anyone got a good process management link on hand?

I have heard some of you talk about your careers at times and many seem to pride themselves on solid process management. Anyone have a link of wisdom to impart on the subject? Perhaps a scholarly article of manageable size although anything would do...but not a book we're talking something to read tonight.

I have heard some of you talk about your careers at times and many seem to pride themselves on solid process management. Anyone have a link of wisdom to impart on the subject? Perhaps a scholarly article of manageable size although anything would do...but not a book we're talking something to read tonight.

Go through these pages and reread everything by people who disagree with you. It's a good start.

It started with Taylor. Frederick Taylor. Yeah, it started with him. He's da guy.

Scientific Management he called it. Whadda stoonad. Hah!

Or W Edwards Deming

Why bother reading? Process management is 99% luck anyway.

Why bother reading? Process management is 99% luck anyway.

In my experience it's about 20% luck, 20% hard work, and 60% whacking people upside the head with a baseball bat and screaming "What the !@#$ is wrong with you?"

In my experience it's about 20% luck, 20% hard work, and 60% whacking people upside the head with a baseball bat and screaming "What the !@#$ is wrong with you?"

Were you able to respond after being so hoarse after all that screaming?

What do you want to know? Or better, why? This is a fairly broad topic, from my perspective. I could point you in a number of directions, so it would be helpful to know what you are trying to accomplish.

For example, if you want to see the industry standards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Process_Model_and_Notation

and

bpmn.org

If you want to see some software

activiti.org (for workflow engine)

and

jboss.org/drools/ (for rules engine)

or a whole lot of stuff. Too much to list here. This is probably the hottest business software right now in terms of dollars/effort invested.

Or, if you are doing a purely theoretical thing...as was stated above, look up Deming, or Professor Scheer(Aris toolset) for that matter(btw, I have a decidedly German influence to my work/outlook...just so you know)

Or W Edwards Deming

Taylor was the real father of this bastard. Deming came along later and pretty much established the QA discipline.

That's what made it possible for Rosie-the-Riveter to come in from the kitchen/farm and line up on the assembly line and replace GI Joe who had other things to do - like go fight the Japs and the Hun.

Great things happened when Joe came home. The manufacturing was going along so swimmingly, they ****-canned Deming and Juran who took off for Japan to help the new Shogun - MacArthurSan rebuild that country. They did a fantastic job of it. In fact, they helped Japan win Post World War II.

What do you want to know? Or better, why? This is a fairly broad topic, from my perspective. I could point you in a number of directions, so it would be helpful to know what you are trying to accomplish.

For example, if you want to see the industry standards:

http://en.wikipedia....el_and_Notation

and

bpmn.org

If you want to see some software

activiti.org (for workflow engine)

and

jboss.org/drools/ (for rules engine)

or a whole lot of stuff. Too much to list here. This is probably the hottest business software right now in terms of dollars/effort invested.

Or, if you are doing a purely theoretical thing...as was stated above, look up Deming, or Professor Scheer(Aris toolset) for that matter(btw, I have a decidedly German influence to my work/outlook...just so you know)

Maybe if you pointed him to an AI that can do anything it wants he could convince it to want to develop a good process management.