anyone paying attention to n korea threatening to nuke america?

Is 1000 km with the range of even U.S. territories?

I don't know much on this topic outside of what I read about North Korea every few weeks online.

No. At least not according to my sources which are both highly respected within the PPP community and commonly regarded as truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/04/map-this-is-how-far-those-north-korean-missiles-can-actually-reach/

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't any of you dolts watch Goldfinger?

They don't have to hit the US ground with a nuke.

They can hit the US plenty by hitting Seoul or Tokyo with one.

You think 911 was a tragedy?

Think again. The world economy will go to ****, and do you think NK will care? They're already there and they'll bring the rest of the world down to their level pretty damn fast.

The old guard in NK has their little boy puppet on a string and they're making him dance.

He's got to keep acting tough (following their orders) to stay alive.

They're doing exactly what his father did and his father before him - test new western leaders by pushing them to the brink.

So far BO has done nothing except adopt the Sally Fields foreign policy.

New guy on the block - John Horse-face Kerry. Same thing - he's been to the land of Genghis Kahn three times since he pulled the chair fumunda Hillary and Un is getting worried he's losing face and cred with his old guard.

Then Chuck I-never-met-a-Jew-I-didn't-dislike Hagel gets the nod at DoD. Un was sorta cool with Panetta, you know, like he was with Dennis-the-Worm - till he found out he wasn't President BO. Did you notice yet that they cut off their supply of hot coffee to our homeless? They're worried, and pissed. So, they roll out the nukes on coal trucks and get ready to roll them down to the DMZ and float one or two across the Sea of Japan with their fuses lit.

Un is holding a lot of cards in his shaky hands.

Does NK even have the capability to mount one of their 5 warheads onto a missile of any range? I can't seem to find any evidence that suggests they have any rocket capable of delivering one of their warheads.

I'm also wondering what they named their first nukes. I'm guessing in the spirit of Oppenheimer and co., its probably something like "Chubby Man with Bad Haircut and Inferiority Complex".

They've put a satellite into space. And theoretically, if you have that launch capacity, you have enough to launch even a first generation nuclear warhead.

Boasting is the key word, they haven't a prayer of reaching the US mainland. For years yet. They'd be lucky to get one across the bay to Japan...

They could get one across the Sea of Japan pretty easily.

Whether or not they could HIT Japan, that's another question. I'd call it an even-money bet that they miss the whole island - they're rockets aren't that much more advanced than the German V-2 (bigger, but roughly the same technology), and those missed England 40% of the time.

They've been boasting that capability, but most of their rocket tests have ended in spectacular failure. Recently they were able to put a satellite in orbit (which immediately spun out of control), but even with the range that this rocket demonstrated, "experts" say the rocket lacks the power to deliver one of their primitively huge (can you use the word primitive while discussing nuclear weapons?) warheads. From what I've been able to dig up, North Korea can likely deliver a warhead within a 1,000 km range and even those missiles aren't very reliable.

Hopefully someone with more command of the facts and a hard-on for military hardware and physics can weigh in. Do we know anyone like that?

You pretty much nailed it, actually.

Hasn't North Korea been boasting that they have the nuclear capability to reach the mainland US?

Yeah, that's coming from the same news service that reported that Dear Leader hit 13 holes-in-one the first time he ever golfed.

Some questions for those of you in the know...

How much of this is posturing on the part of Kim Jong-un to secure power with the old guard of his nation?

How much of this is, for lack of a better term, asymmetrical warfare on the part of the PRC/MSS? Stir the pot, see and gauge our military deployment strategy and responses etc etc.

How long before China rides to the rescue, again?

Edit: Looking for your opinions on these questions, not trying to state them as facts.

Edited by We Come In Peace

You're right China is an important player. They don't want a war because it would mean millions of Korean refugees storming into China, and the last thing they need is more people. Also a victory by the south places a US proxy right there on their border. Another thing they don't want.

If the US would get out of south Korea this situation would resolve itself. Koreans are some of the most overtly ethnocentric people on the planet and would love to reunite. Unfortunately they're caught between 2 superpowers, and its the US that should stop the global meddling BS and let the other side of the world decide its own fate.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You're right China is an important player. They don't want a war because it would mean millions of Korean refugees storming into China, and the last thing they need is more people. Also a victory by the south places a US proxy right there on their border. Another thing they don't want.

