[closed]NFL.Com Predicts Gilmore will make the probowl this coming yea

MClem06

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158901/article/five-future-pro-bowlers-from-the-2012-nfl-draft

Impressive write up about how solid his play was last year. 11 yards to Fitzgerald and no touchdowns on him after week 5. Excited to see what this kid does this year and scared to see what the remainder of our secondary looks like (minus Byrd of course).

Could he be poised for a breakout? I worry he steps up big but does not continue to improve. Watching his play it was clear to see he had a lot of errors but seldom did you see those repeated. And every week they diminished. Gilmore needs a fast athletic partner who can play the inside of him. McKelvin may be just that, which is why I really hope we can get a 3rd Cb

http://www.nfl.com/n...-2012-nfl-draft

Impressive write up about how solid his play was last year. 11 yards to Fitzgerald and no touchdowns on him after week 5. Excited to see what this kid does this year and scared to see what the remainder of our secondary looks like (minus Byrd of course).

He really did get markedly better after week 5...his biggest problem is the penalties, which comes from how aggressive he plays. He's actually no worse with his physicality than Revis or Sherman, it's just that those guys are bigger names so they don't get called as much...I really think Gilmore is going to be good.

He really did get markedly better after week 5...his biggest problem is the penalties, which comes from how aggressive he plays. He's actually no worse with his physicality than Revis or Sherman, it's just that those guys are bigger names so they don't get called as much...I really think Gilmore is going to be good.

Yup. The biggest thing with me is he competes on every play and plays with a quiet fire. He is very confident (and his dreads are amazing) and he is the exact opposite attitude wise of McKelvin. McKelvin gets beat and drops his head. Gilmore gets beat, gets pissed, and lines up again ready to compete.

I wasn't a giant fan of taking a corner high but I love what I see out of Gilmore.

Yup. The biggest thing with me is he competes on every play and plays with a quiet fire. He is very confident (and his dreads are amazing) and he is the exact opposite attitude wise of McKelvin. McKelvin gets beat and drops his head. Gilmore gets beat, gets pissed, and lines up again ready to compete.

I wasn't a giant fan of taking a corner high but I love what I see out of Gilmore.

Given Pettine's pedigree and his penchant for bringing numbers in blitz packages, there's a very good chance we will draft another CB even higher than Gilmore. While many in this forum would go nuts, I'd be perfectly ok with it if they think that CB really is the BPA at the time they draft and their QB choice is already gone.

GO BILLS!!!

Given Pettine's pedigree and his penchant for bringing numbers in blitz packages, there's a very good chance we will draft another CB even higher than Gilmore. While many in this forum would go nuts, I'd be perfectly ok with it if they think that CB really is the BPA at the time they draft and their QB choice is already gone.

GO BILLS!!!

There's a chance, but I wouldn't call it "very good" for two reasons:

1) I don't think Milliner will be there

2) I think there will be a player that they believe can help them more than the top rated CB on the board at the time of their selection

GO BILLS!!!

If it's not a QB at 8, I seriously believe it will be a DB. I think all the top pass rushers will be gone by 8.

Milliner/Rhodes/Trufant or perhaps Vaccaro.

Exactly what I liked out of him as a Gamecocks fan and seeing him get drafted to Buffalo. Not to mention his rookie season was only his 4th as a full-time DB, so he may still be on somewhat of a learning curve. He's very physical, but I think that as time progresses and he earns the "respect" of the referees (see: Revis, Sherman, Browner, etc.) he will get a little more leeway with that physical play and/or developed nuanced techniques that don't earn him a flag.

I dont mind DBs high, but wasnt sure about Gilmore. By draft day i had warmed some, but wasnt totally sold. He played really well for a rookie. hopefully that continues (no reason to believe it wouldnt).

If it's not a QB at 8, I seriously believe it will be a DB. I think all the top pass rushers will be gone by 8.

Milliner/Rhodes/Trufant or perhaps Vaccaro.

You may be right knowing the bills, but I would hate taking a DB high. We have too many other more pressing needs.

Buddy can't draft . . .

Yes, because after four years of being involved with the scouting department including being in full control of three drafts, he has netted the Bills tremendous talent and in no way are they in a full rebuild mode. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

There's a chance, but I wouldn't call it "very good" for two reasons:

1) I don't think Milliner will be there

2) I think there will be a player that they believe can help them more than the top rated CB on the board at the time of their selection

I don't think Milliner will be there, either. But if he were, I can see Pettine pounding the table for him.

As for players at other positions that would help more, if you listed the positions the Bills need help at along with the top rated players at those positions and stuck that list to a spinning dart board, they could toss a dart blindfolded and hit on a player that would fill a need.

GO BILLS!!!