Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

Except his teammates seem to love him and the energy he brings to the game. He also really enjoys a relationship with the fans and even if some don't like it, the Bills Mafia thing brings a lot of fan interest that is rooted in the game - not just in tailgating or drinking oneself into oblivion. I think he's a pretty positive guy. The "I need attention" thing is only a problem when you're excessively negative and/or not winning. When T.O. was helping his team win, people put up with it. When he wasn't, the negativity won out. People hated Deion Sanders - and I especially did - but the dude won. Tell me, did his and Irvin's "antics" hurt the team and set bad examples for younger players, or were they part of an earned bravado?

If we had a lot of quiet losers, the lot here would be complaining about how there is no passion a la Jason Pomminville. I don't care how they do it - brash, quiet, who gives a sh--? Just win, don't be a total a--hole, and I'll enjoy it.

Has SJ earned the respect the other athletes you mentioned have earned?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say. I can say he has put up a string of seasons that rival the Bills' best WRs, with some real mediocrity at the QB position. And he himself has admitted the potential to do more. If they don't win, he won't get the same respect.

I'm just saying the Bills have a far better shot of winning with him than without him, at present, especially given the way they seem prepared to conduct business. You can either accept that or get all bent out of shape about 140 characters here and there. I look at him like I do an entertainer who sometimes takes a joke too far - Louis C.K. might be a good example. I don't agree with what he does all the time but I still find him good at what he does.

it depends on what type of respect you are asking about. Do you mean the respect of his on feel play or off the field stuff? His on the field stuff isn't close, but off the field the guy is a saint compared to the other two. TO and Sanders were more than "look at me" types, they were polarizing people.

it depends on what type of respect you are asking about. Do you mean the respect of his on feel play or off the field stuff? His on the field stuff isn't close, but off the field the guy is a saint compared to the other two. TO and Sanders were more than "look at me" types, they were polarizing people.

They also had a lot to look at by way of playmaking,

Prime time...

And all these people that said this was a big deal because it would send SJ packing, if it was something that would send him packing, there would already be trade rumors out there. the guy isn't going anywhere. Not only that, but the usatoday and I think cbs were the only national media to even mention it. this is such a non story it isn't even funny.

When stevie goes out and actually does something off the field that is a big deal, then maybe we can worry about it. All these things people list here that stevie does off the field, the ONLY people that give it a second look is bills fans. You don't see anyone else talking about it, though I am sure there might be a 2 page thread on a pats* forum somewhere about this.

Let's wait until stevie starts beating his wife before we compare him to chad Johnson, let's wait until he starts bashing his QN and demanding all balls be thrown to him before we compare him to TO, lets not give crap to a guy that has done nothing but say something stupid that no one but a handful of people on this board actually care about. Really, if every NFL player that said something stupid on twitter was to be released or traded, the turnover rate for all rosters would be insane. Hell, in Jim Kelly's years, he was out womanizing women off the field. Would you throw him off the team then because he was going about town and being immature off the field? What stevie does off the field is so small. The only reason it is made a big deal out of is because with so many losing seasons, no QB, and no hope, we really have not much else to talk about.

Prime time...

Consider those teams without Aikman, no Nate Newton, missing 2-3 of their LBs, no Alvin Harper, no Moose Johnston, no Jay Novacek, no Darren Woodson, and tell me how many plays those guys would have made.

Hell, in Jim Kelly's years, he was out womanizing women off the field. Would you throw him off the team then because he was going about town and being immature off the field? What stevie does off the field is so small. The only reason it is made a big deal out of is because with so many losing seasons, no QB, and no hope, we really have not much else to talk about.

People hold double standards that they are afraid to admit. And they actually hold guys with really minor infractions to far higher standards than their idols.

Prime time...

So what are you saying exactly? It is ok to have off the field issues that hurt the team if you are a big name and a big playmaker, but it is wrong to be a decent playmaker and say things on twitter that sounds stupid, and no one else but a handful of bills fans seem to care about?

I mean, I get you think that this tweet could mean stevie is getting kicked out of buffalo, but it has been several days now and I don't see any sign of this happening, and never thought it would. I don't see him losing the locker room over his tweet, I don't see the patriots using this as "extra" fuel like they would if rex ryan said it, I don't see any younger players looking at him and thinking they should do the same and shouting about north korea on twitter, I don't see any coaches or front office people showing any concern....

so tell me, where is this actually affecting the team? Because I can't imagine it is doing anything at all as far as the football side goes.

So what are you saying exactly? It is ok to have off the field issues that hurt the team if you are a big name and a big playmaker, but it is wrong to be a decent playmaker and say things on twitter that sounds stupid, and no one else but a handful of bills fans seem to care about?

