Romo 6yr 108 million

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow way overpaid!!

nope - just out of touch with the going rates.

told everyone to get over flacco - wait til you see what rodgers signs next go around. or even guys like matt ryan. forget what some of these rookies forced to wait 3 years will get if SF or SEA ends up with a ring this year.

Edited by NoSaint

Your right. Can`t wait to see that deal

just the nature of the beast right now.

with the cap going from 85m to 125m in less than ten years all the top end numbers look crazy these days. guards for 8m? yup, qbs are 20. less than a decade ago those guys would be 12m for the qb and 5m for the elite guard.....

with the cap going from 85m to 125m in less than ten years all the top end numbers look crazy these days. guards for 8m? yup, qbs are 20. less than a decade ago those guys would be 12m for the qb and 5m for the elite guard.....

When will it stop? Unreal to a blue collar worker like me.

When will it stop? Unreal to a blue collar worker like me.

i think that we are about to see the economy finally flatline the growth for a bit.

you almost certainly wont see another 50% boost that fast

This takes Nix off the hook for worst deal with a QB in the past 5 years.

Numbers aside why are they locking up a guy for 6 years who has not done much to warrent that.

And yes it is moves like this by dumb owners who drive up the numbers!

nope - romo is a guy around the fringe of the top ten. youd be hardpressed to put him outside of that and thats what they get paid. fitz got paid like one that was around 20th best and played like it.

Schefter just made a good point: Friday afternoon after 4pm is always the time teams try to announce things they really are not happy with and don't want as much publicity. ;)

its a tough spot. youve got to pay the guy. but the fan reaction is going to be what we see here. depending on structure, this deal may be much smaller too. but to see that 100m number is going to throw fans through a loop.

Edited by NoSaint

And that was outrageous at the time too.

These 100+ mill contracts for QB's are fantasy numbers, they will never see all of it and teams will never be on the hook for it. Its just one upsmanship from team to team.

Right. Seems to me it's a 3 year, 55 million dollar deal. That's a lot of tacos for Romo. I just think Jones could have gotten away with less.

And in the NFL its all about the QB (Too bad our team can't figure that out). 20 mill per isn't but a 6th of the cap these days and its due to go up again starting next year.