Newly acquired DT Alan Branch believes in Tavaris Jackson.

I don't know what to make of it just yet but I think that there's something here that we should pay attention. I have never considered anything about Jackson's value, especially after the way he was iced last year but he could have a bigger impact on this team and draft than he's been given credit for. I did think about him the other day for a fleeting moment but then I dismissed it but the way Branch is speaking about him I think that there may be more to him than what one might think.

I don't know or figured out if his value is tied directly to the production of the team this year or if it comes in a trade. What I do want to go on record as saying that I don't believe that him and Kolb are vying for the same position, instead I believe that we keep both and take a flyer on a mid round QB and see who steps forward between the 3 of them. I think that after the season one of the 2 veterans are gone and we take our franchise QB in next year's draft if this year's flyer doesn't win the job.

Branch sounds pretty adamant about Jackson and his abilities, now I'm really wondering how Jackson truly fits in this year. Any ideas about this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/alan-branch-talks-up-tarvaris-jackson/

I watched Travaris Jackson when he was with the Vikings routinely miss wide open receivers 15 yards away with zero pressure on him. My brother and dad are diehard Vikings fans and they hated Jackson sooooo much. Jackson use to play for The Seahawks Branch was there that year too. I think it stems from that, Jackson battled it out through injuries for the Seahawks in a forgettable 7-9 season were Jackson threw for about 3000 yards and 14 TD over 13 INT's (Along with 5 lost fumbles). Branch was there and I think he wants to help his former teammate out.

I don't think TJ is a bad backup QB to have but by no means would I ever consider starting him unless there were injuries at the QB position.

I never give any credence to statements such as these. I mean, what is he supposed to say? That he is a terrible quarterback who will never be a franchise QB? Even if he thinks he's the worst QB in the league, he is going to sugar coat it because they are teammates and most professional athletes show some tact when discussing other players (even ones on other teams). I think it's basically impossible to tell if he really thinks that, or is just blowing smoke.

Edited by Mark80

I don't know what to make of it just yet but I think that there's something here that we should pay attention. I have never considered anything about Jackson's value, especially after the way he was iced last year but he could have a bigger impact on this team and draft than he's been given credit for. I did think about him the other day for a fleeting moment but then I dismissed it but the way Branch is speaking about him I think that there may be more to him than what one might think.

I don't know or figured out if his value is tied directly to the production of the team this year or if it comes in a trade. What I do want to go on record as saying that I don't believe that him and Kolb are vying for the same position, instead I believe that we keep both and take a flyer on a mid round QB and see who steps forward between the 3 of them. I think that after the season one of the 2 veterans are gone and we take our franchise QB in next year's draft if this year's flyer doesn't win the job.

Branch sounds pretty adamant about Jackson and his abilities, now I'm really wondering how Jackson truly fits in this year. Any ideas about this?

http://profootballta...rvaris-jackson/

Are Branch and Jackson related???? If T J is our starter, it's going to be a long season. The only worse scenario would be Geno Smith or worse yet E J Manuel.

Seriously.... look at Tjax's body of work over 7, yeah seven, NFL seasons. It adds up to a barely magrinal backup QB, and certainly not remotely close to a low level starter. He may be tough, but he also must not be smart if he continually takes hits in most of his games. That tells me he has no pocket presence, internal clock, and can't read defenses, process the information quickly and get the ball out quickly. Any wonder why he is where he is?

So, Alan Branch believes in Tjax, Tjax believe in Branch. Fabulous! Now, let's all hold hands and kumbaya around the campfire.