Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I've always been partial to Manning, because he's never had a coach like Belichick.

I have no idea on #2, as neither has played an NFL game yet. I'm not campaigning for Geno, I'm simply saying that I don't agree that effort or want-to will be the deciding factor with him...it'll be his ability to make quick decisions and execute.

I agree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall an interview with Marone during Syracuse's season and remember him stating that "you''ll be watching this kid on a lot of Sundays"...this was far prior to any head coaching considerations.

you mean back when his job was to sell his qb, so he would be able to recruit more qbs?

I've always been partial to Manning, because he's never had a coach like Belichick.

I have no idea on #2, as neither has played an NFL game yet. I'm not campaigning for Geno, I'm simply saying that I don't agree that effort or want-to will be the deciding factor with him...it'll be his ability to make quick decisions and execute.

Manning has 1 Superbowl. Brady has 3 Superbowl rings and been to 5. A winning attitude is everything. Brady might be the coolest qb under pressure in history. The dude just looks focused when the game is tight. No looks of doubt or fear. I hate Tom Brady, but I respect the guy for sure. Plus, Brady bangs supermodels.

I'll tell you the same thing I did in the shoutbox. Nassib is a good field general that puts his team in the best possible position to win.

Nassib has faced Geno Smith three times in his young career and came away with three victories.

You may take that part of being a QB/leader for granted, thats up to you.

I dont...

Yeah but when somebody talks about Barkley destroying the cuse and Nassib 11 tds 1 int, yeah 5tds last year,you start making excuses. Your football knowledge is none.

There are many, if not most, evaluators who believe that Barkley doesn't have enough arm strength. Then there are many evaluators who believe that he has more than enough arm strength. It goes back to the many conflicting evaluatons that I spoke to.

With respect to qb foot speed I don't think that it is too meaningful of an attribute. Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Warner were not by a long shot cheetahs. All these qbs are good candidates for the HOF. What is more important than foot speed is how you react and slide in the pocket.

Many people have Gino Smith ranked as the top qb in this draft. There is a good chance that the Bills will be in position to take him. Will they? I don't know how they rate him compared to the other prospects. Again, the evaluations are all over the place. I believe that he has the best overall tools in this draft class. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be the best pro.

With respect to Barkley outperforming Nassib in head to head competition means little. It is one superior team beating an inferior team. Rating individual players is all together a different endeavor.

The point that I have been emphasizing in my posts is that there is a number of good qb prospects in this draft. It is the job of this front office to find the best prospect for this team. There are very good qb prospects who don't have a first round grade attached to them. That doesn't mean that those qbs can't be very good qbs. Kaepernick and Russell Wilson reflect that point. It comes down to the front office getting the job done or not.

What was USC record last year???.Hmnn. Take Nassib,yeah thats what the Bills do. Thats why they are losers . Year after year.

A detailed, slightly different, and very entertaining write-up on Nassib. (Sample: " Nassib is the Kristen Stewart of quarterback prospects. Many people see the face of a new generation, the gorgeous-and-talented centerpiece of a successful modern-day franchise. Others like me see a mumbly, intermittently-pretty person with an overbite who can barely emote.")

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/draftathon-ryan-nassib-quarterback-syracuse/

Sorry if it was already posted.

Nassib is Kristen Stewart? Actually sat thru that terrible snow white movie this past weekend....all out on Kristen Stewart she's very bad.....I've never seen the twilights......

I prefer a Wilson/bray(who has met w buffalo a ton)/dysert etc etc etc in the 3rd.......snatch up monsters with first 2 picks if Nassib is really the play and genos taken before us at 8

You know, I try to keep up with this thread, then I find myself uttering "Jesus Christ!" too often. So-and-so wants it more? Pinstripe bowl as an indicator of... much of anything?

This is all stuff for those people for whom stats and actual, evaluatable performance and evidence doesn't tell them the story they want to hear.

I know we're in the church of "only **** that happened in the last four months matters" and ESPN-derived meaninglessness about character and drive and all that BS, but... Jesus Christ.

What was USC record last year???.Hmnn. Take Nassib,yeah thats what the Bills do. Thats why they are losers . Year after year.

You need to learn how to read. I'm not advocating for any particular qb because I simply don't know which qb is best suited for this team. The conflicting evaluations have left me undecided. The position I have repeatedly made on the qb issue is that there are plenty of good quality qb prospects in this year's draft and it would be irresponsible not to draft one in the early rounds.

If you favor a particular qb then good for you. I can't criticize your judgment because I have no firm position on who is the best qb. If you are confident that you know for sure who is going to be the best qb in the draft then you are very naive. The so-called experts who spend a lot of time following college football don't really know who is going to turn out to be a good pro. If you think your judgment is better than the pro scouts then more power to you and your delusion.

You need to learn how to read. I'm not advocating for any particular qb because I simply don't know which qb is best suited for this team. The conflicting evaluations have left me undecided. The position I have repeatedly made on the qb issue is that there are plenty of good quality qb prospects in this year's draft and it would be irresponsible not to draft one in the early rounds.

