Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg faces $1 billion tax bill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Most people are thrilled, to tell you the truth," said Stan Pollock, a San Francisco area accountant who specializes in handling tax issues for tech workers. "I have had very few clients that get these huge windfalls who have resented paying the tax. They know they got lucky."

Yeah, lucky. And happy to throw away a billion bucks. Yup.

Oh I thought there was such thing as luck that didn't involve a literal loto win.

Generally if you invent a product and people are stupid enough to put their life stories on it to the point that it becomes a phenomenon, I would consider it being a genius, not really having to do with luck.

Generally if you invent a product and people are stupid enough to put their life stories on it to the point that it becomes a phenomenon, I would consider it being a genius, not really having to do with luck.

Generally if facebook was the invention of that...you would be more persuasive. Nothing against facebook...just saying in terms of many of the top Cali Internet/tech companies...that one there is as lucky as it gets...separate yourself from the tax part of the topic of which I don't mean to connect the luck part but yes he was extremely lucky

Generally if facebook was the invention of that...you would be more persuasive. Nothing against facebook...just saying in terms of many of the top Cali Internet/tech companies...that one there is as lucky as it gets...separate yourself from the tax part of the topic of which I don't mean to connect the luck part but yes he was extremely lucky

Sorry you don't create a historic worldwide phenomenon that earns you billions by being lucky.

I wouldn't consider it being a genius, either. He created a product that allows people to externalize their internal monologue, and then wrapped it in a MLM framework. That's doesn't require "genius"...that just requires, like most MLM scams, the realization that people are !@#$ing idiots.

Sorry you don't create a historic worldwide phenomenon that earns you billions by being lucky.

"But he couldn't have done it without the internet."

So he was lucky, because he was born into a country where the internet existed and allowed him to create. Which is why he didn't build that, somebody else made it happen.

I wouldn't consider it being a genius, either. He created a product that allows people to externalize their internal monologue, and then wrapped it in a MLM framework. That's doesn't require "genius"...that just requires, like most MLM scams, the realization that people are !@#$ing idiots.

also..once again he didn't create this. He packaged it well at a good time. And in any event, not taking anything away from it...just saying...of all people he was lucky...talented and all that yes obviously worked hard...but lucky as hell

Edited by SameOldBills

LOL...Mark is a talented guy but yes he got real effin' lucky...

In any event the comments are true he should pay in nickels

Coming from you, doesn't surprise me in the least. Leftist douchebaggery at its finest.

Edited by Magox

also..once again he didn't create this. He packaged it well at a good time. And in any event, not taking anything away from it...just saying...of all people he was lucky...talented and all that yes obviously worked hard...but lucky as hell

Spoken like a typical envious progressive who's never created anything from nothing to a successful enterprise.

I guess like a lot of success stories there is a element of luck involved. This is probably no different. But he had enough insight an instinct that put him in a position that with a break here and there he could break out and become rich.