Kolb vs. Fitz???

yeah for sure, fitz was real good at setting blocking and getting the ball out. ive never been sold on the line being a top unit, but they sure as hell should be considerably better than the cards wall of sieve

so, agreed that kolb is going to get sacked a ton more than fitz did regardless of scheme. now we just have to hope it isnt enough to derail his efficiency to the point he just confirms his failure in the desert

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

despite the admitted incredible amout of panty bunched whining that goes on around issues like this, if kolb starts stringing wins together im pretty sure virtually everybody will pretend like they knew he would work out all along

Like they did when JP lead comeback victories against Houston and Jacksonville in Jauron year 1? Or went Trent Edwards started off the season 5-1? Or Fitz hot start in 2011? Yeah, those situations worked out.

I would hope we have learned that stringing a few wins together isn't the same as taking a team to the playoffs every year, but in all honesty if Kolb were just able to string together 8 games without getting knocked out I would be surprised. :rolleyes:

I believe he is working under a name with a couple of 4s in it, but the post was Crayonz inspired, so I'll accept the compliment. :)

Cheers bro :beer: I really wish the gerbils hamster would release the hounds!

Fitzpatrick, who isn't good, is better than Kolb. Kolb is a sack machine who made his line look significantly worse than it actually was. His sack rate last year was over 12 percent, and the other AZ QBs combined had a sack rate of around 6 percent. Fitz made the Bills' line look a lot better in protection than it actually was. I hope to god that Kolb isn't starting for the Bills next year. I won't be able to take the calls for Cordy Glenn's head.

Kolb is a stopgap... He gives the team room not to have to make a stupid pick at QB. The lack of hype around any of the QB prospects in this draft is telling. I hardly recall a year when draft pundits have been so dismissive of the QB class.

Kolb is a stopgap... He gives the team room not to have to make a stupid pick at QB. The lack of hype around any of the QB prospects in this draft is telling. I hardly recall a year when draft pundits have been so dismissive of the QB class.

This post epitomizes why the Bills don't have a QB. Rather than risk making a bad draft selection on a QB......let's just sign a BAD QB so we don't have to. There's always next year.....didn't say the teams that drafted Drew Brees, Joe Flacco or Aaron Rodgers.....the QB's who have won 3 of the last 5 SB's.

I vote for none of the above......Tarvaris or Genotime baby. Kolb and Fitz are both donks.

Can you imagine if Jackson beats out Kolb for the starting job after all this hype and hand wringing over whether Kolb will be better than Fitz? :lol:

No flame, just bottom line you are comparring apples to Oranges. Kolb = worst OL in the NFL, non debatable, and no running game. Fitz = had a damn good OL (top 5 most likely) and a great running game and sucked.

This.

Agreed. Kolb = Fitz. Russ is hoping a turd by another name will smell sweeter, until we get a real QB in the 2014 draft.

I know Fitz sucks. I will have to see more of Kolb to know if he sucks as well.

Something to be said for this, but I don't expect much.

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

well fwiw i think kolb is probably the best out of that whole list - not that its saying much but hes probably at the top of that pile of mediocrity AND still has the possibility of upside. i mean any qb at any time can put it together, but the more games they play the less likely that becomes. probably the only other one in that list that has a decent chance to break out is flynn

for grins id rank them this way:

kolb

flynn

fitz

cassel

tjax

campbell

orton

mccoy

daniel

orton

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kolb, Travares Jackson, Jason Campbell, Matt Flynn, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel, Colt McCoy, and Chase Daniel.

What do all of these QBs have in common?

(hint: don't overthink the question)

Great backups, good stopgaps, bad starters?

Great backups, good stopgaps, bad starters?

You're all right but No Saint nailed what I was shooting for.

None of them (and there are other names I didn't bother to wrack my brain for) are appreciably better or worse than the others. The differences in their abilities are outweighed by the sameness in their abilities.

It's like debating who sells the best fast food hamburger.

So in my mind the best of these quarterbacks is the one that is paid the least and cost the least to acquire.

JMO.