Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone? You haven't been around much. That said, how can it NOT be a good thing for a rookie QB to already have familiarity with his coaches and system?

If the Bills are running the offensive "system" of the crew that went 25-25 in the Big East, we will be able to pick Johnny Football next year.

I'm in....

NFLN just showed his Pro Day - everyone seemed relatively impressed. Live arm. Needs to work on the long ball. Buddy was there. Not much new...

Mike Tannenbaum, mentioned that teams that are targeting him early in the second, might want to trade up into the first so they can lock him in to a 5yr contract (new CBA thing, I guess) and let him develop. Interesting thought / point.

Except that he would be playing against much better opposition than he faced at Syracuse.

And he'll have a hell of a lot better supporting cast than at Cuse

Of the top 6 Qbs coming out he had way less to work with at wr,te,rb than any of them. His oline sucked with a center that weighed 250 lbs. He, and he alone, was the difference maker at cuse. He made the players around him better.

Except for Justin Pugh, his LT, who only played a handful of games this past season, none of his boys on offense will be playing on Sundays.

NFL network covered Syracuse pro day. Spoke well of Pugh as a OT, Nassib was viewed as a 3rd round pick. Noted that a team my take him in the 2nd. Nix was present and I am sure he was liking what he saw. Mike Tannenbaum ex NYJ Gm said Nassib would be the Bills selection in the 2nd.

Edited by Nitro

NFL network covered Syracuse pro day. Spoke well of Pugh as a OT, Nassib was viewed as a 3rd round pick. Noted that a team my take him in the 2nd. Nix was present and I am sure he was liking what he saw. Mike Tannenbaum ex NYJ Gm said Nassib would be the Bills selection in the 2nd.

PLEASE NO!!!!. this would set the franchise back further than Losman. This kid is barely a pro QB. He will be lucky to be a career back up. Id rather sign a FA or go with Fitz and wait for a kid with actual upside

Ryan Nassib is going to be the 1st QB in over a decade to carry the Buffalo Bills on his shoulders and into the playoffs.

Kids smart, tough, has a strong arm and the Buffalo Bills will not take any chances,

...For the 8th pick in the 2013 draft the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib...

...turn the page...

And he'll have a hell of a lot better supporting cast than at Cuse

Of the top 6 Qbs coming out he had way less to work with at wr,te,rb than any of them. His oline sucked with a center that weighed 250 lbs. He, and he alone, was the difference maker at cuse. He made the players around him better.

Except for Justin Pugh, his LT, who only played a handful of games this past season, none of his boys on offense will be playing on Sundays.

Hve to disagree.... Lemon will be a slot receiever somewheer in NFL, Cherbain, the guard has a chance as well. I do agree he was reason for success of SU this year as was best player by far.

Ryan Nassib is going to be the 1st QB in over a decade to carry the Buffalo Bills on his shoulders and into the playoffs.

Kids smart, tough, has a strong arm and the Buffalo Bills will not take any chances,

...turn the page...

Fitz 2 with NO WHEELS. NO DEEP BALL. BIg Balloon deep ball ,due to NO ARM strength. Slower Fitz. Threw many 5-15 yd passes at pro day. Even Fitz guns the short stuff.

Fitz 2 with NO WHEELS. NO DEEP BALL. BIg Balloon deep ball ,due to NO ARM strength. Slower Fitz. Threw many 5-15 yd passes at pro day. Even Fitz guns the short stuff.

The no arm strength comment is as good as saying, " hey fellas, look at me, I'm stupid"

just saying :nana:

Edited by dog14787

NFLN just showed his Pro Day - everyone seemed relatively impressed. Live arm. Needs to work on the long ball. Buddy was there. Not much new...

Mike Tannenbaum, mentioned that teams that are targeting him early in the second, might want to trade up into the first so they can lock him in to a 5yr contract (new CBA thing, I guess) and let him develop. Interesting thought / point.

That is the most interesting point in this entire thread, maybe the most interesting point on the entire first page of TSW. (it really is interesting, and not just for Nassib. If a team has an early second round pick and they are targeting a QB [especially this QB class] it makes much sense to jump back into round 1 to pick him up. That extra year could be invaluable.)

That is the most interesting point in this entire thread, maybe the most interesting point on the entire first page of TSW. (it really is interesting, and not just for Nassib. If a team has an early second round pick and they are targeting a QB [especially this QB class] it makes much sense to jump back into round 1 to pick him up. That extra year could be invaluable.)

I know, I know :blush:

The no arm strength comment is as good as saying, " hey fellas, look at me, I'm stupid"

Hey kid finish your fruity pebbles and catch the bus for school. Hurry up ,moms going to get mad.

Tannenbaum's an idiot, there's no more three to five year development plan for the QBs drafted in the first three rounds. Just look at the success of last years's class. Also, you can't develop speed and athleticism. Nassib looks great when no one is chasing him down. Tannenbaum is clueless.

Tannenbaum's an idiot, there's no more three to five year development plan for the QBs drafted in the first three rounds. Just look at the success of last years's class. Also, you can't develop speed and athleticism. Nassib looks great when no one is chasing him down. Tannenbaum is clueless.

A QB with the type of strength Nassib has can make throws with players draped all over him.

Does Tom Brady run away from people with his speed?

Nothing to do with letting him develop really, than simply having him under contract for an extra year before FA. Simply a financial thing. Tannenbaum is still an idiot, however. Besides, if it works out that you have to pay a franchise QB money a year earlier is a small problem to have for a team looking for a franchise QB for a decade.

As for Nassib, it's true he doesn't look great... but no one does. Are his faults any bigger than the others? Not so sure, every one of these QB's has some people saying they're no better than a 3rd round pick. Geno, Barkley, all of them have detractors.

Kellogs Frosted Flakes fella myself :flirt:

Ugh. Too much refined sugar. That stuff's no good for you.

Cheerios or Rice Krispies (oats or rice). No refined sugar and no wheat flour.

Sweeten it up with berries. Even though they contain sugar they also have fiber and anti-oxidant vitamins.

I wonder what kind of cereal Nassib eats?

...turn the page...

Based on the way he twice led the Syracuse Orange to the title Big East title playoffs promised land glory a BCS bowl The Pinstripe Bowl?