JBoyst visits home of Radar O'Reilly

Beerball

Gary Burghoff lives in Clinton CT and !@#$ing hates being referred to as Radar

Radar O'Reilly is from Ottumwa, Iowa. Gary Burghoff is from Bristol, CT. He should be flattered people remember him for a role he played over 30 years ago.

One of my favorite M*A*S*H scenes. They're all in Potter's office and calling Radar who has left to help his mother with the farm. They all decide to call him.

Father Mulcahy: What time is it in Ottumwa Iowa?

Major Winchester [rolling eyes]; 1862

"Loved Radar, hated Burghoff". I remember reading that from one of the writers of the show after Gary Burghoff left MASH.

That's one of the things about actors that I find fascinating - the ability to change your personality so much that it masks the fact you're truly a giant douche.

Burghoff should be thrilled that people still recognize and love that character after all these years.

That's one of the things about actors that I find fascinating - the ability to change your personality so much that it masks the fact you're truly a giant douche.

Burghoff should be thrilled that people still recognize and love that character after all these years.

A great example of that would be Henry Fonda. Who I think was one of the best actors ever. The man was talented. I did hear many stories about him in his personal life where he came off as a real jerk.

A great example of that would be Henry Fonda. Who I think was one of the best actors ever. The man was talented. I did hear many stories about him in his personal life where he came off as a real jerk.

I had the "honor" of cooking at some of the biggest Hollywood hangouts and from what I've seen being a jerk seems to be a requirement.