non QB thread.

I like what I have seen and read about Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo. I have reservations as a one year producer, but Ziggy Ansah is intriguing as an outside rush LB in a 3-4.

I'd take CB Dee Milliner in a heartbeat, if available.

I could make a case for taking OT Lane Johnson and having him and Cordy Glenn be the bookends of a very good OL that could help the run-oriented offense and provide good time to pass for a rookie QB taken in the 2nd round.

I don't think the roster is as bad as many around here do.

To get to the next tier of teams - that would be those that push for division titles and making noise in the playoffs- they don't need bodies, they need stars.

That said, I really don't think they should trade back if Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, or Dee Miliner is/are on the board. I'd even take Jarvis Jones at #8 and possibly a few others.

If they could swing trading back, but only a few slots so that they could pick up one of these defensive studs, I'd be ok with that. But if the purpose is solely to get more picks, no thanks. I think this team would be better of with one "A" player than two "B" or "C" players.

EDIT: I took out the QB stuff that fits another thread's premise precisely

Edited by uncle flap

A hypothetical where we don't draft a quarterback?

Pass rusher.

Right now for me I'd say Jordan or Ansah although I've only been watching video of QBs up till now.

Also like the others mentioned, I think Mingo looks awesome. I know his numbers are not that good but I would bet he had a ton of hurries. While watching a lot of the QBs in games against LSU, you could tell they always were aware of Mingo.

They seemed not to care too much about Sam Montgomery.

just can't get excited about any of the QB's in this draft at #8. I would rather see a LB. Any players you like?

The mantra of this year's QBs will be no good has been repeated often. If this year's draft's top QB prospects were Dalton, Kaepernick and WIlson, everyone would be saying how bad the QB's were in this draft.

Picking a QB in the first round (especially outside the top 5) are incredibly cheap. Look at Tannehill's contract at #8. In two seasons at Miami (assuming he's on the roster on the 6th day of camp this year), they Fins will have paid him only 9 million--including all of his guarenteed money. The Bills have spent 11 million of cap money on Brad Smith and T Jackson the past 2 seasons!

The mantra of this year's QBs will be no good has been repeated often. If this year's draft's top QB prospects were Dalton, Kaepernick and WIlson, everyone would be saying how bad the QB's were in this draft.

Picking a QB in the first round (especially outside the top 5) are incredibly cheap. Look at Tannehill's contract at #8. In two seasons at Miami (assuming he's on the roster on the 6th day of camp this year), they Fins will have paid him only 9 million--including all of his guarenteed money. The Bills have spent 11 million of cap money on Brad Smith and T Jackson the past 2 seasons!

My morning was going along pretty good until I read that...thanks for the pick me up :doh:

Next year's draft will supposedly be rich with good QB prospects. If that's true, the Bills should try to trade down from 8th overall, in exchange for a draft pick this year, plus a first round pick next year. If they go into next year's draft with two first round picks, then if need be they'll be well positioned to trade up for a QB they really want.