[closed]Charlie Casserly says No to Geno.

So, what you're saying is that it's just another person's opinion?

It's not a person's opinion. It's a person saying what many others have already.

It's not like he hopped on NFL Network to tell everyone Geno Smith would be a Hall of Fame hockey player.

Edited by taC giB ehT

So, what you're saying is that it's just another person's opinion?

I don't really understand your point? Are you saying that there are lots of opinions (good and bad) on Geno Smith and that the truth is in the eye of the beholder? Or are you saying that because Smith was once-hyped as a certain high pick and best QB available, that you won't consider changing your opinion when someone who has at least scouted and been an NFL GM for years has a contrary opinion?

FWIW, Casserly and former NFL scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Russ Lande are all not very high on Geno Smith.

Heath Shuler

There it is.

For my money I am going to trust the guys who do the work day-in, day-out, and get paid by teams for their professional opinion instead of a media outlet. Is Casserly going out on a limb? If he's wrong, most will forget it and still think he's smart - because his track record includes having worked with one of the all-time greatest coaches. If he's right, he's one of the guys who saw all the warning signs and has a trusted opinion. I think if you think highly enough of your talent evaluation skills, you get in the ring. Casserly - well, he got fired twice, with good reason. Most GMs do. The rest is just noise.

Its been my feeling on Geno too. He worries me a bit and I would really hesitate to take him high. Barkley is a safer choice IMO

I'm okay with Barkley. It reminds me that Nix talked about "he's going to be the face of your franchise". Barkley's a class act. Not saying Geno isn't, but I didn't like how he came unglued in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I don't really understand your point? Are you saying that there are lots of opinions (good and bad) on Geno Smith and that the truth is in the eye of the beholder? Or are you saying that because Smith was once-hyped as a certain high pick and best QB available, that you won't consider changing your opinion when someone who has at least scouted and been an NFL GM for years has a contrary opinion?

FWIW, Casserly and former NFL scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Russ Lande are all not very high on Geno Smith.

There are so many opinions on this QB class. Every year people get so caught up with what people on TV think about players.

Not all draft boards are the same.

David Carr too.

This is probably the last guy I'd trust on evaluating QB's.

Yes but Carr was a consensus #1 pick. So was Tim Couch. I think most people viewed the two as can't-miss picks at the time. When we bandy about the "he's no Luck," or "He's no Griffin" statements, we kind of need to remember that most people aren't that.

Both of those QBs got the living crap kicked out of them on the football field, and I don't know how anybody attains success like that.

Anyway, Caserly sucks, I do agree on this. If he didn't he would have realized that OL play carried his Redskins teams and needed to be put first and foremost in building the Texans.

I hate seeing the Bills/Skins Superbowl ball and Mark Rypien SI cover behind Casserly everytime he's on NFL Network. It drives me into a fit of rage and I can't focus on anything he's saying.

Especially since their journeyman qb played like a hall of famer that one year an our hall of famer was injured that one year.