TKO on the market

Takeo's a free agent I believe, released by Chargers this spring. So let's grab a proven defensive leader and role model, with a great history in Buffalo. He's not ridiculously old, and he can't be worse than last year.

Damn, the offseason sucks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

He is done. Great guy, would probably make on heck of a LB coach in college then the pro's one day. But he needs to hang them up.

I would rather have a young LB like Bradham with potential then out of position because he is learning. Spikes just cant get to where he needs to be anymore.

a 36 year old LB? I love Spikes but we could get similar production out of a rookie me thinks

Maybe we could, yeah. But we don't have unlimited draft picks. Better off stop gapping a few holes instead of leaving half of them unfilled when the draft is over.

No.

He is done. Great guy, would probably make on heck of a LB coach in college then the pro's one day. But he needs to hang them up.

I would rather have a young LB like Bradham with potential then out of position because he is learning. Spikes just cant get to where he needs to be anymore.

Well there you have it. Professional advise from the basement of mommie's place. Mods, kill the thread. We have our answer. God bless anyone that makes a suggestion for a player on this silly site.

Hey atbiullsfan...tell Takeo he is done. To his face. See how that works out for ya.

Takeo's a free agent I believe, released by Chargers this spring. So let's grab a proven defensive leader and role model, with a great history in Buffalo. He's not ridiculously old, and he can't be worse than last year.

Damn, the offseason sucks.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/156246-tko-on-the-market/#entry2744454

Well there you have it. Professional advise from the basement of mommie's place. Mods, kill the thread. We have our answer. God bless anyone that makes a suggestion for a player on this silly site.

Hey atbiullsfan...tell Takeo he is done. To his face. See how that works out for ya.

ATL is doing nothing more than you here. Stating his opinion. And at 35+ years old, his opinion is more correct about a football player being done.

As it happens, I used to love TKO, but I would absolutely tell him to his face if I were ever face to face with him. In fact, pretty much every team in the NFL has done the same right now considering he's unemployed.

Edited by mrags

Whether i like him or not , i dont think we need a vet at linebacker right now. Maybe corner maybe safety. But we need fresh meat who is willing to sacrifice his body and he needs to play the inside postions

Bradham and Lawson have the outside covered. it's the 3-4 and Sheppard situation.

BOL to Takeo. another player we maybe should have kept.

atbills fan has a reasonable respectful point JB

Edited by 3rdand12

Spikes is one of my all-time favorite Bills. His passion and intensity were awesome to watch when he was here. The 31-0 beatdown of the Pats with TKO leading the way will always be my favorite game of the 2000's (not saying much there..lol)

That aside, no. A huge hell no. He would be a waste here. This team doesn't need him. We need to find our own leaders and young playmakers.

Besides, at this point in his career, why would he choose to sign with a team that is a long-shot to make the playoffs?

Spikes is one of my all-time favorite Bills. His passion and intensity were awesome to watch when he was here. The 31-0 beatdown of the Pats with TKO leading the way will always be my favorite game of the 2000's (not saying much there..lol)

That aside, no. A huge hell no. He would be a waste here. This team doesn't need him. We need to find our own leaders and young playmakers.

Besides, at this point in his career, why would he choose to sign with a team that is a long-shot to make the playoffs?

To find a job?

And we need more decent linebackers, if this defense is as bad as last year, people will revolt. We know we aren't getting the next Ray Lewis if we sign TKO, but he's probably better than any LB on the roster, and it would free up a draft pick so we can waste it somewhere else.

Because, let's be realistic, we're getting 1 good player out of this draft, max.

I don't think it's strictly a matter of playing ability that Spikes is unemployed.

Based purely on playing ability I think he'd still be an asset to some teams.

But the veteran minimum for a 16-year veteran is about $1 million per year.

His signing would only make sense for a team that:

1) Needs help at ILB

2) Is not rebuilding (why would you rebuild with a 16-year vet?)

3) Has ample cap space

Essentially the market for Spikes are possible Super Bowl contenders with ample cap space and a need for an ILB. That's a very small market when you consider the alternatives.

For instance, the Ravens just signed Rolando McClain to a non-guaranteed one-year, $700,000 contract.

Playing ability aside, Spikes is simply not a fit for the vast majority of NFL clubs.

But it's not just because he's "washed up" as a player.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

my 'mommie's place' does not have a basement.

I also would like to state i think Spikes is a very classy, hard nosed guy, who brought it every play.

But to loosely quote a movie ' everyone gets told at some point they can't play the game anymore...it may happen at 18 or 40, but everyone gets told it'.

I agree with SJBF to some degree. What Spikes must get paid is tough to pay him. He could land with a team after injuries happen in training camp.

I wonder if he does not get signed and he does retire if some team will do the 'sign him for a day' thing?

Who would it be?

Cincy?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

atbills fan has a reasonable respectful point JB

He absolutely does. No argument there. Frankly he's probably right too....given the current state of our franchise. I will apologize for calling him out on his statement. But man, I just get so annoyed here on this site (not with him), but the masses here that say "no" "pass" "etc" and all that crap when someone suggests a player.

I have no choice but to trust the FO at this point. I'm as an avid a Bills Fan as any one out there. Rightly or wrongly I hold out hope each and every year. I just hate it when an innocent fan makes a suggestion and the same people jump all over their sh*t. And they know no more than any of the rest of us.

I'm good, and I'll shut up....and won't reply to the 300 quotes of this message. Thanx.

jb

I love conversation about my beloved Bills as much as the next guy but man, most of what i read here is hard to take.