Typical Marty Playoff Game

Tom

Marty the Coward got too conservative last night then stepped onto the field to help the jests score. :lol:

Also Marty this just in: 40-yd FG's are not gimme's, especially for rookie Kickers! <_<:unsure:

You suck Marty, you really SUCK! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I agree. Schottenheimer is predictably conservative in a situation like that. The Jets were waiting for the Chargers to run instead of taking a few shots at the end zone or a first down. I think TMQ would call Marty's call a "mincing fraidy-cat failure to seize the day".

I didn't have a problem with it...

Maybe go for the endzone if you're inside the 20, but at the 25-30 a sack/hold takes you out of FG range, and that kicker - rookie or not - had supposedly been money from that range all year.

Also, Tomlinson is a stud who averaged over 5 YPC facing 8-9 guys in the box all of last year, so, it wasn't a given that weren't going to pick up another 1st down on the ground.

I have to give the Jets credit in this one. I thought their defense was somke&mirrors for most of the season, but they appear to be for real. After rooting against them this week, I will be pulling for them in Pittsburgh next week (which is probably bad news for them).

Marty the Coward got too conservative last night then stepped onto the field to help the jests score. :D

Also Marty this just in: 40-yd FG's are not gimme's, especially for rookie Kickers!  :)  :D

You suck Marty, you really SUCK! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

199091[/snapback]

That's why a lot of us here were just hoping for a shot at San

Diego. I had to laugh when Marty was counting the special teamers after they gave the Jets a first down late in the game with too many players on the punt. Unbelievable choking going on there.

What tops that though is that the Jets were choking too. Twice with 10 players on the field on defense? TWICE! Herman fighting with Bishop Harris on the sideline? Barton committing that heinous roughing penalty....wtf was that? There aren't words to express how stupid that was. It was a pathetic performance by both teams, but it had that "car wreck" watchability. Doug Brien was awful.

The decision basically came down to the Jets defense being good and the Chargers defense being exposed as overachievers. Wade's defense looked physically overmatched and the choice to allow Pennington to work the middle of the field and not making him work the deep sideline was a tactical error you wouldn't expect.

In the aftermath, I enjoyed Chad Pennington announcing that the Jets had accomplished a tremendous thing by winning a playoff game on the road. If I were a Jets fan, I would be disgusted with that attitude from a veteran QB. The goal is to win it all, not to win a poorly played wildcard playoff game on the road.

Marty the Coward got too conservative last night then stepped onto the field to help the jests score. :D

Also Marty this just in: 40-yd FG's are not gimme's, especially for rookie Kickers!  :)  :D

You suck Marty, you really SUCK! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

199091[/snapback]

Way to go Marty...you pocket your Coach of the Year award for another impressive regular season, yet you completely wuss out in the playoffs...AGAIN.

What absolutely HORRIBLE play calling on the missed FG drive. Dope.

In the aftermath,  I enjoyed Chad Pennington announcing that the Jets had accomplished a tremendous thing by winning a playoff game on the road.  If I were a Jets fan, I would be disgusted with that attitude from a veteran QB.  The goal is to win it all, not to win a poorly played wildcard playoff game on the road.

199194[/snapback]

Oh...hadn't you heard? The Jets fans now believe that nothing stands in their way from getting to the Super Bowl, where they will have an easy time of an obviously inferior NFC team.

:) It's going to be a long week listening/reading/seeing the NY press.