Nick Barnett "back with Bills" tweet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'd joke. My guess is they wanted him, just not at the money they were paying ($3 million/2 years). He tested the FA waters, drew no interest.

Does anyone else think Chris Brown and the Bills site are very lame this year? Entries like "Choice says he's back with the Bills". WTF, man, you work for the Bills! Get the info from the organization and post "Bills resign Choice".

Obviously the organization isn't fond of releasing info to anyone. Did any of us know Kolb was in BLo last week? Or Manny Lawson. How about the coaching search? New Bills M.O. seems to be stealth. And that includes their own web reporters.

Really? :rolleyes:

You can't imagine? Really? How long have you been on this board? :lol:

What passes for sports media these days, about half of it is based on tweets by athletes. If Tim Tebow made the same Tweet about returning to the Jets, it would be a huge story... it's Buffalo, we are Bills fans...Nick Barnett is Tim Tebow!

If Barnetts' Tweet was something about signing with the Patriots, or even the Dolphins, I likely wouldn't give it a moments thought if he followed it up with an "April Fools!!!" tweet... it still wouldn't be funny (most April Fools jokes are not funny), but more understandable.

Ok youre right :thumbsup:

haha so funny. what a moron. now i know why nobody wants to sign him.

i have a joke for you, barnett: your NFL career is over. actually, it's not a joke...

pffffttttt...The sound of the last of credibility being released from Nick Barnett's NFL career.

You two must be real treats to hang out with on an average day. What a couple of whiners. 'MMMMMwaaaa someone made a funny and it made me sad."

If the tweet is actually from his account then it has to be legit. There's no way Nick would joke about something like that with his NFL career hanging in the balance. I don't think the Bills or any other NFL team would see the humor.

That's what I thought, but apparently we are both mistaken. So for Nick's sake, I hope NFL teams have a compatible sense of humor!

This tweet will have zero bearing on how NFL teams view Nick Barnett, IMO.

His performance is 90% of the equation.

His character is 10% of the equation.

This joke is about .25% of his character.

No team would make a decision on a player based on a harmless joke.

Obviously the organization isn't fond of releasing info to anyone. Did any of us know Kolb was in BLo last week? Or Manny Lawson. How about the coaching search? New Bills M.O. seems to be stealth. And that includes their own web reporters.

They don't let anyone know for good reason. The majority of the better free agents that would come here (see Fred Davis), use the Bills to up their value with not much intention, if any, of actually signing here. To avoid the fanbase going nuts over yet another failure, they just don't let word get out until it is near a done deal.