North Carolina...Hate Queers...Love God.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3003401.html

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: I tried to make more, but it wouldn't let me. I love this state, but I hate the people who run it some times.

Edit: Oh, and Rowan County is one of the more "forward" counties... It is directly South of my County, Davidson, and two counties over Mecklenburg/Charlotte

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee...............You think the Puffington Host might be reading a lot more into this to meet their own bigotry.

FTA:

much ado about a nothing political game.

You don't know NC well. My own County has "In God We Trust" across the top of the building. Was taken to court over it to a very high level, too. It is great people are religious, it's a great tool for many. But, no one person has the exact same religion even if they claim the same God. I would be ashamed if I had to have my son or daughter (which I do not have any kids) beleive that their religion was more superior then another because it is "official." I was raised Baptist, I was dedicated, went to Sunday school, all that crap. Hell, my Mom refuses to take me off the church membership, and I am too lazy to get off of it.

My own County has "In God We Trust" across the top of the building.

What a trampling of your rights.

Dear lord I'd rather ram my foot up the ass of the people that file those lawsuits than any YEC Bible-thumper, any day of the week.

By the way, this thread is PPP's 10,000th topic.

God does have a sense of humor..............................lol

I am God.

What a trampling of your rights.

Dear lord I'd rather ram my foot up the ass of the people that file those lawsuits than any YEC Bible-thumper, any day of the week.

I agree with your sentiment, too many sue over the simplest of things, no doubt about it. However, it is about more then that. It is the recognition of the state of the church, which I am pretty sure should be kept seperate. I am fine with elected officials being religious on their own terms in their own ways but it should not be brought in to government. Beliefs are one thing, because so many basic values are echoed in religious belief, however not all are and often times those issues are part of the fabric that is ripped, resewn and redrawn across this country - abortion, gay rights, blacks and whites, drinking, etc. The Church can back a canidate, the canidate can back a church, but the government has absolutely no business backing a church.

Bleh, if only I was not just a cow turd sniffin yokal I would be able to express myself much better. Good grief.

but the government has absolutely no business backing a church.

And what, pray tell, does having "In God We Trust" across the top of a county building have to do with that?

...well this is pretty obviously unconstitutuional...if SCOTUS were 9 Scalia's maybe...but seriously...what is with this provocative legislation on the state level?

See reply #2,

they know its unconstitutional, its a petty game playing thing,

but keep dreaming that it fits your little world view.

I am God.

I agree with your sentiment, too many sue over the simplest of things, no doubt about it. However, it is about more then that. It is the recognition of the state of the church, which I am pretty sure should be kept seperate. I am fine with elected officials being religious on their own terms in their own ways but it should not be brought in to government. Beliefs are one thing, because so many basic values are echoed in religious belief, however not all are and often times those issues are part of the fabric that is ripped, resewn and redrawn across this country - abortion, gay rights, blacks and whites, drinking, etc. The Church can back a canidate, the canidate can back a church, but the government has absolutely no business backing a church.

Bleh, if only I was not just a cow turd sniffin yokal I would be able to express myself much better. Good grief.

I see "In God We Trust" as more historical, cultural importance rather than a endorsement of a state religion. It is part of the history and cultural fabirc of the country. When I see people want to take this off money, buildings what have you I see it as just more chipping away at the unique American history. But that seems to be the goal of the left. Pound away at the underpinnings of America and reconstruct it as their own.

Why does it have to that??? Can't it simply say nothing???

Sure it can. But do you honestly care? And can you make an argument that it's either aiding religion, setting up a church, or forcing or influencing anyone to go to a church against their will?

Sure it can. But do you honestly care? And can you make an argument that it's either aiding religion, setting up a church, or forcing or influencing anyone to go to a church against their will?

No argument can be made. Nobody honestly cares.

No argument can be made. Nobody honestly cares.

The politicians care enough to waste time with this tomfoolery. Then stand on it during campaigns and promotion.

Can you make an argument it is not? It is a double sided argument. It aids religion by promotion, it sets up a church in a loose definition by putting prayer and God in its method, and anyone who must enter that building may not agree with this policy. I do not care that the "In God We Trust" is there, or that people pray. I support religion, I really do. A lot of people need it, it does some good things.

I see "In God We Trust" as more historical, cultural importance rather than a endorsement of a state religion. It is part of the history and cultural fabirc of the country. When I see people want to take this off money, buildings what have you I see it as just more chipping away at the unique American history. But that seems to be the goal of the left. Pound away at the underpinnings of America and reconstruct it as their own.

I agree fully on the historical note. I think the rebel flag/confederate naval jack/whatever still should be allowed. I am fine with heritage. I am not fine with hate. However, in a similar manner if you hung the Christian flag would just as many people be outraged as those seeing the Naval Jack?

It has the word God in it. Geez......

I am fine with the word God. I am fine with it being posted on the dollar, and such - but when it is used as a tool of propaganda I am not fine. Do not throw it on the building only to brag that this county still has morals and beliefs like our forefathers believed, that it was a nation built on God, blablabla..

And what, pray tell, does having "In God We Trust" across the top of a county building have to do with that?

Church

• A building used for public Christian worship.

• A particular Christian organization, typically one with its own clergy, buildings, and distinctive doctrines: "the Church of England".

It creates a church, if only for a few seconds.

Edited by jboyst62

SECTION 1. The North Carolina General Assembly asserts that the Constitution of the United States of America does not prohibit states or their subsidiaries from making laws respecting an establishment of religion.

SECTION 2. The North Carolina General Assembly does not recognize federal court rulings which prohibit and otherwise regulate the State of North Carolina, its public schools, or any political subdivisions of the State from making laws respecting an establishment of religion.

Technically, they're right. The First Amendment says Congress shall not make any laws, etc., etc.,...it says nothing about the states.

Of course, they're trying to overturn probably thousands of pages of legal precedent, and they're apparently thinking that a state can be part of the US but not bound by federal law, and they seem to be forgetting that there's a word for when a state tries to argue it's no longer bound by the acts of Congress: it's called "secession," and it didn't work out too well the first time.

You have really, really, REALLY stupid legislators.

Technically, they're right. The First Amendment says Congress shall not make any laws, etc., etc.,...it says nothing about the states.

Of course this amendment must be read in light of other amendments after it, including those ratified after it...particularly that big one after the civil war and the legal interpretation that followed