Pistol-packing pastor

"
People think I'm a gun nut and gun crazy, but I'm not. I don't want to hurt anybody. ... But that doesn't mean I should let them hurt me."

— James McAbee

Thats crazy talk.

Psalm 144:1 (ESV)

" Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle";

or

praise the lord and pass the ammunition - YouTube

Edited by B-Man

"
People think I'm a gun nut and gun crazy, but I'm not. I don't want to hurt anybody. ... But that doesn't mean I should let them hurt me."

— James McAbee

Thats crazy talk.

Psalm 144:1 (ESV)

" Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle";

or

praise the lord and pass the ammunition - YouTube

Anyone who reads the New American Bible is a heathen communist.

i have no problem with a pastor carrying a gun. being a man of god does not mean you dont have the right to protect yourself. even a renouned pacifist like the great mlk says very clearly that morality includes physical violence when defending yourself (though he differentiates that from civil disobedience where total pacifism is required)

i can see why most religious leaders choose to rely on their faith to be their only protection and i respect that kind of decision of conscience. however, that does not have to be the standard of behavior, its also completely appropriate to be armed and prepared to act if you are forced to

i dont carry but i would if i felt i had to and i dont mind other people that legally do. i love everybody but that doesnt mean im not a realist. lots of very messed up and maximally aggressive people out there, and if it comes down to you or me then i will do what i gotta do and ventilate your cranium if you force me to. sounds to me like thats exactly what this pastor is saying