I mean, I get you think that this tweet could mean stevie is getting kicked out of buffalo, but it has been several days now and I don't see any sign of this happening, and never thought it would. I don't see him losing the locker room over his tweet, I don't see the patriots using this as "extra" fuel like they would if rex ryan said it, I don't see any younger players looking at him and thinking they should do the same and shouting about north korea on twitter, I don't see any coaches or front office people showing any concern....

so tell me, where is this actually affecting the team? Because I can't imagine it is doing anything at all as far as the football side goes.

you don't think this is something another team could use by way of motivation to contnue to beat us into the ground?

I can remember one instance where SJ was actually benched and we probably lost the game because of it.

That wasn't anything off the field though. Not once has he done anything off the field that effected the team. not once.

And if you think they lost that game because of stevie being benched, then that is crazy. they lost the game by like 25-30 points. I love stevie and all, but don't seem him scoring and playing enough to offset that. And hypothetically, IF stevie is a good enough as you say to turn a game where the bills lost by like 30 points into a win against a team that went to the super bowl that year, then he must be the biggest game changer than TO and Sanders.

Stevie being benched did not lose us that game by a long shot. However, earlier that season he probably did cost us a win against the Jests with his on the field celebrating. that is still hypothetical, but there is a good chance he actually cost us that game. But that pats* game where he got benched? hell no

you don't think this is something another team could use by way of motivation to contnue to beat us into the ground?

I think that "bulletin board material" is vastly overrated.

I also think that this board would be reacting somewhat differently if Brady, for example, said the same of Buffalo. Of course, we've never been ones for objectivity! :)

That wasn't anything off the field though. Not once has he done anything off the field that effected the team. not once.

And if you think they lost that game because of stevie being benched, then that is crazy. they lost the game by like 25-30 points. I love stevie and all, but don't seem him scoring and playing enough to offset that. And hypothetically, IF stevie is a good enough as you say to turn a game where the bills lost by like 30 points into a win against a team that went to the super bowl that year, then he must be the biggest game changer than TO and Sanders.

Stevie being benched did not lose us that game by a long shot. However, earlier that season he probably did cost us a win against the Jests with his on the field celebrating. that is still hypothetical, but there is a good chance he actually cost us that game. But that pats* game where he got benched? hell no

yup, when I reread your post I realized my reply had nothing to do with your comment, my bad

They could use it, but I doubt they will. I don't think the pats* care what the bills say or do. I think it is obvous if the jests said this, it would be headline news, but since it is the bills, I don't think the pats* care. They don't hate us or fear us. Motivation isn't going to play a role. If we lose to the pats8 twice this season, it is because they are better than us and we suck. not because stevie made a tweet about north korea 8 months prior.

If they need tweets as motivation to beat the Buffalo Bills (as opposed to the humiliation factor), their team might be worse off than ours.

If they need tweets as motivation to beat the Buffalo Bills (as opposed to the humiliation factor), their team might be worse off than ours.

part of the game man,

If I seen this tweet from another team I was getting ready to play it would fire me up.

and If It was playing safety or CB for the Pats, I may have something special in mind for SJ and his comments,

( Patriot missile taking out a scud)

Edited by dog14787

part of the game man,

If I seen this tweet from another team I was getting ready to play it would fire me up.

and If I was a Patriot safety or CB, I may have something special in mind for SJ and his comments

Stevie's tweet was basically admitting that the Pats have owned the Buffalo Bills and it would take some kind of international intervention to end their dominance, so I am not sure why anyone on NE would actually give a damn. Scoreboard. Always.

part of the game man,

and If I was a Patriot safety or CB, I may have something special in mind for SJ and his comments

So your opinion is that a tweet in April is more motivating to the Patriots DBs than the typical desire to win football games in September?

No way.

No team is going to use an April tweet as motivation. You're reaching.

It started out that you were offended by the notion that he would joke about bombing an American city. Then it became a maturity issue that could get him cut. Now it's about bulletin board material?

None of these are realistic negative impacts that would result from a twitter joke...

It's a non issuer for 99.99999999% of the American population. The only people making an ordeal out of it are on this board.

Stevie's tweet was basically admitting that the Pats have owned the Buffalo Bills and it would take some kind of international intervention to end their dominance, so I am not sure why anyone on NE would actually give a damn. Scoreboard. Always.

Exactly.

They don't care one lick what he says.

They'll play the same way they always do.

So your opinion is that a tweet in April is more motivating to the Patriots DBs than the typical desire to win football games in September?

No way.

No team is going to use an April tweet as motivation. You're reaching.

I hope Bills Mafia makes some #FearTheAprilTweet signs.

The only people making an ordeal out of it are on this board. :lol:

I take it you missed all the headlines...

You mean, those 2 newspapers?

Edit: sorry, 3 papers, the snooze picked up on it too

Yeah, it's a national matter...good grief

Edited by thebandit27