Free Agents Left

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ideal is super simple:

Darius Heyward Bey-3 year deal, simple reason, our track record isn't good enough for him to want to come to buffalo for a 1 or 2 year deal.

Karlos Dansby- 4 year deal, first 2 guaranteed. See above.

These picks are based on cbssports predicted rounds.

1-Geno Smith-a QB that has played both in Miami and in the rust belt...worked last time. Something I have not heard but should be said, Smith's top WRs where smurfs, he didn't have a great OL and yet...better than 70% competition, when they knew he had to throw. Luck had two top olinemen and two TEs who have or will be drafted in the 2nd and a 3rd that would have been had he not gotten hurt. I like Geno. I'm not saying he's better than luck, I am saying he's worth the 8th.

2-Jonathan Banks CB- reason he could fall, 4.61 forty in Indy, he's one of the most physical corners, has long arms and could start opposite Gilmore.

3-Brian Winters, hoping for Justin Pugh. But Winters is not a bad substitute, will likely have to start at LG as a rookie.

4-Stedman Bailey-again, extremely unlikely, Smith's favorite redzone target, yes one of the smurfs, DHB and Stevie on the outside, Bailey and if he survives brad smith working the slots.

5-AJ Klein-ILB a back up to Dansby.

6 -Levine Toilolo-TE- remember what I said about the 3rd TE Luck had, due to injury concerns, this 6'8" 260 pound TE falls. Imagine a healthy Chandler and Toilolo on the field together, 6'7" and 6'8"

Defense is a 3-4

M.Williams-Dareus-k.Williams

Moats/Anderson(rush)-Nigel (weak)-Dansby-Lawson

Corners are...Gilmore, Banks, (McKelvin, Brooks and Rodgers)

SS-Aaron Williams

FS-Byrd

Just a hopeful thought

Kevin Boothe (G) is still out there - started 16 games at left guard for NY Giants last season, can also play center and - in a pinch - tackle.

What are Nix/Whaley waiting for???? (They should also look at Cornell OL J.C. Tretter as an undrafted free agent is he doesn't get drafted on day 3)

Something tells me we are gonna have a run on what value free agents are around after the draft. Its part of the moneyball thing they got going on. At least I hope they do in my mind

Kevin Boothe (G) is still out there - started 16 games at left guard for NY Giants last season, can also play center and - in a pinch - tackle.

What are Nix/Whaley waiting for???? (They should also look at Cornell OL J.C. Tretter as an undrafted free agent is he doesn't get drafted on day 3)

I met this guy 7 years ago when I went to his sister's house for a meetup between area kids who had gotten into Cornell. I don't know why I remember this, but the family were Vikings fans.

In other words, screw em :D

I read somewhere Brandon Moore only plays RG. Not sure if thats the case

He's played right guard with the Jets.

Whether that would preclude him from playing left guard with the Bills is something I have no idea about.

But I guess theoretically if they signed Moore, they could move Urbik to left guard.

Just a thought.

Ideally-

Brandon Moore G - 2 years

Brad Jones LB - 4 years

Karlos Dansby LB - 1 year

Darius Heyward-Bey WR - 1 year

Kevin Walter WR- 1 year

Draft:

1. Geno Smith/Matt Barkley

2. Robert Woods WR USC

3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St

4. Brandon McGee CB Miami

5. Hugh Thornton G/T Illinois

7. Sean Renfree QB Duke

So lose Levitre, Barnett, Jones and Nelson. Sign Moore, Dansby, Heywood-Bey and Walter. Seems a bit like musical chairs to me. I don't see the improvement.

So lose Levitre, Barnett, Jones and Nelson. Sign Moore, Dansby, Heywood-Bey and Walter. Seems a bit like musical chairs to me. I don't see the improvement.

The guys coming in are making less money, and playing under a new coaching regime (Could be good or bad, time will tell that though), playing with a new QB (Could be good or bad, again time will tell). What you don't do is keep a bunch of good losers making winners salary...I wanted Levitre, but not for that price. The only one on that list that I definitely would've kept is Nelson.

at some point they are going to haveto jump in and add some vets.

moore would be great , have to wonder why it hasn't happened all ready

walter and bey would also be nice

I would like to add a vet cb, maybe a chris carr type , cheap low risk

and they need an inside backer

Is Buffalo's strategy to go in the tank this year in order to garner a high draft pick next year...........and then select their franchise QB?? It's sure starting to look that way.

