Romo 6yr 108 million

I'm sorry....I didn't mean it to sound that way.

.....I've reread what I wrote & I can't see where I might have given you that impression.

How could you possibly garner that from what I wrote? I know we are being somewhat peppered with ridiculous comments from people about deliberately tanking.....but I would never advocate that as a viable option.

What I wrote was....."Years without success while constantly drafting and changing QBs.......until you finally land the right guy.".

How do you read that as me implying that we should deliberately tank?

I may have misread your responses. I probably conflated it with the large segment of responses that take the position that you have to wait for the consensus elite qb pick, and in the meantime do nothing about the qb issue until that dream scenario materializes.

If I misconstrued your response I apologize. My position is simply that now is the time, as it was last year and the year before to draft a legitimate qb prospect. If it doesn't work out then do it again, and again until you come up with a legitimate long-term franchise qb. Three years of not attempting to address the qb issue is crushingly stupid.

Edited by JohnC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have misread your responses. I probably conflated it with the large segment of responses that take the position that you have to wait for the consensus elite qb pick, and in the meantime do nothing about the qb issue until that dream scenario materializes.

If I misconstrued your response I apologize. My position is simply that now is the time, as it was last year and the year before to draft a legitimate qb prospect. If it doesn't work out then do it again, and again until you come up with a legitimate long-term franchise qb. Three years of not attempting to address the qb issue is crushingly stupid.

No probs.....all good.

In terms of basic QB strategy, we are of the same mind. It's great if you can get one of those super prospects on draft day.....but it's not likely to happen unless all of the wheels fall of the bus.....or you get very lucky with a trade. Until it happens(if it ever does), keep drafting QBs that have a lesser chance to become great. Eventually your numbers come up & you are set for the next 15 years.