Nice Non-Work If You Can Get It

When local California official Susan Muranishi retires from her job in a couple of years, she’s going to be walking away with a fat paycheck -- $423,664 a year – for the rest of her life.

Muranishi, an Alameda County administrator, makes $301,000 in annual base pay. But in addition to that, the San Francisco Chronicle reports she'll also receive:

• $24,000 in “equity pay” to make sure she makes at least 10 percent more than anyone else in the county, even in retirement.
  • An annual performance bonus of $24,000, even in retirement.
  • Another $9,000 a year for serving on the county’s three-member Surplus Property Authority, even in retirement.
  • $54,000 a year in “longevity” pay for having stayed with the county for more than 30 years, even in retirement.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/26/alameda-county-administrator-to-get-423644-year-after-retirement/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2OkCRJqjS

Of course California, you know, being on the cutting edge of society and progressiveness, has a great idea that will help pay for such valuable productive individuals such as county administrators.

http://www.foxnews.c...ment-tax-email/

Yea, I'd like to see how they would enforce that. I imagine a lot of the tech companies with headquarters in CA would leave.

Of course California, you know, being on the cutting edge of society and progressiveness, has a great idea that will help pay for such valuable productive individuals such as county administrators.

Berkeley City Councilman Gordon Wozniak brought up taxing emails during a recent council meeting. He suggested the money collected, which would be part of a wider-reaching Internet tax, could be used in Berkeley's case to save the local post office.

I've got a better idea Wojohowitz. Why don't we tax the idiots that still use the post office to improve my internet speed. Huh, how about that??

That's makes about as much sense as taxing car tires in 1905 to save the local buggy whip factory. I can't tell you that last time I set foot in a post office or even mailed a letter from my home. WTF is wrong with these people??

Edited by Chef Jim

I've got a better idea Wojohowitz. Why don't we tax the idiots that still use the post office to improve my internet speed. Huh, how about that??

That's makes about as much sense as taxing car tires in 1905 to save the local buggy whip factory. I can't tell you that last time I set foot in a post office or even mailed a letter from my home. WTF is wrong with these people??

15 or so years ago in a city I used to live they were having budget problems. One of the suggestions were for them to computerize the payroll department. (I was astounded that it hadn't already been done) A councilman scolded the speaker claiming that if payroll was computerized there would be a loss of jobs. F'n idiots are everywhere.

Yea, I'd like to see how they would enforce that. I imagine a lot of the tech companies with headquarters in CA would leave.

Apparently this Cordell guy is ethier a giant moron, or is still happily running his Gateway 2000 from 1997. Perhaps it was possible back then, now? No friggin way. Not with the architectures in place already, never mind the ones that will be designed and deployed in response to this idiocy.

But really? I'm starting to wonder if this nonsense, that comes up every time a new Democrat is elected, is just a put-up job.

They know there's no way...but it makes them look good to the far left idiots who supported their campaign = "I'm gonna...innovatively...tax more things!". :rolleyes: It costs them nothing to say this, and nobody remembers it 3 months later. But the far left gets its "2 weeks after the election, it's already happening...Hooray!" idiot bone.

The Federal Communications Commission is eyeing a proposal to tax broadband Internet service.

The move would funnel money to the Connect America Fund, a subsidy the agency created last year to expand Internet access.

The FCC issued a request for comments on the proposal in April. Dozens of companies and trade associations have weighed in, but the issue has largely flown under the public's radar.

In a similar vein, Stockton, CA is bankrupt thanks in large part ot unfunded pensions. Yet in their bankruptcy proceedings, the pensions can't be touched. Or at least, that's what pro-pensioners are trying to argue. The decision will come today, but I'm betting they still are left untouched.

In a similar vein, Stockton, CA is bankrupt thanks in large part ot unfunded pensions. Yet in their bankruptcy proceedings, the pensions can't be touched. Or at least, that's what pro-pensioners are trying to argue. The decision will come today, but I'm betting they still are left untouched.

There's no way this crap is sustainable:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-01/police-chief-s-204-000-pension-shows-how-cities-crashed.html

"Stockton, California, Police Chief Tom Morris was supposed to bring stability to law enforcement when he was appointed to the job four years ago.

He lasted eight months and left the now-bankrupt city at age 52 with an annual pension that pays more than $204,000 -- the third of four chiefs who stayed in the position for less than three years and retired with an average of 92 percent of their final salaries."

There's no way this crap is sustainable:

http://www.bloomberg...es-crashed.html

"Stockton, California, Police Chief Tom Morris was supposed to bring stability to law enforcement when he was appointed to the job four years ago.

He lasted eight months and left the now-bankrupt city at age 52 with an annual pension that pays more than $204,000 -- the third of four chiefs who stayed in the position for less than three years and retired with an average of 92 percent of their final salaries."

Just stop your war on poor people. If it wasn't for unions, the evil corporations would make everyone eat dog food.

The CEO of XYZ Corp made $10MM last year, so we can certainly afford to give a guy a $200,000 lifetime pension for 8 months of work.