prude of the year winner

Techie fired after tweeting about men's comments

Adria Richards wrote on her blog at http://butyoureagirl.com that she was seated in a ballroom at the Santa Clara conference Sunday when the men behind her started talking about "big dongles." After hearing their remarks, Richards turned around, took a photo of two men and posted it on Twitter with their alleged comments.One of the men in the photo Richards posted has also been let go from his job at San Francisco-based mobile game company PlayHaven

The full story

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/182427/group/Business/

The tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/adriarichards/media/grid?idx=3&tid=313417655879102464

The face of prude

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=adria+richards&hl=en&client=tablet-android-google&rlz=1Y3KTZR_enSG522SG522&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OEJNUa78JMfPlAX-yYD4CA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=800&bih=1232

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I have a # of ?'s about this occurrence, the most important of which I won't ask for fear of being portrayed in an unintended manner, so I'll just chalk the whole deal up to one more reason why I think the social media explosion is totally out of control. Other than TBD, I stay strictly away from public sites; I can catch enough grief right here!

I have a # of ?'s about this occurrence, the most important of which I won't ask for fear of being portrayed in an unintended manner, so I'll just chalk the whole deal up to one more reason why I think the social media explosion is totally out of control. Other than TBD, I stay strictly away from public sites; I can catch enough grief right here!

I was gonna say the exact same thing...this one could turn HOT real quick and I will sit back and lurk for awhile.

The guys were stupid to say it loud enough to be overheard. You'd think techies would be smart enough to text the comment instead. She was wrong to make it such a big deal and take their picture instead of just talking to them. I wonder what they look like, good looking guys tend to get away with saying things a nerdy guy would not get away with.

But I don't think anyone should have been fired.

Remember when people used to just turn around and tell people to STFU if they were being rude or whatever? Now they have to make a big spectacle of themselves in the process.

Mission accomplished sweetheart: your stupid little blog that no one ever heard of now has its 15 minutes of fame.

The guys were stupid to say it loud enough to be overheard. You'd think techies would be smart enough to text the comment instead. She was wrong to make it such a big deal and take their picture instead of just talking to them. I wonder what they look like, good looking guys tend to get away with saying things a nerdy guy would not get away with.

But I don't think anyone should have been fired.

What they said was dumb - what she did was ridiculous.

I think her attitude generally hurts society more than theirs. (Obviously don't know how extreme they were but it sounds like a stupid comment in jest that was poorly executed)

File under: chubby B word with an axe to grind.

Right, sweetie. "Men" are the problem.

I remember when **** like this had a name. It was called tattling and it was really uncool.

Now, tattling has a platform called twitter which makes it twattling which makes her a twat.

What the hell is a dongle? A cross between a bagel and a donut?

dongle is a small piece of hardware that attaches to computer, TV, or other electronic device and enables additional functions such as copy protection, audio, video, games, data, or other services that are only available when it is attached.