If the plan is indeed to go into the tank and hide then I don't see the Bills trying to do very much in free agency. Even if they do plan to "tank one for the team" they would be wise to pick up some younger FAs to build around.

If last year in Indy it was "Suck for Luck" then this year in Buffalo it should be "In the well for Manziel"

Brandon Moore visiting the Dolphins today (unless they mean next Wednesday) . He better not sign there. The Bills are really starting to piss me off.

Free agent OG Brandon Moore is visiting the Dolphins on Wednesday.

The Dolphins are going to shop until they drop. A 16-game starter each of the past eight seasons, Moore would be replacing John Jerry with Richie Incognito entrenched at left guard.

Brandon Moore visiting the Dolphins today (unless they mean next Wednesday) . He better not sign there. The Bills are really starting to piss me off.

It just seems pretty clear to me that the Bills know they're going to roll with a lot of youth this year (including at QB) and so it'll be a developmental year, so why invest in aging vets to plug holes. They don't want to call it rebuilding, but that's what it looks like to me.

It just seems pretty clear to me that the Bills know they're going to roll with a lot of youth this year (including at QB) and so it'll be a developmental year, so why invest in aging vets to plug holes. They don't want to call it rebuilding, but that's what it looks like to me.

The very best way to help a young QB develop is to keep charging defenders off his ass, and to run well on early downs to allow him to run or pass on second and third.

Gotta agree. The silence coming form OBD is deafening.

Yep. I knew going in to be patient this year, I expected a few 2nd and few more 3rd level FAs. I certainly didn't expect things to come to a screeching halt.

I'm really hoping there's a tangible plan in place and this isn't a sign of incompetence...

The very best way to help a young QB develop is to keep charging defenders off his ass, and to run well on early downs to allow him to run or pass on second and third.

Of course. But I worry that OBD looks at it year to year, from a cash flow standpoint, i.e., if we are gonna win 5 games or less, why sink any more money into the season.

Of course. But I worry that OBD looks at it year to year, from a cash flow standpoint, i.e., if we are gonna win 5 games or less, why sink any more money into the season.

The Bills have spent a ton of money in three of the last four years. The cash flow really hasn't been all that big of an issue and I doubt it is now. I do think they are in a rebuilding mode. I do think it has been hard to convince guys to come here because of the 13 year drought, the new unproven coach, and no QB. I do think they want to build with a young core more than signing a bunch of veteran stopgaps. But I also think that a couple veteran stopgaps, like Moore, would greatly help the youth movement. Let Colin Brown, Zebrie Sanders, and David Snow learn one more year on the bench or as a reserve, and let the rookie QB have some time and some down and distance in order to grow quicker.

Dansby is another guy. Bradham, Sheppard, White and (likely) a rookie can learn from him and Lawson. 3-4 young guys and two vets is a young group. All young guys is a recipe for disaster.

The Bills have spent a ton of money in three of the last four years. The cash flow really hasn't been all that big of an issue and I doubt it is now. I do think they are in a rebuilding mode. I do think it has been hard to convince guys to come here because of the 13 year drought, the new unproven coach, and no QB. I do think they want to build with a young core more than signing a bunch of veteran stopgaps. But I also think that a couple veteran stopgaps, like Moore, would greatly help the youth movement. Let Colin Brown, Zebrie Sanders, and David Snow learn one more year on the bench or as a reserve, and let the rookie QB have some time and some down and distance in order to grow quicker.

Dansby is another guy. Bradham, Sheppard, White and (likely) a rookie can learn from him and Lawson. 3-4 young guys and two vets is a young group. All young guys is a recipe for disaster.

I agree with everything you're saying (and I would add Devery Henderson to the list - he can stretch the field and he knows Marrone's offense cold). However, I think (based on pure conjecture and nothing else) that the Bills have determined that their aggressive spending the last two years got them nowhere, and so they've decided to save some cash this season while they rebuild. I just can't come up with any other explanation for their complete lack of activity with so many holes on the roster. The Bills are now safely under the cap, and I would not be surprised if they keep most of that surplus this year instead of reinvesting it in their roster.

Edited by Coach Tuesday