If the US would get out of south Korea this situation would resolve itself. Koreans are some of the most overtly ethnocentric people on the planet and would love to reunite. Unfortunately they're caught between 2 superpowers, and its the US that should stop the global meddling BS and let the other side of the world decide its own fate.

:lol:

How did he manage to pull off the series 7 exam.

No. Really? Not the broker-dealer Registered Rep exam...you mean some other Series 7, like a potty training exam or successfully tying his shoes without strangling himself, right?

Okay, so I'll play along. Let's say the US pulls out of SK. Please explain how the situation would resolve itself. Maybe an election between Kim Jong-Un and Park Geun-Hye to see who would be their president?

Please. Tell us. How would it resolve itself?

Okay, so I'll play along. Let's say the US pulls out of SK. Please explain how the situation would resolve itself. Maybe an election between Kim Jong-Un and Park Geun-Hye to see who would be their president?

Please. Tell us. How would it resolve itself?

Without the US forces on the Korean peninsula, Superawesome Leader and President Park would be free to engage each other in meaningful dialogue while watching a basketball game. They could then resolve their remaining differences by competing on the links. Unfortunately that would be a bit unfair to President Park, as Superawesome Leader does come from the same family that saw 13 holes-in-one from Dear Leader on his first time golfing.

Clearly the DMZ is a creature of US aggression, and exists solely to satisfy our capitalist pig-dog aims of global domination.

Here's a brilliant snippet from an article in The Guardian:

The Obama administration's policy towards North Korea is officially known as "strategic patience", containing North Korea, reassuring its neighbours South Korea and Japan and hoping for a diplomatic solution some time in the future.

In other words: don't do a damn thing, and hope the next guy can solve it. :wallbash:

I think if one gets fired at the US it gets shot down; I hope. I am not sure what defenses the other countries have. Economic measures never seem to work and this could be a thrreat because of them. Antyime someone has a nuke you need to pay attention. Crazy people you just can't tell about. Many countries having nukes is what probably keeps other countries from firing them. North Korea has to kow what the consequences of firing one at as would be. If Obama would get his head out of the sand..... We need another Reagan.

LOL yeah we've been there for over 6 decades and it's "progressed" to the point we're being threatened with nukes ..... LOL

That doesn't explain how it will resolve itself. What it does is further piss me off that the people I support can lose to people supported by idiots like you. You have no idea what you're talking about and are likely just repeating something you read in the comment section of HuffPost editorial #237 about why Republicans suck.

If you genuinely think your ideologiy can change the world, you have to do better than this. Let's face it. You're the same person who believes, with all his heart, that the single reason Obama is a crappy president is because everyone hates the colored man. So please try harder, Skippy.

Be specific. And thoughtful. Convince me...because I'm genuinely open to anything. If the US leaving will result in uncontested unity, I'm just curious...how do you see this happening?

C'mon. You can do it.

That doesn't explain how it will resolve itself. What it does is further piss me off that the people I support can lose to people supported by idiots like you. You have no idea what you're talking about and are likely just repeating something you read in the comment section of HuffPost editorial #237 about why Republicans suck.

If you genuinely think your ideologiy can change the world, you have to do better than this. Let's face it. You're the same person who believes, with all his heart, that the single reason Obama is a crappy president is because everyone hates the colored man. So please try harder, Skippy.

Be specific. And thoughtful. Convince me...because I'm genuinely open to anything. If the US leaving will result in uncontested unity, I'm just curious...how do you see this happening?

C'mon. You can do it.

i don't think JTSP is an Obama supporter.

Wow that 2nd to last post from LA was so coocoo for cocoa pufffs even meazza had to correct it on my behalf (sort of anyway). Here's a good summary of how we ended up in this predicament:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/05/north_korea_whats_really_happening/singleton/?google_editors_picks=true

For the partisan crowd I'll screen it in advance, the author....

... Liked bill clintons approach

.... Cites bush-cheney derailing it for the worse

.... Cites bush-rice for getting it back on track

.... Thinks obama-hillary were incompetent

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack