Black Man's View on Obama

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I get it.

I understand why black Americans were so inspired by, and motivated to vote for, the first Black President of the United States.

But now it's time for black Americans to begin to understand why race based politics are divisive and ugly. Voting for someone
because they are black
is the same exact thing as voting against his opponent because they are white. It's ugly, and unacceptable.

I now welcome black Americans to understand my view point. I've been being disappointed by presidents who share my skin color since the day I started paying attention. It's time to stop self-identifying as black Americans, and to start becoming just American.

if president Xing Tao Runninghoof, half chinese, half native indian, won the presidency he would be mixed race

if president Alignak Singh, half eskimo, half east indian, won the presidency he would be mixed race

if president Atalaya Goldenstein, half arab, half israeli, won the presidency she would be mixed race

but president Barack Obama, half black, half white, is black

thats some pretty fkd up sh right there

Listen, I get it.

I understand why black Americans were so inspired by, and motivated to vote for, the first Black President of the United States.

But now it's time for black Americans to begin to understand why race based politics are divisive and ugly. Voting for someone
because they are black
is the same exact thing as voting against his opponent because they are white. It's ugly, and unacceptable.

I now welcome black Americans to understand my view point. I've been being disappointed by presidents who share my skin color since the day I started paying attention. It's time to stop self-identifying as black Americans, and to start becoming just American.

Yea, it gets kind of old hearing about the President and his "blackness." It has a ring of "special."

He is the competent guy running the country, trying to make good things happen, for all U.S. citizens, irrespective of race.

As an aside I recently had a conversation with someone where I was advocating that it makes complete sense that there should be a comparable organization for white folks that endeavors to promote their advancement. And if such a public, non-secretive, transparent organization was created, there should be NO outrage from the left (or minorities in general).

He told me that it already exists - it's called the government.

I would have called him an "idiot" except that it was a family member.

if president Xing Tao Runninghoof, half chinese, half native indian, won the presidency he would be mixed race

if president Alignak Singh, half eskimo, half east indian, won the presidency he would be mixed race

if president Atalaya Goldenstein, half arab, half israeli, won the presidency she would be mixed race

Not as !@#$ed up as Bill Clinton, half white and half white, being the first black president.

Good point.

Driving on I-68 around Frostburg last weekend I saw a bumper sticker that said "Don't Renig in 2012." And to think that there are people who really believe that all disagreements with the President is entirely race-neutral.

I tried to make eye contact with the driver. He glanced at me and quickly looked forward.

What's the point of having such an offensive bumper sticker if you're not going to display it confidently?

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

That's one of my favorite Leo Sayer songs.

That sure is a long winded way of pretending that people with blue eyes somehow are not weirdos.

I saw a bumper sticker that said "Don't Renig in 2012." And to think that there are people who really believe that all disagreements with the President is entirely race-neutral.

I tried to make eye contact with the driver. He glanced at me and quickly looked forward.

What's the point of having such an offensive bumper sticker if you're not going to display it confidently?

oh lord. living in this time where just about everything is interpreted as racist devalues the disgusting real racism like you just mentioned

i grew up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland and racism was real bad - almost constant and very overt. now its a ton better, but when i go back to my hometown (wilson) i still see quite a bit of racism. at least most of the die hards are sheepish about it, but not all

i have a cousin who is still a proud racist. its weird too, bc hes generally a very nice guy, willing to help you out, wont take money when he spends several hours fixing your car, stuff like that. but then in the middle of a party he will proudly proclaim something like 'i dont drink gin cuz thats a ni99er drink.' most everybody around him will say oh shut up you ignorant fool (which in and of itself is different than it used to be where most everybody would agree and those who didnt would say nuthin, except me). but he will just stand there beaming, 'yep if ni99ers like it then i hate it'. hard to figure out how someone that cool otherwise can be such a total dick and be proud of it

racism is irrelevant to me as i could give a shhhh what color you are, either you are cool and friendly or your a d*ck it's really the same with most races.

if i was black i think the term renig in regards to re-electing a black president would piss me off FTR.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Racism is hilarious. It is by a large amount the funniest thing I see on a routine basis. I love living in the South for that reason. I would love to be the big black dude to have my car break down in front of the house down the street with the Stars and Bars flying. Or go to my work where I insult a woman by telling her that I find it funny she is wearing that shirt the day after Obama won. She determines I am a racist and basically ignores me since. I did not say anything off hand, I merely said something along the lines of "Would it be funny if I wore a Bush shirt?"

I could give a crap what color you are. I would still likely think you are stupid or a fool.

oh lord. living in this time where just about everything is interpreted as racist devalues the disgusting real racism like you just mentioned

i grew up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland and racism was real bad - almost constant and very overt. now its a ton better, but when i go back to my hometown (wilson) i still see quite a bit of racism. at least most of the die hards are sheepish about it, but not all

i have a cousin who is still a proud racist. its weird too, bc hes generally a very nice guy, willing to help you out, wont take money when he spends several hours fixing your car, stuff like that. but then in the middle of a party he will proudly proclaim something like 'i dont drink gin cuz thats a ni99er drink.' most everybody around him will say oh shut up you ignorant fool (which in and of itself is different than it used to be where most everybody would agree and those who didnt would say nuthin, except me). but he will just stand there beaming, 'yep if ni99ers like it then i hate it'. hard to figure out how someone that cool otherwise can be such a total dick and be proud of it

Wilson, NC?

Racism is hilarious. It is by a large amount the funniest thing I see on a routine basis. I love living in the South for that reason. I would love to be the big black dude to have my car break down in front of the house down the street with the Stars and Bars flying. Or go to my work where I insult a woman by telling her that I find it funny she is wearing that shirt the day after Obama won. She determines I am a racist and basically ignores me since. I did not say anything off hand, I merely said something along the lines of "Would it be funny if I wore a Bush shirt?"

I could give a crap what color you are. I would still likely think you are stupid or a fool.

I hear you.

However, as a side note, most folks mix up the Modern version of the Confederate Navel Jack and the actual National flag of the CSA. The term, "stars n bars" is actually a blue field with 13 circular stars, and three stripes, red, white, and red. It looks enough like the flag of the USA soldiers would get them mixed up, leading to all sorts of problems.

What I don't get is Souther folks who insist on flying the Navel Jack and claiming " Southern Heritage". I get that you feel some pride and honor in your ancestry, but why use a symbol that has been, sadly, high jacked by idiots, rednecks, and racists? I'll wager that if you flew the actual Star and Bars, or he'll, even Bonnie Blue Flag, no one would even know what they were, much less give two craps...

Wilson, NC?

I hear you.

However, as a side note, most folks mix up the Modern version of the Confederate Navel Jack and the actual National flag of the CSA. The term, "stars n bars" is actually a blue field with 13 circular stars, and three stripes, red, white, and red. It looks enough like the flag of the USA soldiers would get them mixed up, leading to all sorts of problems.

What I don't get is Souther folks who insist on flying the Navel Jack and claiming " Southern Heritage". I get that you feel some pride and honor in your ancestry, but why use a symbol that has been, sadly, high jacked by idiots, rednecks, and racists? I'll wager that if you flew the actual Star and Bars, or he'll, even Bonnie Blue Flag, no one would even know what they were, much less give two craps...

I have one American flag, one Naval Jack (learned something new). I do not fly the Naval Jack or display it, but did so in Ohio.