We Don't Know Anything...

Terrakon

Yep, couple a key injuries on the O and D Lines and this season will go down the crapper in a hurry with new coordinators, new system and new QB all trying to get on the same page with CBA-limited practice reps. The New CBA simply added to the difficulty of rebuilding a team.

Well, if the Bills draft the next Jimmy Clausen, then they might even stay healthy on the lines for once and still go 2-14.

Nice post. 8-8 to me would be fantastic out of the gate with this bunch IMO. I would "like" to think this could be done even if we entered next season with zero personnel changes....exact same roster. A better record based on coaching alone.... getting the most out of their players and using schemes that take advantage of the personnel.

I dont know if my expectations are too high at 8-8 or not. Sure hope not. If I'm wrong I hope its because they went 10-6...and made the playoffs. Good grief I'd have a pig roast to celebrate if that happened.

8-8 would mean Buddy pulled a golden QB out of a rabbit hole just before riding off into the sunset and that the new coaching staff probably deserves coach-of-the-year honors across the board. Expecting 8-8? :lol:

"...and the Fins having improved notably."

This is th part of your post that serves as an indication that you are an "all that glitters is gold" type and you utterly fail to see that they are actually worse off. If you look at the signings, you'll see that Ireland is going all in in a last ditch effort to save his as*...and, his job.

First off, they just dumped a huge amount of $$ into a one dimensional receiver who has the "dropsies" and a non-pass rushing linebacker who's not come close to proving his worth. Secondly, did you forget that they lost Sean Smith, Jake Long and Reggie Bush?

Back to your post in its entirety. Pretty much hard to argue with anything you've said, yet the endless regurgitation of this stuff is almost to the point of being infuriating. I get that you're jaded, but you are at a point where you're bordering ignorance because of the track record the subsequent regimes.

The OP's hope is warranted in that, so far, Marrone is following suit with his own track record. He's not throwing a bunch of $$ at band aids, by the way...Fred Davis, really? He has a style and approach that should be a refreshing change to the self-defined status quo that we've become accustomed to. Just look at what he did in 'Cuse. He inherited a program riddled with disease, cancerous individuality, and mismanagement. He blew it up, got them on the right track, won a couple of Bowl games and set something up for the new staff to build upon.

I'm frustrated too, given the amount of holes that need to be filled...but, I'm willing to be patient and take a wait and see approach.

Now, if we go into the draft with no one but Tavaris Jackson on our QB depth chart, I'll start to worry...a lot

Edited by Armchair GM

I really love this site and I truly appreciate the research and work that people put into their posts. ...Sensing a "but" ... But, I think we can all agree on a few things:

1) We LOVE the BILLS

2) We HATE the losing and mediocrity

3) We WANT to win

Obvious, yes, but reading these boards I wonder if I'm reading the words of Bills fans.

I think we have to wait and see. Many other teams this year are not spending in FA and releasing old/veteran players.

I guess I'm just annoyed at the constant pessimism. I know we have been sold this bill of goods before (3 years.. new coach). I'm as disappointed with the team as everyone. I realise our glory days are long behind us even though I feel like it wasn't that long ago. I guess I've become that old guy thinking of the good 'ol days. I mean when I grew up people like Joe Namath were ancient history just like to many Bills fans today Jim Kelly is ancient history.

Nonetheless, we have no clue what this new coaching staff has in mind. My take is we have to wait and see. I think it's a positive that so many players that, in all honesty, have been torn up on this message board for lack of production or failures otherwise have been let go. Good.

Let's stop the misguided wishing for washed up names like Urlacher and move on, building on our young team guided by a new coach that played the game and, judging from interviews, peer reviews and past performance, has a solid football mind and great passion.

You seem to have great consensus building and leadership skills. My problem is that I think a lot. So if I, or other Bills fans get skeptical and start thinking that we are looking at a 4 win season, is it ok for us to e-mail you so you can straighten us out?

