I need to ''bounce ideas off academics''...

I don't suppose anyone asked why someone who doesn’t know how to invest the fund’s assets is holding a seat on the board of the pension fund.

I was just about to say...way to rearrange those deck chairs, Ohio.

I don't suppose anyone asked why someone who doesn’t know how to invest the fund’s assets is holding a seat on the board of the pension fund.

In a rational world, that would be the focus of this story. The misappropriation of $11,000 is a pittance compared to what that porpoise and her colleagues are going to do with $11 billion in pension assets armed with only a 5 day course. The f@#$ing woman dyed her hair to look like Neapolitan ice cream and Ohio decides to trust her with billions. Unreal.

In a rational world, that would be the focus of this story. The misappropriation of $11,000 is a pittance compared to what that porpoise and her colleagues are going to do with $11 billion in pension assets armed with only a 5 day course. The f@#$ing woman dyed her hair to look like Neapolitan ice cream and Ohio decides to trust her with billions. Unreal.

I don't really think she needs a five day course. She's not investing the funds she's responsible for hiring and the oversight of the firms that do. That's the real scary part.

Actually I read the article further and the board is responible for how the money is spent and has nothing to do with how it's invested. Still scary.

Edited by Chef Jim

While this is obviously a self-inflicted clusfer!@#$ for the reasons already noted, I'd like to note that I'm just a little curious where in Hawaii she was planning to go and how much the trip was going to cost. The story mentions neither.

As a former West Coast sales person who had Hawaii as a territory, I spent many years hearing the "Oh, Hawaii. Must be nice" comments, but my trips were always where the main business was; Honolulu, and Honolulu is nothing more than a nastier version of Anaheim near Disney.

Edited by LABillzFan

I don't really think she needs a five day course. She's not investing the funds she's responsible for hiring and the oversight of the firms that do. That's the real scary part.

No, she doesn't need a 5 day course. If she does, the she needs to be relieved of her responsibilities, because anyone who needs a 5 day course is unfit to make any decision regarding pension assets. Given the fact that shes abusing her position for a vacation, I can only imagine how ethically she'll behave when choosing funds.

While this is obviously a self-inflicted clusfer!@#$ for the reasons already noted, I'd like to note that I'm just a little curious where in Hawaii she was planning to go and how much the trip was going to cost. The story mentions neither.

As a former West Coast sales person who had Hawaii as a territory, I spent many years hearing the "Oh, Hawaii. Must be nice" comments, but my trips were always where the main business was; Honolulu, and Honolulu is nothing more than a nastier version of Anaheim near Disney.

That is not were these "conferences" are held, trust me. I've been to them. Usually top notch hotels with fantastic beaches.