Chris Spielman: A Football Life

Airs at 9pm tonight. One of my favorite Bills player of all-time. Doesn't get much mention as one of the greatest LBs in NFL history. Is he HOF bound?

Great football player and outstanding person.

One of my all-time favorite players and I'm very glad he graced our Bills team for a short while. Just him choosing to play for Buffalo brings us greater distinction.

Unfortunately the days of run-`stuffing LBs going to the HOF is largely over with with a few possible exceptions (Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher).

Spielman is the Tommy Nobis of his era, a great player who probably won't make the HOF.

Maybe he'll get in years removed from his retirement like Willie Lanier did.

Maybe he'll be a Veteran's Committee nominee. I'd love to see it.

Great football player and outstanding person.

One of my all-time favorite players and I'm very glad he graced our Bills team for a short while. Just him choosing to play for Buffalo brings us greater distinction.

Unfortunately the days of run-`stuffing LBs going to the HOF is largely over with with a few possible exceptions (Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher).

Spielman is the Tommy Nobis of his era, a great player who probably won't make the HOF.

Maybe he'll get in years removed from his retirement like Willie Lanier did.

Maybe he'll be a Veteran's Committee nominee. I'd love to see it.

Great analogy.

Why Nobis is not in the HOF is simply because he played for terrible Falcons teams. He was every bit as good as many of the other great LBs from the 60's.

If they can keep guys out of the hall of fame for questionable off field things, you should put some in for just the opposite. And Spielman had very good numbers too.

I watched this a few weeks ago and it was very good, never knew he used to hv such a problem speaking in public

Pretty amazing.

I've heard a few of his radio interviews and the guy is inspiring when he talks about his life experiences.

Great analogy.

Why Nobis is not in the HOF is simply because he played for terrible Falcons teams. He was every bit as good as many of the other great LBs from the 60's.

If they can keep guys out of the hall of fame for questionable off field things, you should put some in for just the opposite. And Spielman had very good numbers too.

There are other great and classic MLBs not in the HOF like Randy Gradishar and Jeff Siemon.

I wonder if London Fletcher gets any consideration at all. He wasn't really honored at all until late in his career.

Still, what a career.

I've said It before on here but dude was in his normal time slot on the sports talk radio station in Cbus the day after his wife passed away. Fielded calls pretty much all afternoon from people just thanking everyone for all their support and speaking candidly. Said he was there because that's exactly what Stefanie would have wanted him to do. Great football player, greater person & role model. One of my all time favorite Bills despite his short tenure. He still speaks very fondly of Buffalo, Ralph, and his time there. He's a true blue football guy and he knows that's a big part of Buffalo.

Then went on to play professional ball for Detroit and Buffalo. Blue collar all the way, I couldn't picture him playing for the Arizona Cardinals or the Miami Dolphins it just wouldn't have been right.

And I don't believe he ever played with them but he signed a contract to play for Cleveland before retiring due to his neck injury.

And I don't believe he ever played with them but he signed a contract to play for Cleveland before retiring due to his neck injury.

Pretty sure that's correct. Neck injury & I think his wife had a cancer relapse so he decided to hang em up for good.

Pretty sure that's correct. Neck injury & I think his wife had a cancer relapse so he decided to hang em up for good.

Correct. The Bills traded him away to the new Browns for "past considerations" as a favor to Spielman, knowing that he wasn't going to be a contributor for the Bills.

Chris Spielman = Stud in every sense of the word. God Bless him.

Correct. The Bills traded him away to the new Browns for "past considerations" as a favor to Spielman, knowing that he wasn't going to be a contributor for the Bills.

We actually received a 'box of tape' for him :-)