I really love this site and I truly appreciate the research and work that people put into their posts. ...Sensing a "but" ... But, I think we can all agree on a few things:

1) We LOVE the BILLS

2) We HATE the losing and mediocrity

3) We WANT to win

Obvious, yes, but reading these boards I wonder if I'm reading the words of Bills fans.

I think we have to wait and see. Many other teams this year are not spending in FA and releasing old/veteran players.

I guess I'm just annoyed at the constant pessimism. I know we have been sold this bill of goods before (3 years.. new coach). I'm as disappointed with the team as everyone. I realise our glory days are long behind us even though I feel like it wasn't that long ago. I guess I've become that old guy thinking of the good 'ol days. I mean when I grew up people like Joe Namath were ancient history just like to many Bills fans today Jim Kelly is ancient history.

Nonetheless, we have no clue what this new coaching staff has in mind. My take is we have to wait and see. I think it's a positive that so many players that, in all honesty, have been torn up on this message board for lack of production or failures otherwise have been let go. Good.

Let's stop the misguided wishing for washed up names like Urlacher and move on, building on our young team guided by a new coach that played the game and, judging from interviews, peer reviews and past performance, has a solid football mind and great passion.

I'm looking for any reason to be optimistic. Any help?

"...and the Fins having improved notably."

This is th part of your post that serves as an indication that you are an "all that glitters is gold" type and you utterly fail to see that they are actually worse off. If you look at the signings, you'll see that Ireland is going all in in a last ditch effort to save his as*...and, his job.

First off, they just dumped a huge amount of $$ into a one dimensional receiver who has the "dropsies" and a non-pass rushing linebacker who's not come close to proving his worth. Secondly, did you forget that they lost Sean Smith, Jake Long and Reggie Bush?

Back to your post in its entirety. Pretty much hard to argue with anything you've said, yet the endless regurgitation of this stuff is almost to the point of being infuriating. I get that you're jaded, but you are at a point where you're bordering ignorance because of the track record the subsequent regimes.

The OP's hope is warranted in that, so far, Marrone is following suit with his own track record. He's not throwing a bunch of $$ at band aids, by the way...Fred Davis, really? He has a style and approach that should be a refreshing change to the self-defined status quo that we've become accustomed to. Just look at what he did in 'Cuse. He inherited a program riddled with disease, cancerous individuality, and mismanagement. He blew it up, got them on the right track, won a couple of Bowl games and set something up for the new staff to build upon.

I'm frustrated too, given the amount of holes that need to be filled...but, I'm willing to be patient and take a wait and see approach.

Now, if we go into the draft with no one but Tavaris Jackson on our QB depth chart, I'll start to worry...a lot

Dude, what happened to your post?

Such a long ghostly rant -- and then there was another one!

Short version of above: Wilson is incompetent and indifferent. The Polian hire was close to an accident. There's no rational evidence the team will not be very bad so long as Wilson is the owner. The only tangible thing fans could do to change the situation is not buy tickets and refuse to support the team.

C'mon Dr. you got the TARDIS. You already know if the Bills get any better in the next few years.

It's not pessimism that is annoying. I'm pessimistic about the changes. It's this group of people on here who just want to rant about every single aspect of the Bills organization. They then lock themselves into this cocoon that there is this large amount of people who just drink the kool-aid. It's the inability of this subset of posters that can't grasp that people want to discuss the Bills good and bad, but that their constant "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE" with little to no analysis or ability to accept that they actually may be wrong that is annoying.

You don't have to be optimistic to not constantly throw the equivalent of a 4 year old's temper tantrum in every single thread.

Edited by jeremy2020

Such a long ghostly rant -- and then there was another one!

Short version of above: Wilson is incompetent and indifferent. The Polian hire was close to an accident. There's no rational evidence the team will not be very bad so long as Wilson is the owner. The only tangible thing fans could do to change the situation is not buy tickets and refuse to support the team.

And then people like you scratch their little noodles and wonder why other people that make forums like this one better never come.

LOL

Edited by TaskersGhost