The cicadas are coming. Monica Lewinsky too?

Beerball

Best joke of the Monica Lewinsky scandal:

Jay Leno - Things actually got worse for President Clinton today - he was sued by famed magician David Copperfield. Copperfield claims that he invented and holds the exclusive rights to the disappearing cigar trick.

Ba-dum-ba!

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Beerball, get ready, Central Oiho gets them pretty bad. 2004 was aweful, and that was the off year. The thing with the cicadas is that they are so freequent now, every year there are some that come in, its the bad years that are the worst. They are loud as hell, too. SW Cbus gets them the worst.

Beerball, get ready, Central Oiho gets them pretty bad. 2004 was aweful, and that was the off year. The thing with the cicadas is that they are so freequent now, every year there are some that come in, its the bad years that are the worst. They are loud as hell, too. SW Cbus gets them the worst.

Won't bother me one iota. I'm deaf in my right ear so I'll sleep on my left.

We already had the 17 year cicada a few years back... Some older towns had them so bad, you could shovel them...

The yearly ones come and go... Pretty noisy in the summer... I think there are 14 and 17 years ones... We just had the 17 years one a few years back... Not too bad by me since the houses were built in the late 1990's and the ground was all broken up... But older areas got them bad...

We already had the 17 year cicada a few years back... Some older towns had them so bad, you could shovel them...

The yearly ones come and go... Pretty noisy in the summer... I think there are 14 and 17 years ones... We just had the 17 years one a few years back... Not too bad by me since the houses were built in the late 1990's and the ground was all broken up... But older areas got them bad...

I was watching a PBS special on the event, you can see spurts of added growth in those years on the trees where the bugs would die at the base and provide fertilizer for the trees. It was amazing.

I was watching a PBS special on the event, you can see spurts of added growth in those years on the trees where the bugs would die at the base and provide fertilizer for the trees. It was amazing.

That's cool

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=racquet+bug+zapper&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=11406201827&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9056077761760768148&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_5ggbi53sfy_b

I wonder how this would handle the big cicada? It zaps small bugs pretty well... Some bigger spiders really "cook." You might over load the racket... :lol: