Black Man's View on Obama

Whenever I want a black man's opinion on Obama, I call Dave in Elma.

:lol:

/thread

Here's the thing, I did; and I found your views on this particular issue to be more than a bit myopic.

Makes sense, I mean, I know I used a lot of big words in my sentence: "I think the answer depends on the person flying the flag but it's usually one of these two choices:"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you 100%

I think that Clinton should have resigned because he became a distraction to the country.

But in general, and solely in a vaccuum, do you think that moral indiscretions should be a disqualifier for public office (taking the his lie under oath out of the equation)?

Edit: My 1000th post fully agreed with OC. This portends great things to come.

Character is simple to evalute, and if the lack of it effects the job, as it did with Clinton, then it's an easy one, right? Inversely, firing a high-character guy who just isn't as skilled as we need....is why the football board struggled with Chris Kelsay for years. :lol:

I'll ask you: who would you rather have working at your law firm? A guy who bills at .8 utilization, but also tries to bang eveything he sees, including your wife/girlfriend, and has a powder problem, or, the guy who only bills .4 and doesn't really know how to score new business, but is no-drama?*

There's little point in discussing character, or listening to the assassins of it, as the truth of it, and its real effect, will soon become self-evident anyway.

I saw plenty of "character" officers in the Army, and F them. I took my boot knife to one of them once, because he "charactered" his way into getting us all "killed", twice. Too often "character" is used because the truth: "I'm not as good at the job as I should be, or really, I talk about characater because I don't want to talk about skill set" doesn't work out too well for the speaker. :lol:

The trouble with this post is: leftist idiots will use it to justify having no character at all, and/or, justify declaring that character doesn't exist. Oh, and * my answer is: I don't know, I may need one, neither, or both of them, depending on what we are dealing with.

There was a time that I may have still worn it out. That could have made for an interesting role playing scenario.

Oh hell yes. I am not above all this btw, and I don't want to represent that I am.

I did after all walk into my old Sabres/Bills bar, that is usually is a mix of black/white, and stupidly do a McKelvin impression. It wasn't...offensive...but it was awkward.

It's funny to me how racially uptight white yankees are. When I was in college I would sometimes wear a shirt that had 3 confederate flags on it (The First National, and two others, I don't recall) and no black guys ever had a problem with it - And it wasn't out of ignorance or to inflame; more of a statement that I rejected the conventional wisdom regarding the South and the War of Yankee Agression. I'd make statements in class that would offend the sensibilities of the average yank (like most black guys don't tip) and no one (except a couple of white girls) ever took offense. The black guys were more likely to laugh and say "Man, Rob, you don't hold back". There was no tension, no resentment. We were comfortable pointing out and laughing about differences between predominantly black and predominantly white culture without getting our backs up about it. ****, at this point we were all in the same boat.

Also, I had a lot more respect for the black guys I would hang out with who would openly tell me they didn't really like white people (I was the exception; go figure) than for the uptight types who pretended to be offended (or worse actually were) by the acknowledgement of relatively innocuous racial distinctions.

It's funny to me how racially uptight white yankees are. When I was in college I would sometimes wear a shirt that had 3 confederate flags on it (The First National, and two others, I don't recall) and no black guys ever had a problem with it - And it wasn't out of ignorance or to inflame; more of a statement that I rejected the conventional wisdom regarding the South and the War of Yankee Agression. I'd make statements in class that would offend the sensibilities of the average yank (like most black guys don't tip) and no one (except a couple of white girls) ever took offense. The black guys were more likely to laugh and say "Man, Rob, you don't hold back". There was no tension, no resentment. We were comfortable pointing out and laughing about differences between predominantly black and predominantly white culture without getting our backs up about it. ****, at this point we were all in the same boat.

Also, I had a lot more respect for the black guys I would hang out with who would openly tell me they didn't really like white people (I was the exception; go figure) than for the uptight types who pretended to be offended (or worse actually were) by the acknowledgement of relatively innocuous racial distinctions.

This of course is the other side of the story that nobody likes to talk about, but is just as real.

It's about, as you said: respect. The reason they would openly tell you stuff? They respected you. Your opinion mattered. You were worth them telling the truth. But, the only way they could have possibly respected you: they had to know you, didn't they?

The trouble with the people in my stories? They didn't know the people they were talking about at all. Not even a little bit.

And perhaps more interesting: Swear to God, I didn't see any race, in either case, until they brought it front and center into my perception. I had to hear the racism first, before I saw the race.

To me: that's the polar opposite of being "racially uptight". I just don't care, because mostly for some reason it just doesn't occur to me.

I have problems with other things. Example: I will fixate on the shape of a party girl's A, and make the decision to move in, long before I notice what race she is(or her boyfriend/husband/girlfriend--by far the scariest scenario). This can be problematic, but I make no apologies for it.