If you favor a particular qb then good for you. I can't criticize your judgment because I have no firm position on who is the best qb. If you are confident that you know for sure who is going to be the best qb in the draft then you are very naive. The so-called experts who spend a lot of time following college football don't really know who is going to turn out to be a good pro. If you think your judgment is better than the pro scouts then more power to you and your delusion.

i am with you on this, i believe. i have no intimate knowledge of which qb in this year's draft will be the best of the bunch. and in reading the opinions of all the TBD posters and the draft guru's and everyone in between i can be talked into or out of any of these guys. all i know is i really hope that the bills identify one of them as the best fit for this team and grab him.

i respect the opinions of most here, and enjoy the back and forth for the most part, if not informative it is certainly entertaining. i just hope that there are no hard feelings between the TBDers.

We might trade back for an extra pick in the first round if we scare another team into a loss of a player and grab an extra second with a little gambling but the Bills need a player that knows the system & works now. Ralph is not long for this world and the team will do so much better with Nassib in a familiar system versus forcing other players into something they need to learn.

Nassib will be the starting QB come our first game, Kolb being a good back-up. Mark my words to this post, it's already over, it's been called already.

Nassib will be the starting QB come our first game, Kolb being a good back-up. Mark my words to this post, it's already over, it's been called already.

Is this factual or just speculation? If it is true can you share the source?

According to Kirby Jackson who purports some inside info, Nassib is 4th on the Bills QB board:

As I understand it the Bills QB big board is Geno, Mauel, Wilson (followed by Nassib and Barkley). Unless things have changed in the last couple of weeks I would be very, very surprised to hear either Nassib or Barkley called at 8.

According to Kirby Jackson who purports some inside info, Nassib is 4th on the Bills QB board:

I missed that post by Kirby...But I like it... :thumbsup:

I guess the question would be then...Do they view Geno and EJ as #8 worthy? B-)

From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback...

THIS SAYS IT ALL. "Quick comment about Nassib. In Hindi language - Nassib means Luck. Do I need to say more :)?"

-- Ram, Delhi, India

I personally think that the Bills have had a tremendous amount of luck over the last decade.

If there was a QB who's name meant "Change"......now that's a player I could irrationally get behind superstitiously based upon his name. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dibs

We are basically agreeing. This qb issue drives me nuts. How does even a clownish franchise such as the Bills not find a legitmate franchise qb since the retirement of Jim Kelly, twenty years ago? The level of incompetence is stupifying!

I'm simply making the poiint that there are good quality qb prospects in this draft. It appears now that the sluggish GM is belatedly making a concerted effort to find a quality qb prospect in this draft. Do any of the qbs in this draft have a greater upside than a Pennington type qb? I believe so. The only way you can really find out is to take the plunge and find out for yourself. If you find out that your qb prospect is a Pennington type qb and you prefer an upgrade then go out and draft or find another qb.

Drafting a qb that you find out to be limited doesn't mean that you are stuck in an ever lasting marriage with that player. If you find yourself in that unsatisfactory situation then find another qb. It's not easy but it happens all the time. Flacco repalced Boller, a former first round qb pick. The Packers drafted Rodgers when they already had Favre. The Skins mortgaged a good chunk of their future to select RGIII. The Giants gave up a lot to get Eli from the Chargers. You do it by taking action, not waiting for the perfect situation that rarely happens.

I understand why our country GM decided to go with Fitz; at the time he had few options. But not getting a decent prospect in the pipeline during his three year tenure made absolutely no sense. He let sterling prospects pass because he focused on the flaws instead of the assets. A Pennington type qb might have a weak arm but at least he could hit the broad side of the barn while standing in front of the barn. That is certainly a dramatic upgrade over the generously paid qb we let go this offseason.

"I understand why our country GM decided to go with Fitz; at the time he had few options. But not getting a decent prospect in the pipeline during his three year tenure made absolutely no sense. He let sterling prospects pass because he focused on the flaws instead of the assets."

I find that particular statement quite worrisome. Any GM or talent evaluator can see the obvious talents. It takes a real professional's professional to be able to see a guys POTENTIAL. If everyone only saw the obvious guys, then there'd be no steals, no sleepers, no opportunities for the smaller teams like Buffalo to get an edge. Polian had that ability. Seattle and San Fran have that ability. Even I saw Kaepernick and Wilson as elite talents.

Now, I'm not claiming to know the behind-the-scenes truth to what happened these past 3 years. Maybe Nix was overly influence by Ralph, or maybe he put the decision in Gailey's hands (it seemed like Gailey went out of his way to keep Fitz from having to compete with anyone - I think he was afraid he'd be forced to switch, and he'd be proven to have been wrong). Either way, the time is NOW for Nix. He can redeem himself with a stellar draft. The players are there - the Bills can walk away from this draft with all their holes filled, as long as Nix proves he's elite at evaluating talent. I'm hoping he goes out having put the Bills in the playoffs!

I missed that post by Kirby...But I like it... :thumbsup:

I guess the question would be then...Do they view Geno and EJ as #8 worthy? B-)

Mark my words - Barkley is their number 1 QB.

Thats why we are losers..year after year...because of these so called Bills pro- scouts.