Wonder what this guys thinking is now

Rayzer32

Quote from the Chargers draft board this year. Bet thoughts are a little different now. Maybe we could trade Lindell to SD for Wade Phillips. <_<

Nate Kaeding (K-Iowa) Have you ever been in the check out lane in a grocery and you didn’t have enough money to pay for everything so you put back the milk in order to afford the toilet paper? You hated to spend what little money you had on toilet paper but it ended up proving valuable time after time. Nate Kaeding is toilet paper. You hate to spend a third round pick on a Kicker but there will be some tough times when it will seem like the best investment you ever made. It is very rare that a kicker is ever deemed worthy of a first day selection but Nate Kaeding is that good. In his career at Iowa he hit 24 out of 29 field goals from 40 yards are more and nearly half of his kick-offs were touchbacks. He’s an honor student, a hard worker and a guy that likes to mix it up on kick coverage. He’s been consistent in bad weather, under pressure and from all distances. Naturally, he still must prove himself in the NFL, but at this point he is everything you could want in a kicker. When’s the last time your toilet paper got you this enthused?

So, who still thinks the Bills should draft Nugent with their 2nd?

198982[/snapback]

Personally, I think that is ridiculous. Not to disappreciate the importance of kickers, but we some of the glaring needs this team has, a kicker is not worth our secound round pick right now.

Personally, I think that is ridiculous. Not to disappreciate the importance of kickers, but we some of the glaring needs this team has, a kicker is not worth our secound round pick right now.

198987[/snapback]

Yeah, why waste it on a O-line man or something more important like that. Don't forget, our 2nd rd pick will be our 1st pick this year. <_<

Yeah, that's some good logic.  A kicker misses the biggest kick of the year, so let's not pick the best one in a generation.

<_<

I hope we pick the best player on the board, regardless of position.

199006[/snapback]

Thank You.

If the Steelers Kicker doesn't re-sign ( Kris Brown ), go after him. He'd be a huge upgrade.

Yeah, why waste it on a O-line man or something more important like that.  Don't forget, our 2nd rd pick will be our 1st pick this year.  <_<

198990[/snapback]

No, JP Losman is our First pick this year. Plain and simple.

Why, if we're all real nice and polite, and if Mr. Donnaho doesn't slip Troy Vincent a coupla Benjamins again in training camp this year, we might actually get to see the young fella in an NFL game this year.

Take the best kicker to come along in decades as your #2. Oakland never regretted taking Ray Guy - a punter with their #1 pick.

So, who still thinks the Bills should draft Nugent with their 2nd?

198982[/snapback]

I do.

Tell me when Kaeding played in big games like Nugent did. Nugent played on the college champion. A wild card game would not make him nervous. Did you see Kaeding on the sidelines when dumbass Marty was making no effort to get the field goal closer, he was tight minutes before the kick.

Thank You.

If the Steelers Kicker doesn't re-sign ( Kris Brown ), go after him. He'd be a huge upgrade.

199044[/snapback]

Jeff Reed is the Steelers kicker....Kris Brown was.....The steelers will be

re-signing him. I don't think he is going anywhere.

Also, I don't think the entire blame should be on Keading. Marty has to

take the blame....The guy (his OC) calls 3 lame running plays....GUys,

it is still a 40 yard kick...Get the ball down to a 30 yard kick and make

it easy on the rookie kicker...

Exactly... Marty blew this game... again... geez, first he giftwraps a TD by walking onto the field, then to go ultraultraconservative when all he needed was another 5 to 10 yards to dramatically increase his chances of winning... wow

When it comes to FG kicking, the difference between 35 and 40 is probably the greatest 5 yard difference there is.

No, JP Losman is our First pick this year. Plain and simple.

Why, if we're all real nice and polite, and if Mr. Donnaho doesn't slip Troy Vincent a coupla Benjamins again in training camp this year, we might actually get to see the young fella in an NFL game this year.

Take the best kicker to come along in decades as your #2. Oakland never regretted taking Ray Guy - a punter with their #1 pick.

199047[/snapback]

I think that they may not be very happy with their other K 1st rounder Janikowski!

Exactly... Marty blew this game... again... geez, first he giftwraps a TD by walking onto the field, then to go ultraultraconservative when all he needed was another 5 to 10 yards to dramatically increase his chances of winning... wow

When it comes to FG kicking, the difference between 35 and 40 is probably the greatest 5 yard difference there is.

199096[/snapback]

I have to agree. The Jets D was on its heels, ready to cave in. The one place the Jets had shut down SD all game was running straight up the middle. SD should have continued to throw safe passes and attack the edges of the defense.