I'm starting to think we're going to draft a safety early

I think the Bills move Williams to safety - where he was projected coming out of college - and where he probably will be quite good. Add to that the rookie (I'm sure they'll draft one with one of their picks) and we should be fine there. BTW, a lot of the safeties they're looking at are mid to late round projections. I really loved that one from the small school who ran a 4.5 forty, stood 6-4 and weighed in at 230. That's a mean sized safety. I like that they're willing to look outide the box there. After all, the trend is going taller in the secondary.

The OP may be on to something. The Bills have had 4 safeties in for visits. FOUR! They are obviously looking to add more. As to where they plan to add more in this draft, that is the question. Also as the OP suggests, Pettine places a pretty high value on the position. Many believe other positions are much greater needs based on what we all saw last year. However the defense is going to be much different, scheme wise. I think a lot of people will be surprised by how the Bills draft this year.