Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

I'm wondering how many WNYers don't find fault with this versus us out-of-towners who take enough grief about our lousy team as is.

I live near DC. It's funny - period. IMO, people trying to make something of it are exposing their own problems, not Stevie's.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a guy shows up ten minutes late to work...it's a non-issue. If he takes a 90 minute lunch one day, it's a non-issue.

If he does these things repeatedly, it's an issue.

Stevie pulls this crap repeatedly.

The bolded is true...because, in that scenario, it's affecting that guy's work.

In Stevie's case, it's decidedly not affecting his work...he produces on the field, so I find the comparison a bit misleading.

I'm not saying he should be carrying out his antics off the field, but c'mon, they really aren't a big deal.

In Stevie's case, it's decidedly not affecting his work...he produces on the field, so I find the comparison a bit misleading.

I'm not saying he should be carrying out his antics off the field, but c'mon, they really aren't a big deal.

I get what your saying,

but If I remember correctly it has affected his work because wasn't Stevie already benched in a game we may have won with SJ's assistance?

He was having a real good game.

Edited by dog14787

If a guy shows up ten minutes late to work...it's a non-issue. If he takes a 90 minute lunch one day, it's a non-issue.

If he does these things repeatedly, it's an issue.

Stevie pulls this crap repeatedly.

Some folks may look at this as a joke and nothing more,

but how does another country and its people view what Stevie Johnson just tweeted to the whole world?

Are we going to explain in every language its just a joke?

you two are out of control IMO. no one is ever to joke around again. the backwards big cat and the dog will lash and flog anyone else who attempts to joke around.

joke police.....citizens on patrol. read stevie's newest statement, guess you two responded directly to him thru social media.

I get what your saying,

but If I remember correctly it has affected his work because wasn't Stevie already benched in a game we may have won with SJ's assistance?

He was having a real good game.

that was the fault of one bumbling Chan Failey. up 21-0 lose by 50! the Failey way

North Korea doesn't have a missile capable of reaching the U.S. Mainland but they can hit South Korea and we have nearly 30,000 of our troops there.

That's WhySoSerious.

So, if the dear leader and his cronies read Stevie's joke tweet, that may cause them to launch their missiles at SK? What am I missing here??? :blink:

Well, here it is. I think it does affect Stevie's work, because I think there are times--and I'm not saying all the time--that he's more concerned with putting on a little show (on and off the field), and it clouds his concentration on the field. Yes, he has put up some impressive numbers of the past three years--better than any Bills receiver ever. But, we're all aware recent inflation of passing statistics, so I take his numbers (playing for a ****ty team nonetheless) with a grain of salt.

But I digress.

The following is my own interpretation and based on observations I made two years ago: When Stevie dropped the OT pass against Pittsburgh, he got on the microphone post-game and put on a little show. It looked like he was trying to force some tears, and he had this incredibly self-indulgent narrative queued up about the "young guy comin' up" etc etc. I remember watching it and thinking he came across as severely self-absorbed and ungenuine.

SINCE then, I have been looking for patterns of behavior to change my impression of the man. I'm a Bills fan, a hopelessly optimistic one. For the past four years I've predicted 12-4 or 14-2 seasons...with a straight face. I love all our players, and on the "apologist" spectrum, I ping somewhere very distant from "realist"...if you get my drift.

But when it comes to Stevie, it's just been one showboating self-promotion after the other. Believe me, I'm grateful for what he's accomplished on the field (although it hasn't amounted to a hill of beans during his tenure here, given the woeful 27-53 record that's resulted from all his "production").

And every time this horse **** bubbles to the surface you have most of the fans saying "oh, take a joke," "oh, he's playful" "oh, he has a personality." but the instances keep piling up, along with the losses, the fines, the 15 yard penalties, and--by his own admission--the wasted resources that may be, just may be could have eked out a few more wins.

There's only one person who can change my mind about this, and I don't see him posting here any time soon.

you two are out of control IMO. no one is ever to joke around again. the backwards big cat and the dog will lash and flog anyone else who attempts to joke around.

joke police.....citizens on patrol. read stevie's newest statement, guess you two responded directly to him thru social media.

that was the fault of one bumbling Chan Failey. up 21-0 lose by 50! the Failey way

I guess I'll repeat it...again...I'm not in the slightest bit offended by the joke--I just think Stevie needs to grow up and not try and be so !@#$ing cute all the time.

Would it have been as funny if he had said the Jets?

I believe his Jets joke cost us 15 yards...

"I guess I'll repeat it...again...I'm not in the slightest bit offended by the joke--I just think Stevie needs to grow up and not try and be so !@#$ing cute all the time"

and i will repeat again also..............god forbid a guy jokes around in the OFFSEASON..........i will make sure to send the joke police after you next time your on vacation. much ado about nothing, outraged people are the worst just get off twitter and go back to PBS Masterpiece theatre where all is tailored to your high standards.

I guess I'll repeat it...again...I'm not in the slightest bit offended by the joke--I just think Stevie needs to grow up and not try and be so !@#$ing cute all the time.

I believe his Jets joke cost us 15 yards...

I am late to this discussion and haven't read through all the pages.

On this issue, I am with you on this issue.

Our country is facing down this stupid upstart from N Korea. If this escalates, it could send thousands of our guys to war risking their lives.

Secondly, besides the petty sports rivalries, Foxboro is part of the US. I don't want to even joke about anyone hurting a grain of sand in our country.

Of all the things Stevie can joke about, he finds this situation funny ? To get cute about ? I think it is absurd.

My take is that he just a major attention seeker. He managed to keep himself in check during the regular season but his personality willed him to do something that will get him attention.

I understand that his on-field performance is very good. But what will it take for this guy to grow up and keep his trap shut ? I was getting mildly irritated with his stupid antics but was feeling hopeful after last season's tame behavior. Now he does this and jokes about a major political issue that can risk American lives. Sorry to be a prude, guys, but this is plain stupid and juvenile. We really need WRs, but at what point does the FO get sick of this side circus ?

"We really need WRs, but at what point does the FO get sick of this side circus ?

cut stevie, and cut me as a fan. no ones watching the rest of these bums WR's and Kevin Kolb.

He is not in any legal trouble as Lynch used to get into. But he is a distraction of the sort that is not required. He was in check last season but this transgression makes me wonder if he will once again cause a stupid penalty or drop a catch that costs us a game. I am not confident any more that he is mature enough to handle all game situations. And as I said, lack of WRs should not be the sole reason we put up with his antics. As an example, my company touts safety above everything else. If an employee repeatedly flaunts safety rules, he will be fired no matter how indispensable his services are to our customers.

Ryan If everyone can put up with your bashing our starting QB all season and looks like your off to a good start again,

perhaps you can put up with the joke police

Edited by dog14787

Ryan If everyone can put up with your bashing our starting QB all season and looks like your off to a good start again,

perhaps you can put up with the joke police

i apologize for bashing terrible qb's. :bag: come on bud...

not sure why my dislike of a bad qb gets brought up so much, whats your point?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

its a message board dog. open forum to give opinions give and take..........not attacking you just saying IMO you guys are going overboard about a "tweet" ? a "tweet" man?

is it really that serious? why so serious applies here.

Then give and take a little yourself and read what others are writing. It's not about A tweet. It's about a series of incidents of Stevie acting like a clownish bone head.