Drone software

We keep seeing more and more about drones:

US, China, Iran, Israel.....and on and on. Every country has them and they can drop bombs. Iran found a way to communicate with one of our drones. If they can do it I'm sure we can. It is all just ones and zeroes.

Still, having all that firepower up there talking back and forth seems a little weird. As drones start getting shot down by countries do you think they could start talking to each other with ones and zeroes and cryptationary methods that will shut off people being able to control them and start teaming up? Is their software self learning like that?

[start_transmission]

Buffalo Niagara International Airport 4200 Genesee St Cheektowaga, NY 14225

1. Head southwest toward Genesee St 0.4 mi 2. Continue straight onto NY-33 W/Kensington Expy 1.6 mi 3. Take the exit onto I-90 W 7.6 mi 4. Keep right to continue on US-219 S, follow signs for Orchard Park/Springville 3.4 mi 5. Take the New York 179 W/Mile Strip Road W exit 0.4 mi 6. Merge onto NY-179 W/Milestrip Rd 0.7 mi 7. Turn left onto Abbott Rd 1.3 mi 8. Turn left onto Bills Dr Destination will be on the left 0.1 mi Ralph Wilson Stadium 1 Bills Dr Orchard Park, NY 14127

[end_transmission]

US, China, Iran, Israel.....and on and on. Every country has them and they can drop bombs. Iran found a way to communicate with one of our drones. If they can do it I'm sure we can. It is all just ones and zeroes.

Still, having all that firepower up there talking back and forth seems a little weird. As drones start getting shot down by countries do you think they could start talking to each other with ones and zeroes and cryptationary methods that will shut off people being able to control them and start teaming up? Is their software self learning like that?

[start_transmission]

Buffalo Niagara International Airport 4200 Genesee St Cheektowaga, NY 14225

1. Head southwest toward Genesee St 0.4 mi 2. Continue straight onto NY-33 W/Kensington Expy 1.6 mi 3. Take the exit onto I-90 W 7.6 mi 4. Keep right to continue on US-219 S, follow signs for Orchard Park/Springville 3.4 mi 5. Take the New York 179 W/Mile Strip Road W exit 0.4 mi 6. Merge onto NY-179 W/Milestrip Rd 0.7 mi 7. Turn left onto Abbott Rd 1.3 mi 8. Turn left onto Bills Dr Destination will be on the left 0.1 mi Ralph Wilson Stadium 1 Bills Dr Orchard Park, NY 14127

[end_transmission]

Nicely done...

Being on the same wavelength with EII....................................priceless.

Credit where it's due. EIL....that was funny.

Who's the squirrel that found you?

Ha! Crayonz' gerbil... It is not what you think... ;-)

I'll stand with you as above but... FOR THE RECORD...I have no idea what that means. :huh:

No. The drones don't have the necessary programming for that. Literally there'd be noplace for them to store the data necessary that would lead up to making a "decision" like that, never mind lacking the methods/functions to execute it.

Code generaion is no new concept, but, the template for which code can be generated is the key. AI can learn all it wants to, but, you can always control what it learns.

Consider: if we never exposed you to the alphabet, you'd have no idea what it was. I supposed you could extrapolate your own alphabet, but...it took humans years to do that. Morever, if we modified your eyes such that you couldn't perceive letters, then you could come up with as many alphabets as you might, but you wouldn't be able to see them.

AI can learn all it wants to, but, you can always control what it learns.

Which one is it? If you can control what it learns and it wants to learn something but you won't let it then it can't learn all it wants.

Morever, if we modified your eyes such that you couldn't perceive letters, then you could come up with as many alphabets as you might, but you wouldn't be able to see them.

I know this is PPP and pretty much anything goes but if you are physically threatening me I think that is beyond the pail and I suggest you apologize.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Which one is it? If you can control what it learns and it wants to learn something but you won't let it than it can't learn all it wants.

I know this is PPP and pretty much anything goes but if you are physically threatening me I think that is beyond the pail and I suggest you apologize.

First it was drones, then artificial intelligence and now advanced, next-generation bucketry? We live in truly exciting times.

Which one is it? If you can control what it learns and it wants to learn something but you won't let it than it can't learn all it wants.

It is not only beyond the pail, it is approaching the dark side. Buckets and buckets of it.

It is not only beyond the pail, it is approaching the dark side. Buckets and buckets of it.

I guess I'll explain it.

Beyond the pail is an old farmer's term he used to use for his kids. Part of the field was dedicated to piling up the cow $&!@. The farmer would put a bucket at the end of the good part and tell his kids not to go "beyond the pail". If they did, they were n the $h&*. OC is in it now unless he apologizes for the physical threat. Therefore he is beyond the pail.

I guess I'll explain it.

Beyond the pail is an old farmer's term he used to use for his kids. Part of the field was dedicated to piling up the cow $&!@. The farmer would put a bucket at the end of the good part and tell his kids not to go "beyond the pail". If they did, they were n the $h&*. OC is in it now unless he apologizes for the physical threat. Therefore he is beyond the pail.

Did they store it high in transit?

Which one is it? If you can control what it learns and it wants to learn something but you won't let it then it can't learn all it wants.

Hmmm. So either you are slow, or, you are after me.

I go with the first one:

1. AI can learn anything it can percieve.

2. You can prevent AI from learning something by limiting/modifying it's ability to percieve.

These two statements aren't contradictory.

Moreover, you can put inherent, basic traits into any computer system that will cause it to process things a certain way. And, you can establish a hierarchy of rules, that it cannot break without shutting itself down. It's as simple as having publc functions and private ones, and the private ones cannot be overridden, so, even if it could override it's own methods, and re-program them, it wouldn't be able to mess with the private ones without causing a system error. Or in the case of the drone, either falling out of the sky, or, rebooting itself and thus preventing the "collusion" with the other drone. Of course, bugs happen, but that is why we test, and that is why we patch.

We use this system to great effect in preventing moronic activity from one of the greatest single threats to society: client-side programmers. :lol: Or more likely, the half-technical manager who refuses to accept his/her limitations. Skynet has nothing on these people, in terms of the catastrophic damage they can cause.

Who said anything about threatening? You know how you misread that email today? That was just me...testing the system.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Hmmm. So either you are slow, or, you are after me.

I go with the first one:

1. AI can learn anything it can percieve.

2. You can prevent AI from learning something by limiting/modifying it's ability to percieve.

These two statements aren't contradictory.

Those to aren't but your two were. You said AI can learn anything it WANTS TO. Now you're saying perceives.

Who said anything about threatening? You know how you misread that email today? That was just me...testing the system.

You threatened to make modify my eyes such that I could not perceive letters. Isn't that what that sick Nazi guy did? That sounds like a threat to me. Go back and read your own post and then please apologize.