, because she can't conceive of something, doesn't mean it can't be done, or doesn't exist.

I've just gone to get a drink, and come back....in that time, I've thought of 2 ways to solve her "death of Bitcoin" problem.

In all cases, Bitcoin, and all the rest of the ideas + some of my own ideas, are out there, liberals, waiting for you to push. Because, when you do, I guarantee you: you will be pushed back, twice as hard. This is your warning. Fail to heed it at your own peril.

And now the price of bitcoins have dropped 80%....

http://smallbusiness...2--finance.html

Yes, as I said, Bitcoin, the software, is one thing. Bitcoin, the idea, is a whole other thing.

As an IT guy, you know that a requirement is not the same thing as a design approach. Software projects may fail, but requirements persist and...change. As an IT guy, you also know: if the requirements are pressing enough, no small amount of stupidity will be funded and supported, by the highest levels, in an attempt to address them. :lol: The hope is that enough smart also gets supported, to cancel out the stupid, and actually get the job done.

It's all dependent on either the requirements posing a real threat/opportunity, or, more likely, how the threat/opportunity they present is perceived. In this case, the more stupid we get from liberals, the more likely Bitcoin, its evolution, or something else entirely, are to be supported. As I said, there is plenty of stupid with Bitcoin, but the question is: how much smart is there?

If liberals keep giving cause, they will get: effect. Of course, I don't expect them to understand any of this, because liberals think we live in a zero sum world, where there's no such thing as creating wealth, only taking it from somebody else. I expect them to heavily tweet this, btw, and do it from an Ipad. :lol: I also expect the irony of the last 2 sentences to be completely lost on them.

Thus, if and when these new architectures become established, the liberals will howl "look at what the libertarians did to us! :cry: Now we can barely tax anybody but our own constituencies!". :lol: That will be a hilarious day: when the only people who can be forced to pay most taxes are: the public sector.

Don't encourage him, please. He's already more arrogant than I am, but with far less justification.

Acctually, I was never an access developer, :lol: loser :lol: and I guarantee you I've done bigger systems, for more money, with larger scopes and more users than you have...by a lot.

So as far as justification goes? You aren't even close to me, pal. Get a grip. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Acctually, I was never an access developer, :lol: loser :lol: and I guarantee you I've done bigger systems, for more money, with larger scopes and more users than you have...by a lot.

So as far as justification goes? You aren't even close to me, pal. Get a grip. :lol:

Why do I picture you staring into a snow globe while your parents ask "What's he thinking about?"

Somehow I can't get the thought out of my head of seeing DC & OC duking it out to be the poster boy for the geek convention.

Sorry if you're jealous. But this is the computer geek division (actually, it's OC trying to move up from the computer geek division into the MENSA division...and failing miserably).

You're looking for the D&D division...that's the next board over.

Sorry if you're jealous. But this is the computer geek division (actually, it's OC trying to move up from the computer geek division into the MENSA division...and failing miserably).

Is that MENSA division the one that keeps trying to climb the ladder to get up here to the balcony and we keep tipping it over when they get about 1/2 way up? Every time I remind them about the Lucy and the football story they keep saying "who's Lucy, and what is a football"?

Is that MENSA division the one that keeps trying to climb the ladder to get up here to the balcony and we keep tipping it over when they get about 1/2 way up? Every time I remind them about the Lucy and the football story they keep saying "who's Lucy, and what is a football"?

No, we're the one's who push the door that says "pull to open".

Why do I picture you staring into a snow globe while your parents ask "What's he thinking about?"

Actually, it's more like "He's either thinking of the next prank he's going to pull on us, or, something much, much darker, so...let's distract him with legos". :lol:

It worked...mostly.

Move up? :lol: I've been trapped in the Mensa division for quite some time now, as in my whole life. And yes, I was the captain of the Knowlege Master team. 14th in the entire country, bitches. However, Mensa life hasn't been all hot chicks and the champagne room. There's even some residual bitterness: my prior highschool was 12th...and I still really haven't gotten over it. I can just picture this kid Justin's face, having seen our results and laughing at me for losing to him. I've considered talking to somebody about it, but then, who can really understand an astronomic failure like that?

I think maybe only you, DC_Tom, could understand and help me.

But...never been to the Mensa events though, because I'm not a nerd, and,

No, we're the one's who push the door that says "pull to open".

being forced to laugh at things like the above is exactly why. Yeah, that's what I want: hanging out for two hours in a montage? collage? of Far Side and Dilbert humor. :rolleyes: I have to be smart during the day, so I'd rather balance that out by being a complete dolt, wiseass, and debauched looney at night.

Since I've been around the Mensa crowd my whole life, I know that my proclivities don't go over that well with them.