Running back rule passed....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I read correctly, using the crown of the helmet is prohibited for both offensive and defensive players in the open field.

Also, I'm one more inicident away from holding a mandatory TBD workshop on Twitter linking:

http://twitter.com/A...414423039156225

Can you hold a workshop on how to name links. For some reason, I do not know how to do that any longer even though I used to be able to do so.

I'm for anything that evens the playing field a little, with so many advantages going to the offense over the past 25 years. See how the running backs like having to change the way they initiate contact. Emmitt Smith hates the rule change

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/emmitt-smith-says-proposed-safety-rule-change-means-160244253--nfl.html

They should've also addressed the grabbing of the facemask when stiff-arming. Right now the running back can basically grasp the defenders facemask and push/twist his head as part of the stiff-arm. I can understand the open handed stiff arm but when they clasp the bars of the facemask that should be a penalty, just like the defenders would be called for.

I'm for anything that evens the playing field a little, with so many advantages going to the offense over the past 25 years. See how the running backs like having to change the way they initiate contact. Emmitt Smith hates the rule change

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/emmitt-smith-says-proposed-safety-rule-change-means-160244253--nfl.html

If I trusted emmitt to understand the rule it would carry a lot more weight. He's just come across so dumb in the past that even when he might be right I hesitate to jump on board.

If I read correctly, using the crown of the helmet is prohibited for both offensive and defensive players in the open field.

Can you hold a workshop on how to name links. For some reason, I do not know how to do that any longer even though I used to be able to do so.

It's not that hard, Peter.

Assuming you weren't goofing...

Write your text and select the chain linky icon with the green plus sign attached to it. Paste your url in the space provided and click "OK". That's the easiest way to do it. Otherwise, IIRC, you can do it like this:

EDIT BY ME - the code disappeared, so I'm rewriting it with some spaces so the server doesn't make it go kablowie again:

[ url=whatever ] Hey, here's my linky thingy! [ / url ]

You type your url right after the http://www.blahblahblah.whaterver thing though

Edited by Nanker

lol, FJ's got one of the hardest heads in the NFL and not afraid to use it.

I guess I was thinking Freddie is more of a slash/elusive runner and CJ a quick burst and acceleration...but you're right, I've seen Fred lower his head (not as much as Gore or Lynch). Point taken

They should've also addressed the grabbing of the facemask when stiff-arming. Right now the running back can basically grasp the defenders facemask and push/twist his head as part of the stiff-arm. I can understand the open handed stiff arm but when they clasp the bars of the facemask that should be a penalty, just like the defenders would be called for.

Yeah, I don't get that one either. It is called, but very, very rarely.

Feels like a gradual phasing-out of the game altogether... Pay Roger Goodell to be the bad guy so the owners don't get blamed, and then slowly whittle away at the fanbase. Guess all those lawsuits make the owners position untennable. Wish there were a better way to deal with this... For example, I wouldn't mind paying more for tix and mercahndise, if the cash went to injured players. Doesn't seem fair to ruin the experience to fans who pay good money to see it.

Sorry, can't copy the Twitter link from my phone. Per Adam Schefter. Voted 31-1. Illegal for the RB to lower his crown of the helmet outside of the tackle box.

Most retarded rule ever. How in the world are you supposed to run the ball?

I'll tell ya another thing, this heads up program the NFL is implementing is going get kids necks broken.

Your neck needs to be in a neutral position or you will break it eventually. I tried that Heads up BS when is a kid and dam near broke my neck. As you squat down into a running or tackling position your head needs to be in the same position as when you are standing. When you lower yours body your head shouldn't move it all but be in a strait line line with your back. having your head move up or down is asking for it.

Out with one stupid rule (tuck rule), in with another. :wallbash:

agreed

sounds like another rule that will called with no real consistency (unless your playing the Pats)

this is dumb IMO......Rb's are supposed to put their heads down and run hard for that extra yard IMO. Tackle them low if you need to or get trucked.

Welcome to the

National

Fairy

League

If I trusted emmitt to understand the rule it would carry a lot more weight. He's just come across so dumb in the past that even when he might be right I hesitate to jump on board.

Maybe he would have benefited from this rule change...its about protecting athletes from drain bamage.

Maybe he would have benefited from this rule change...its about protecting athletes from drain bamage.

so you like this rule change? i say just cancel the season, tackling will be the next to go. the defenseless WR calls were out of control last year now this will be added.

you know the risks when you step on the field. you get compensated very VERY well. If we are going to play flag just cancel the whole thing.

(yes i understand the plight of some and I am being naive to some who didn't make any $$$ and are hurt for life, but it is what it is to me)

add some sort of medical coverage for all NFL'ers and that would suffice for me.