Al and John please, please, please

Rayzer32

This is the worst I have ever heard these two commentate a game. Maybe they were drinking in the sun too long today, but it has been raining there all day so that can't be it.

Al with his "if they run one more play and then punt it away, there will be under zero seconds left on the clock"???????? What the hell does that mean <_<

And then there is Madden with his "wha wha when ya list, lis, listen to a,a,a,a retar, ret, retard try ta, ta, ta, to call a,a,a,a footba, football game, the, the, the, then no one wi, wi, will listen to the, the, that retard any, uh, uh, anymore". :unsure:

Boy I wish I had a teleprompter for this. Give it up boys.

Awww, c'on, they're not that bad.  I mean, where else can you go to hear such scintillating analysis as Michaels' "Schottenheimer sometimes blows the big one" or Madden's "You have to ride the guys that brought you"...

<_<  :unsure:

198882[/snapback]

LMAO :lol:

If I hear Madden put together the words "Antonio Gates" and "basketball move" in another one of his neo-sentences, I'm gonna friggin' scream. I think I've heard him say it 10 times, and I've only watched the 4th Q.

And Madden's "expert analysis" allowed him to miss the fact that Brees scramble to the 1 yard line was a called QB draw. How could he miss the giant Finoti running downfield like that? Madden's a giant windbag buffoon.

Frankly, I'd take Al Michaels over most any other football announcer out there, and after listening to those three EPSN buffoons for the early game, listening to Michaels and Madden was like listening to Norah Jones.

I still love to hear Madden repeat himself when he gives you his take on a play sometimes. He'll say something so that most anyone can understand it, and then he'll say it again for the BFs of the world to get.

"You see, on THAT play, the quarterback fakes the handoff to the running back, pumps once to the tight end, and then goes downfield deep to the receiver in the endzone. So...fake handoff, pump once, and go downfield...and, and, and that's how that play works."

Frankly, I'd take Al Michaels over most any other football announcer out there, and after listening to those three EPSN buffoons for the early game, listening to Michaels and Madden was like listening to Norah Jones.

I still love to hear Madden repeat himself when he gives you his take on a play sometimes. He'll say something so that most anyone can understand it, and then he'll say it again for the BFs of the world to get.

"You see, on THAT play, the quarterback fakes the handoff to the running back, pumps once to the tight end, and then goes downfield deep to the receiver in the endzone. So...fake handoff, pump once, and go downfield...and, and, and that's how that play works."

199171[/snapback]

Michaels is one of the better ones... although, as happens to all decent play by play announcers, he borders on overexposure.

Oh, for the days of Ray Scott.

This is such bull. Michaels/Madden is the best team out there today.

I can't think of one CBS team that is any good. Lets just say their top 2 teams are Nance&Simms and Enberg&Dierdorf. Never mind Criqui&Tasker or Gus Johnson & Brent Jones. Or Randy Cross, who may be the absolute worst in the business.

FOX is a little better, but still not very good. I like some of their play-by-play guys (Dick Stockton, Joe Buck) but unfortunately their partners' suck.

The ESPN crew gives me a headache. Between Mike Patrick nominating every player into the HOF and Paul McGuire's dumb laugh, and Theisman's worthless conversation with every assistant coach in the league.

Seriously, next time ABC does a game try going in with an open mind instead of getting all worked up every time Madden says something redundant. You can tell that he knows football if you can get past his dumb quirks (which I find to be pretty funny most of the time in a "Brady Bunch - that was so dumb it was funny" kind of way).

Al Michaels is one of the outstanding play by play men in the game. The freakin' guys have to talk non-stop for 3 and 1/2 hours. That being said, it's real easy to nit pick and find a thing or two that you don't like about their broadcast. Madden doesn't bother me one way or the other. Would you rather have Dennis Miller back in the booth?

These 2 were driving me nuts last night. They weren't paying much attention to what was going on on the field, just talking as if they were more interested in hearing themselves instead of commenting on the game. Several times they were talking hypotheticals without realizing something like a flag or a different result than what they thought had happened took place. The only time they said something that made sense was when Madden was bagging on Marty for not trying at least once to score before relying on Kaeding to kick a 40 yarder.

Two chief annoyances for me:

1. Madden would make definitive statements but then add so many qualifiers that it became meaningless. For example, he commented on how 2nd and 1 was a great down for a play-caller. He said something like "You can call any play in the playbook and be guaranteed that it will work most of the time." What does that even mean?

2. When the Jets downed a punt at the 3 at the end of the first half and it was reviewed because there was illegal touching, for some reason Michaels got it into his head that the Chargers could just take a touchback. He wouldn't get off it. It's like he was thinking since the player could not legally touch the ball, they could pretend he wasn't there and the ball had bounced into the end zone. I don't what rulebook he was looking at.